The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Think Watson pulled out of the Northern Trust last week because of injury......you'd want to double check that before putting any money on him.....think McIlroy and Jimenez could go well with Bjorn to beat Woods tonight.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

magpie seanie

Quote from: leaveherinsir on February 17, 2011, 08:03:07 PM
Quote from: Groucho on February 17, 2011, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: Joxer on February 16, 2011, 04:11:41 PM
Heading to Sligo this weekend and hopefully will get a couple of rounds of Golf in.  Anyone play  Rosses Point?  What is it like?

Rosses Point is way overrated IMHO, Enniscrone is underrated, Strandhill not as tough as the other two but still a good course. If you don't mind a bit of a drive try and get to Murvagh (Donegal Town) it is a gem.
I would rank Rosses Point above Murvagh, but would agree with you on the other two. Murvagh is a good course, but i think every time ive played it, its been "pishin out of the high heavens". But sure thats Donegal for you!

Probably too late with this now but don't forget Castle Dargan if you're heading down this direction. Played it last May and really enjoyed it, maturing into a nice course.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 23, 2011, 12:11:03 PM
Should be a great week of golf!

Think Watson, Stricker and McDowell will do well.

Yeah should be good I love the Matchplay format.
Starting at 5pm this evening I think which is good as there isn't much else on, though the Inter v Munich game could be good.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

Tee off times delayed 30 minutes because of frost, 1st group now out 2.55pm our time.

heganboy

there's a few crackers there...
stricker- manassero
schwartzel-ishikawa
poulter-cink

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

anportmorforjfc

Some great golf so far, brilliant match between Poulter and Cink going to the 19th. Easy win for Donald.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 23, 2011, 07:19:53 PM
Some great golf so far, brilliant match between Poulter and Cink going to the 19th. Easy win for Donald.

What did Donald win by in the end? He was 6 up at the 9th last time I was watching
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 23, 2011, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 23, 2011, 07:19:53 PM

What did Donald win by in the end? He was 6 up at the 9th last time I was watching

Won 6 and 5

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

sammymaguire

McIlroy loves this match play set up and the whole thing looks an ideal opportunity to raise his stock up a little more than it already is
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Tiger gets knocked out by Thomas Bjorn  :o Will he ever get back to his awesome best?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

McIlroy absolutely tanked today 8&7!

anportmorforjfc

Some big upsets in the first two rounds. This is anyones tournament!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 24, 2011, 08:10:43 PM

Never seen any of it, he must have been shocking bad
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

leaveherinsir

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 24, 2011, 09:56:03 PM
Some big upsets in the first two rounds. This is anyones tournament!
Always is, in this event, shows how good all these guys are on their day.
Quote from: sammymaguire on February 24, 2011, 10:14:43 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 24, 2011, 08:10:43 PM

Never seen any of it, he must have been shocking bad
Quote from: sammymaguire on February 23, 2011, 09:28:07 PM
McIlroy loves this match play set up and the whole thing looks an ideal opportunity to raise his stock up a little more than it already is
Just like your prediction then sammy   ;) ;)