Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on March 16, 2018, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 10:37:29 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 10:15:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2018, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 09:39:07 PM
It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Rossies by 4+ and all Cavan hopes to lie on the Tipp game

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Roscommon have lost two competitive matches since we last met 12 months ago, and one was to Mayo..

Roscommon have lost to Mayo, Clare and Down if I'm right?

Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Roscommon beat Clare by seven in Ennis last Sunday, Westside. We drew with Meath in the first round.

You said Ros had lost 2 competitive games I'm in 12 months since we last met. By my reckoning you lost to Mayo, Clare in the qualifiers and Down in the league this year.

In the same time Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Just to be accurate, inferring nothing..

We didn't play Clare at all in 2017, Westside. I think I'd know a little better than you on who Roscommon played so this mightn't be the wisest cross for you to die on.

Roscommon have only lost to Mayo (after a replay) and Down since we last met.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2018, 01:22:46 PM
It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Roscommon have lost two competitive matches since we last met 12 months ago, and one was to Mayo..

Roscommon beat Clare by seven in Ennis last Sunday, Westside. We drew with Meath in the first round.

You said Ros had lost 2 competitive games I'm in 12 months since we last met. By my reckoning you lost to Mayo, Clare in the qualifiers and Down in the league this year.

We didn't play Clare at all in 2017, Westside. I think I'd know a little better than you on who Roscommon played so this mightn't be the wisest cross for you to die on.

I think you mean 'hill', Syf.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on March 16, 2018, 01:26:01 PM

I think you mean 'hill', Syf.

I'm comparing Cavan people to our lord and saviour, though. I thought that would be kinder.

Blowitupref

Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 08:00:47 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
What are Tipp playing like these days?
With the exception of Quinlivan I would not know anyone else on the team.
Whats your thoughts on the naming of teams a few days before the game?Jesus ours does not get released until 20 minutes pre match.
Annoying!

Playing aswell as we have in any league I remember. We have a good panel now with options to come on rather than a bare 15 like when we got to the semi. Very wary of this game, ye seem to be losing games ye should be winning and worrying this will be the weekend it will all come right. We used to be like that but we are this year releasing them at a consistent time and small things like that make it feel like we are taking the football more seriously even if it is a nothing thing really

You might be less wary when you discover Downs record at home is dreadful in the league recently. 

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Westside

Fair enough. So both teams have lost twice since we last met? What's the point you're making?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 16, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 08:00:47 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
What are Tipp playing like these days?
With the exception of Quinlivan I would not know anyone else on the team.
Whats your thoughts on the naming of teams a few days before the game?Jesus ours does not get released until 20 minutes pre match.
Annoying!

Playing aswell as we have in any league I remember. We have a good panel now with options to come on rather than a bare 15 like when we got to the semi. Very wary of this game, ye seem to be losing games ye should be winning and worrying this will be the weekend it will all come right. We used to be like that but we are this year releasing them at a consistent time and small things like that make it feel like we are taking the football more seriously even if it is a nothing thing really

You might be less wary when you discover Downs record at home is dreadful in the league recently.

Or the fact that Down have won 6 games in the last 3 years.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on March 16, 2018, 01:52:51 PM

Fair enough. So both teams have lost twice since we last met? What's the point you're making?

Look through the chain above to see.

Did Cavan not also lose to Tyrone by 21?

tippabu

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 16, 2018, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 12:14:37 PM
Mr Deeds  no I don't know any of the above.I wouldn't be a big following of Tipp footballers
Would you know many Down players may I ask

Sorry I came across as condescending. I'm a Cavan man so know lots of Down footballers. To me Sweeney shoud have got the All Star semi final year and I believe Comerford is maybe best gk in Ireland behind Cluxton.

Ah here, we aren't playing ye till next week, could ye not wait to talk us up then!! Tbf, I wouldn't be overly familiar with down either bar 4/5 players even though I watched all their Ulster games last year just never overly paid attention.

mrdeeds

Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 02:39:41 PM
Mr Deeds  no I don't know any of the above.I wouldn't be a big following of Tipp footballers

Sorry I came across as condescending. I'm a Cavan man so know lots of Down footballers. To me Sweeney shoud have got the All Star semi final year and I believe Comerford is maybe best gk in Ireland behind Cluxton.

Ah here, we aren't playing ye till next week, could ye not wait to talk us up then!! Tbf, I wouldn't be overly familiar with down either bar 4/5 players even though I watched all their Ulster games last year just never overly paid attention.

Still haven't got over game last year. A lot of people go on about Quinlivan but Sweeney probably better. What your thoughts?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 16, 2018, 04:20:17 PM
Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

Still haven't got over game last year. A lot of people go on about Quinlivan but Sweeney probably better. What your thoughts?
Conor Sweeney a better scorer while Michael Quinlivan a better footballer.

AZOffaly

Sweeney is a pure forward. Loves the ball out in front, and has a lovely kicking style. MQ is more of an all rounder. A better ball winner, probably more 'dynamic', and could play him anywhere from midfield up.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 16, 2018, 01:52:51 PM

I'm sure it must be an incredibly insightful point whatever it is.

Itchy

Cavan (FL2 v Roscommon): James Farrelly; Jason McLoughlin, Padraig Faulkner, Conor Brady; Martin Reilly, Ciaran Brady, Enda Flanagan; Killian Clarke, Bryan Magee; Dara McVeety, Conor Moynagh, Oisin Kiernan; Niall Clerkin, Gearoid McKiernan, Caoimhin O'Reilly

Subs: Raymond Galligan, Jack Wharton, Stephen Murray, Sean McCormack, Adrian Cole, Conor Bradley, Cian Mackey, Sean Johnston, David Brady, Niall Murray, Conor Madden, Paul Gilcreest, Ciaran Flynn

tommysmith

Galligan should be left in goals his kicckouts are much better and arguably the better  keeper anyway.

Syferus

Where's Argue gone?

I still remember the Cavan lads screaming for the team to "let the ball in to ARGIE, ARGIE!!" in Breffni three years ago..