So what do ye think of the black card rule now?

Started by sligoman2, April 08, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of the black card rule

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Still undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 17, 2014, 08:10:51 PM

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hardy on May 27, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 27, 2014, 10:54:35 AM
Here's one for you. We had a match on Sunday morning, and our goalie was pulled up for a quick kickout that he took to the corner back, but the corner back was inside the 13m line. (But a lot further than 13m from the kickout). He was over near the sideline.

Was the ref right? I'm not sure to be honest, because it was a kickout rather than a free.

2.7 (a) When the ball is played over the endline by
the Team attacking that end, or after a score
is made, play is restarted by a kick-out off the
ground from the 13m line and within the large
rectangle.

If the goalkeeper is not taking the kick-out, he
shall stay in the small rectangle, and all other
players, except the player taking the kick-out,
shall be outside the 20m line and 13m from
the ball, until it has been kicked.

The player taking a kick-out may kick the
ball more than once before any other player
touches it but may not take the ball into his
hands.

The ball shall travel 13m before being played
by another player of the defending team.

This bit sounds strange to me!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

To cover a miskick where the ball rolls a few feet????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

I suppose so but, by the rule, there's nothing to stop him dribbling it all they way up the field, as far as I can see (other than having it taken away from him, of course).

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on May 27, 2014, 11:44:26 AM

I suppose so but, by the rule, there's nothing to stop him dribbling it all they way up the field, as far as I can see (other than having it taken away from him, of course).

Tactical genius Hardy. Next time the juniors are stuck for a goalie I son't need to worry about getting a buck to kick it out, just get him the dribble out thefield, draw a man and lay it off. Overlap created, certain goal!!!

cornerback

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 27, 2014, 04:33:05 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 27, 2014, 11:44:26 AM

Tactical genius Hardy. Next time the juniors are stuck for a goalie I son't need to worry about getting a buck to kick it out, just get him the dribble out thefield, draw a man and lay it off. Overlap created, certain goal!!!

Keep up boys:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19181.msg956649#msg956649
I'd also love to see from a kick-out, a keeper kick the ball more than once before another player touches it or even dribble the ball out to hear the reactions in the crowd... its perfectly legal so long as they don't lift the ball.

PAULD123

Quote from: Hardy on May 27, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
...The player taking a kick-out may kick the
ball more than once before any other player
touches it but may not take the ball into his
hands.

The ball shall travel 13m before being played
by another player of the defending team.

I would love to see a goalie decide to soccer the ball off the tee and dribble out until a few opposition players were drawn in. He could then kick it to whatever defender was free. But it would be far too high risk as the attackers can pick it up but he can't. I wonder how far he woudl get before anyone caught on.

Niall Morgan could be the man for it he loves soloing out from goals for Tyrone

Rossfan

How many Refs would give an free against him I wonder??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ball Hopper

A possible solution to help the ref:

Have the black card printed with the offences.  Ref must consult the card on every foul and tell the player which offence has been committed as he shows the black card.  The ref can also just put the card away after reading it if a black card offence has not been committed.

Is this all there is to print?

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

Lecale2

Panic in Croke Park.

Refs summoned to emergency meeting
27 May 2014

The GAA's top football referees have been asked to attend an emergency meeting in Croke Park tomorrow night.

The move comes after the game's leading match officials have found themselves at the centre of a number of high-profile controversies in the opening two weekends of the championship.

The Ulster SFC in particular has been blighted by inconsistent refereeing, with incorrect handling of both the black-card and advantage rules evident in the three matches played so far.

The GAA opted to put its most prominent refs into the spotlight first, confident that the likes of David Coldrick, Joe McQuillan and Cormac Reilly would lay down markers for the summer.

But they have failed to do so and the 16-strong championship referees panel will all attend the extraordinary meeting in GAA HQ on Wednesday night, where they will again be briefed on the correct application of the new rules.

PAULD123

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 28, 2014, 05:33:20 AM
A possible solution to help the ref:

Have the black card printed with the offences.  Ref must consult the card on every foul and tell the player which offence has been committed as he shows the black card.  The ref can also just put the card away after reading it if a black card offence has not been committed.

Is this all there is to print?

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

I don't think you need to write those down. I think it isn't that hard to remember, simply a two tier offence:
  • If you give guff to anyone
  • If you trip, rugby tackle or barge someone
Is that really difficult to remember?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 28, 2014, 07:48:43 AM
Panic in Croke Park.

Refs summoned to emergency meeting
27 May 2014

The GAA's top football referees have been asked to attend an emergency meeting in Croke Park tomorrow night.

The move comes after the game's leading match officials have found themselves at the centre of a number of high-profile controversies in the opening two weekends of the championship.

The Ulster SFC in particular has been blighted by inconsistent refereeing, with incorrect handling of both the black-card and advantage rules evident in the three matches played so far.

The GAA opted to put its most prominent refs into the spotlight first, confident that the likes of David Coldrick, Joe McQuillan and Cormac Reilly would lay down markers for the summer.

But they have failed to do so and the 16-strong championship referees panel will all attend the extraordinary meeting in GAA HQ on Wednesday night, where they will again be briefed on the correct application of the new rules.

refs have been the problem all along, didn't implement the rules before, and are not implementing the new ones either. Refs are not doing their jobs for a long time, and remember they are the ones getting paid, which is more than the players.

blewuporstuffed

I doubt any of them are doing it for the high salary  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lecale2

Knock Yer Mucker In

lads don't get carried away by the paid bit, did it for a laugh, so don't let the thread get side tracked. But I stand over my main point. The refs are and have been the problem

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2014, 06:21:25 PM
How many Refs would give an free against him I wonder??

Most would make them take it again or give a free against I reckon.