2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 18, 2018, 05:19:56 PM
Howye lads.

I may be popping in next Sun to have the craic  :)
Christ SS...you'll have a nosebleed being so high up!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossfan

Once more we mixed the sublime (Ciaráin's outrageous late point esp) with the ridiculous  (first 20 minutes of each half) but got away with another 2 points.
2 late frees missed by Cavan helped.
We really dug it out in that last 15 minutes winning it 5-1.
Domican and Brian Stack the pick of the defence, Comphone showing what he can do at midfield and Ciaráin the pick of the forwards.
Subs added to things greatly and let's hope the cool clean here starts his best team in June and July .
I believe it's Down/Tipp next weekend, Final round back to Easter weekend and the Final 7/8 April.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 18, 2018, 05:19:56 PM
Howye lads.

I may be popping in next Sun to have the craic  :)

You wouldn't fit .  Too many northies...
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2018, 06:07:28 PM
Once more we mixed the sublime (Ciaráin's outrageous late point esp) with the ridiculous  (first 20 minutes of each half) but got away with another 2 points.
2 late frees missed by Cavan helped.
We really dug it out in that last 15 minutes winning it 5-1.
Domican and Brian Stack the pick of the defence, Comphone showing what he can do at midfield and Ciaráin the pick of the forwards.
Subs added to things greatly and let's hope the cool clean here starts his best team in June and July .
I believe it's Down/Tipp next weekend, Final round back to Easter weekend and the Final 7/8 April.

Hanging on the Comphone..

Itchy

Ah look we probably deserved something out of that game but that's the way it goes. We've earned the right to have 2 bites at the cherry so bring on Tipp. Thought cormac Reilly was brutal as ref and ros got the rub of the green with him but you get that sometimes. Ros are probably the best team in the division and I tipped them for promotion at the start. They surely go up now.

tippabu

Quote from: Itchy on March 18, 2018, 08:51:35 PM
Ah look we probably deserved something out of that game but that's the way it goes. We've earned the right to have 2 bites at the cherry so bring on Tipp. Thought cormac Reilly was brutal as ref and ros got the rub of the green with him but you get that sometimes. Ros are probably the best team in the division and I tipped them for promotion at the start. They surely go up now.

Looking forward to it, this match is alot bigger for both counties than the league final one of us will be in. Looking at the results of both counties they are very very similar against each opposition. Cavan are the only team unbeaten at home in the league so its going to be a really tough ask.

Cunny Funt

Didn't Cavan last gain promotion to Div one with a home win on round 7?

Itchy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 18, 2018, 09:19:20 PM
Didn't Cavan last gain promotion to Div one with a home win on round 7?

Yes beat Galway in breffni park.

AZOffaly

Can Down be mathematically promoted or relegated? If not is it worth rescheduling the Tipp game at all? I suppose if Tipp win there then a draw v Cavan would send them up?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2018, 09:58:19 AM
Can Down be mathematically promoted or relegated? If not is it worth rescheduling the Tipp game at all? I suppose if Tipp win there then a draw v Cavan would send them up?

Promoted - no. But we're very much still in the relegation battle.

Blowitupref

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2018, 09:58:19 AM
Down can only get 8 points Cavan and Ros have 9 already.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

it looks like its down to the tipp cavan game to see who goes up and meath down match to see whos relegated

thejuice

Were they planning on Meath Louth going on tonight? Bit of a strange decision. It was postponed again though apparently weather was grand in Drogheda this evening. Sure we might as well delay the rest of the league and the O'Byrne Cup final till September when we'll have nothing left to do.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on March 19, 2018, 08:42:13 PM
Were they planning on Meath Louth going on tonight? Bit of a strange decision. It was postponed again though apparently weather was grand in Drogheda this evening. Sure we might as well delay the rest of the league and the O'Byrne Cup final till September when we'll have nothing left to do.

Thats optimistic thinking ye'll have to wait till september because ye'll be busy ;)

Smurfy123

If Down were to beat Meath this weekend and Cavan beat tipp then the fixtures that weee called off yesterday are dead runners anyway?Would that be correct