Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usain

Quote from: TheGeneral on August 01, 2017, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 31, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: Leyland on July 31, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
He put name into empty hat and club AGM appointed him. He had went for minor job but lost it on a vote. My point is that our club should be actively looking for a manger not leaving it to anyone that puts name in hat following an ad in our local GAA bulletin that is read by 30-40 people max
Would agree. Raymond's a good lad so it shouldn't reflect poorly on him but if the town want to build on good work of the previous few years they need to put the best people in place. Some may argue that they let a better coaching team go across the mountain.

Did part of said "better" coaching team not already have a crack at the whip with Ballycastle recently? and it didnt seem to work?

Maybe the money over the mountain was a better draw.

What money ;) ;D

Concernedspectator

Quote from: Usain on August 01, 2017, 04:21:28 PM
He put name into empty hat and club AGM appointed him. He had went for minor job but lost it on a vote. My point is that our club should be actively looking for a manger not leaving it to anyone that puts name in hat following an ad in our local GAA bulletin that is read by 30-40 people max
Would agree. Raymond's a good lad so it shouldn't reflect poorly on him but if the town want to build on good work of the previous few years they need to put the best people in place. Some may argue that they let a better coaching team go across the mountain.

Did part of said "better" coaching team not already have a crack at the whip with Ballycastle recently? and it didnt seem to work?

What money ;) ;D

Not the first ex ballycastle manager to follow the money, that's at least 3 now? By all accounts it's not just for the money but respect.

Whether Raymond was the only eejit who put his name forward or not massive respect for the hard work and hours put in over the last 6 months with half the team.

Usain

Quote from: Concernedspectator on August 01, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

What money ;) ;D

Not the first ex ballycastle manager to follow the money, that's at least 3 now? By all accounts it's not just for the money but respect.

Whether Raymond was the only eejit who put his name forward or not massive respect for the hard work and hours put in over the last 6 months with half the team.

Two men for £15K and should win the intermediate. Shrewd business by the men over the mountain  ;)

Same two men would have done a brilliant job in town for nothing, fair play to them.

TheGeneral

Quote from: Usain on August 02, 2017, 08:16:40 AM
Quote from: Concernedspectator on August 01, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

What money ;) ;D

Two men for £15K and should win the intermediate. Shrewd business by the men over the mountain  ;)

Same two men would have done a brilliant job in town for nothing, fair play to them.

Should win, could have won it a few times.

Fancy St Endas for an upset
Goals win championships

Glentaisie

Quote from: Leyland on July 31, 2017, 07:49:09 PM
Listen the whole thing is a disaster - we either got relegated with wats were going or drastic measure of getting rid of manager gave us a glimmer of hope. Raymond got a bad deal but again the majority of it lies at lack of leadership in club that allowed the appointment in first place.
We might avoid relegation we might not - but either way big changes needed at our place which I'm not sure will happen. Players must deliver their side of deal now

Raymond certainly got a bad deal.  I'd go further.  He was stabbed in the back.  The reason nobody wanted the job was because everybody knew it would be a tough season with so many absentees, compounded by absence of county players and others who chose to stay away from training.  Relegation was always going to be between  us, Cloughmills, Rossa and possibly Ballygalget.  The vital games were coming up and as always when the going gets tough the tough get going - except in Ballycastle where they throw the rattles and blame the manager.

But it's OK now.  The new management, a Dunloy man (Dunloy men know how to win championships - they've racked up 11 since we last got one) and a local lad -(who was rejected as senior manager a couple of years ago) have  in just a day or two turned everything round. The players have picked up their rattles.   Relegation will now be avoided and another championship in the Town by the next AGM

MacUilin Abu

Usain

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 02, 2017, 04:02:07 PM
Quote from: Leyland on July 31, 2017, 07:49:09 PM
Listen the whole thing is a disaster - we either got relegated with wats were going or drastic measure of getting rid of manager gave us a glimmer of hope. Raymond got a bad deal but again the majority of it lies at lack of leadership in club that allowed the appointment in first place.
We might avoid relegation we might not - but either way big changes needed at our place which I'm not sure will happen. Players must deliver their side of deal now

Raymond certainly got a bad deal.  I'd go further.  He was stabbed in the back.  The reason nobody wanted the job was because everybody knew it would be a tough season with so many absentees, compounded by absence of county players and others who chose to stay away from training.  Relegation was always going to be between  us, Cloughmills, Rossa and possibly Ballygalget.  The vital games were coming up and as always when the going gets tough the tough get going - except in Ballycastle where they throw the rattles and blame the manager.

But it's OK now.  The new management, a Dunloy man (Dunloy men know how to win championships - they've racked up 11 since we last got one) and a local lad -(who was rejected as senior manager a couple of years ago) have  in just a day or two turned everything round. The players have picked up their rattles.   Relegation will now be avoided and another championship in the Town by the next AGM

MacUilin Abu

Rattles  ;D ;D ;D

gaelforce13

Usain

You seem to be taking great delight in the current setup in Ballycastle. Also a keen interest in my own clubs activities mostly the 2lads taking us from the town. If i didn't know any better I could accuse you of 'cute hurism' given we meet this Sunday😜 Your own club wasn't to kind to the lad Sean mc cormick a few years ago or Thomas from dunloy who took use the last few years. But sure now your @ the helm everything will be rosie in the garden or should I say 'hedge'😜

See ya Sunday kid Oisins abu

Usain

Gaelforce

Judging by the names mentioned above u have assumed incorrectly that I am a from carey! I am merely a disgruntled McQuillans supporter who has made my various points about Ballycastle's previous management being unfairly treated. Two of whom are now over the mountain and its a pity they weren't still in the town setup.

gaelforce13

Leyland, I spoke to 3 of your senior hurlers about this last week (one of which is a well established county hurler). I asked would they like league games on either Friday, Sat or Sun. All 3 said Saturday evening. This is the feedback I am getting from players. Are you a player yourself?

Remember when you came in here on a ball of thunder about fixtures in the local club scene?? I seem to remember you asking the same questions and voicing the same opinions on a certain social media site from your own profile?

You are far from a Ballycastle man nice try

Usain

You have completely lost me Gael. Stay off the weed man  8)

gaelforce13

You've a bad memory have a read through your posts on here maybe jig your memory. Anyway good luck on Sunday😝

Usain

Gael, I don't know who you think I am but you have got the wrong man sir! I am an interested specatator/observer of ballycastle as I grew up in the town before moving away many years ago. I am now happily coaching some underage cubs in my wifes club, not that that is any of your business  :P

Usain

Some cracking games in store this weekend. Hopefully the weather sorts itself out.

Predictions anyone?

Sarsfields v St Galls

Cdun v Gorts
St Teresa's v Glenarm

Rasharkin v Tir na nog
St Endas v Lamh Dhearg
Glenarrife v Carey

Glenravel v Davitts

theboss11

Some tough games this weekend.
For me it would be;

Sarsfields v St Galls - Sarsfields to win