Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Big scoring from Ballycastle. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2015, 10:26:58 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on May 13, 2015, 10:09:23 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on May 13, 2015, 09:55:46 PM
Armoy came from 9 points down at halftime tonight.

Straight forward enough for us V Galls tonight, plenty of goal action from Both sides. We need to tighten up at the back! Loughgiel looking good judging by tonight's result? Portaferry keep winning, Ballycran getting the wins as well. Dunloy won as I expected.

Surprised by that Armoy result as the talk was that Glenariffe were going well (I haven't seen either play though)  I see Carey got beat again, this time by 9 at home to Creggan, Creggan going well after promotion and Carey in trouble. Gortnamona beat Cloughmills 2-15 to 2-9 and are doing ritely this year after struggling last year. St Paul's off the mark with a win at home to Cushendun.

Glenariffe had two men sent off in first half

Anybody know who got the line for them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 13, 2015, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2015, 10:38:01 PM
We beat the paddies handy enough even with big magic getting a straight red early enough in the second half.
We're still not clicking, but still winning, for what its worth.

Crans are functional if unspectacular any time I've seen them recently, not marquee forward is their biggest weakness.

3 & 6 performed well for them. Lightweight up front but Rossa aren't the most physical either and cran had better movement.

I thought for sure Rossa would have won that game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Went to our game v the johnies last night. Missed the first 5-10mins with being late home from work and apparently i didnt see one the st johns lads sent off.

first half was very one sided with Dunloy being in total control. Seocnd half was much the same until for some reason we took the foot off the pedal and st johns rattled 5 scores over in a row.

overall it was a poor match, very slow paced infact. Im still not convinced the way we are playing is the right idea but for periods it works well. Sometimes the final ball lets us down into the forwards.

hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

I was at the Loughgiel v Cushendall game. Easy win for Loughgiel although Cushendall were missing quite a few, very good crowd at it too. Good to see some of our young lads doing well.

Conor Carson pulled a deliberate and cowardly stroke to try and injure, should get a bigger suspension than he will get.

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 14, 2015, 07:57:40 AM
Went to our game v the johnies last night. Missed the first 5-10mins with being late home from work and apparently i didnt see one the st johns lads sent off.

first half was very one sided with Dunloy being in total control. Seocnd half was much the same until for some reason we took the foot off the pedal and st johns rattled 5 scores over in a row.

overall it was a poor match, very slow paced infact. I'm still not convinced the way we are playing is the right idea but for periods it works well. Sometimes the final ball lets us down into the forwards.

St Johns were going through the motions I thought. Up front we weren't anywhere near fluid or purposeful enough. We need to develop confidence to go at teams in the final 3rd. Hard to know if the delivery is the problem. Most of the time I didn't see enough movement to find space so a lot of ball became 50/50, even 40/60. I don't think we found a gap once in the whole game, so movement off the ball at speed is definitely something that our boys need to work on. I'll take the win though.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: north aontroim gael link=topic=1347.msg1467507#msequally g1467507 date=143158808in 0
I was at the Loughgiel v Cushendall gamefor . Easy win for Loughgiel although Cushendall were missing quite a few, very good crowd at it too. Good to see some of our young lads doing well.

Conor Carson pulled a deliberate and cowardly stroke to try and injure, should get a bigger suspension than he will get.

Dal missing 2 McNaughtons and McManus. Loughiel didn't start 3 equally as influential players in Winker, Joey and Clyde (2 of them came on for about 5 minutes) Winker didn't come on at all.

theskull1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on May 14, 2015, 08:21:20 AM
I was at the Loughgiel v Cushendall game. Easy win for Loughgiel although Cushendall were missing quite a few, very good crowd at it too. Good to see some of our young lads doing well.

Sadly, more than likely that'll be the case. By the sounds of things (reading on here) Tony McC has benefited in that regard also?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on May 14, 2015, 10:08:55 AM

overall it was a poor match, very slow paced infact. I'm still not convinced the way we are playing is the right idea but for periods it works well. Sometimes the final ball lets us down into the forwards.

St Johns were going through the motions I thought. Up front we weren't anywhere near fluid or purposeful enough. We need to develop confidence to go at teams in the final 3rd. Hard to know if the delivery is the problem. Most of the time I didn't see enough movement to find space so a lot of ball became 50/50, even 40/60. I don't think we found a gap once in the whole game, so movement off the ball at speed is definitely something that our boys need to work on. I'll take the win though.
Thought that at times as well, the communication or game plan they had between themselves seemed to get a bit lost in the second half. The ball was played in and the forward wasnt in that space. Either its a case of the forward wasnt where they were supposed to be or the ball in was the wrong one.

Hard to tell to be honest lol
hurl like f**k boi!

TheGeneral

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 14, 2015, 10:10:00 AM
Quote from: north aontroim gael link=topic=1347.msg1467507#msequally g1467507 date=143158808in 0
I was at the Loughgiel v Cushendall gamefor . Easy win for Loughgiel although Cushendall were missing quite a few, very good crowd at it too. Good to see some of our young lads doing well.

Dal missing 2 McNaughtons and McManus. Loughiel didn't start 3 equally as influential players in Winker, Joey and Clyde (2 of them came on for about 5 minutes) Winker didn't come on at all.

Carsons slap wasn't pleasant and was a clear sending off  but , Tony handed out a Slap off the ball to Carson in and around the 15min mark that was equally a sending off offence. Which was right infront of  Mark. Yet nothing was done.

Goals win championships

hurlingstick

Tony and Sean McAfee had several altercations. Not sure how they weren't booked

btdtgtt

Players missing and yet still a bit of agro between the big 2!
Sounds like they were shadow boxing but the tensions still there!
Sets things up nicely for later in the year.

Agree players missing is irrelevant for Rossa - everyone fields under strength or tries players out in the league. The issue is for the weaker teams missing such players means there's no replacements so the effect is greater. But then isn't that the real test of a league season as opposed to championship.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 14, 2015, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 14, 2015, 10:08:55 AM

Thought that at times as well, the communication or game plan they had between themselves seemed to get a bit lost in the second half. The ball was played in and the forward wasnt in that space. Either its a case of the forward wasnt where they were supposed to be or the ball in was the wrong one.

Hard to tell to be honest lol
Our players where obviously told to hit the corners
Out corner fowards looked to be told leave space in there and move in
But they where not reacting quick enough and defenders quickly copped it and got there same time  or before us
In general our hurling is way to slow in forward thinking and execution
Bit of work to do
Still nigel and Shane Dooey to come back and paudie shivers and s Dowds can only get better
I'll probaly eat these words but come championship  I think if we perform we could matchmost teams if we speed things up
LG seem to be on it and have to be favourites
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets