Refixture: Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán, Omagh, Sunday 12th March @14:00

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Itchy on March 13, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
He will get the time. Lets leave Terry be so.

Can you explain why every week we are looking at a team with guys playing in bizarre positions. Lets take McVetty. Starts as wing forward against Dublin & Monaghan. Then moved into FF against Donegal, strange move to say the least but you could argue it worked as he won ball and scored 2 points in there. Then yesterday, with Johnstone dropped/injured, he doesn't play inside at all. Does that sound like logical reasoning. You either give a lad a go in a new position or you dont. It looks like a guy in panic stations. McKiernan from Lacken dropped from starting panel for a couple of games and gets on as a sub yesterday, Argue back last week but no sign of him this week. One things is for sure he is not showing his hand as to what he will do in the championship as I dont think he knows what he is doing. Byall accounts the fitness of  the team is poor too. My bet he will be gone after the summer. I genuinely hope he can turn it around but we are back at Donal Keoghan levels of management from what I can see.

You'll get no arguments from me that the signs are definitely worrying, all be it with the mitigating circumstances regarding missing personnel, inexperienced manager etc. Then again, none of that should be a factor in the seemingly illogical thought processes of management/chopping and changing. It does not look good right now but if we fail in the  short term by trying something new and somehow get stronger off the back of it eventually it'll be worth it. But look, none of us predict great things right now, let's just hope it settles and improves.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 13, 2017, 01:26:22 PM
How was the ref,  heard he wasn't kind to Tyrone !

Wouldn't go that far. For me I thought he'd a grand game, perhaps a bit quick to blow but no real complaints.

Was anybody on the terrace side around midfield? What happened for Petey Harte's yellow card? Looked like the Cavan man was poleaxed the way he went down. Was pretty certain Petey would see red as linesman was right on top of it.

tyroneman

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 13, 2017, 02:45:08 PM

Wouldn't go that far. For me I thought he'd a grand game, perhaps a bit quick to blow but no real complaints.

Was anybody on the terrace side around midfield? What happened for Petey Harte's yellow card? Looked like the Cavan man was poleaxed the way he went down. Was pretty certain Petey would see red as linesman was right on top of it.

Thought he was poor to be honest. Pernickety, over officious and quick to dish out the black cards to Tyrone. Did us no favours whatsoever. Couple of Cavan men could and should have got the black but offences ignored.

LeoMc

Quote from: tyroneman on March 13, 2017, 09:39:06 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 13, 2017, 02:45:08 PM

Thought he was poor to be honest. Pernickety, over officious and quick to dish out the black cards to Tyrone. Did us no favours whatsoever. Couple of Cavan men could and should have got the black but offences ignored.
Thought he was OK. Didn't have much bearing on the game. Mind you I didn't realise MvNamee got a black card. I thought he had went off injured.

mrdeeds

What Cavan player should have got a black card? And the first black card was a pure black card for body check on Mackey. Not sure what second one was given for.

tyroneman

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 13, 2017, 09:55:13 PM
What Cavan player should have got a black card? And the first black card was a pure black card for body check on Mackey. Not sure what second one was given for.

At least 2 pull downs (no cards at all) and a body check off the ball in the second half behind play as Tyrone were breaking up field, just after the McNamee black card incident.

delgany

Peter Harte barely rubbed his shoulder into cavan players shoulder .
Cavan player dived  to the ground ( much like TiernanMcCann) as if he had just been shot