Nutjob on shooting spree in Cumbria

Started by Franko, June 02, 2010, 01:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Shocking stuff. I actually feel sorry for the man, he must have been in an awful mental state. One of his victims was his twin brother. Very sad.

haranguerer

I agree doogie, some of the reporting of late borders on voyeurism. E.g. - UTV showed some lad who had tried to help your man Bobby Moffet, he started to cry on camera; the camera stayed on him, while the female reporter didnt say anything for about 10 seconds, then it was 'clearly its distressed you', obviously trying to entice more tears. In the past, that would have been straight back to studio, or the reporter would have did a piece to camera.

One of the channels also went into moffets mothers house, yuo can imagine what that was like. Asking leading questions, then passing them off as though they were statements the mother had come out with, when she was too upset to know what was going on.

clarshack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7802041/Cumbria-shootings-Derrick-Bird-his-twin-and-the-60000-tax-inquiry.html

he had £60,000 in the bank but had financial difficulties? doesnt add up...

also he seems to have been popular/sociable and not the loner/weirdo as usually made out in these type of cases.

stew

Quote from: Down South on June 02, 2010, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 02, 2010, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 02, 2010, 08:24:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 02, 2010, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 02, 2010, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: Down South on June 02, 2010, 07:13:54 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 02, 2010, 03:40:52 PM
Shock and horror will soon be followed by text jokes...

Is it too early to post them yet?

As long as they are allowed on the Israel/Gaza flotilla thread.
Maybe the three of you could pm each other your funny jokes if yous want to act like scumbags

Where are these jokes that were posted Pints? You seem to have missed my point.
I see your point now, apologies.
I'd read it like you were the dying to post some like the other two.

Its called black humour pints, but then again humour doesnt seem to be something you would know much about.

Balls, it is classless and repugnant.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zapatista

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday saying he knew the killer. He said - this is completely out of character ???

longrunsthefox

Maybe the three of you could pm each other your funny jokes if yous want to act like scumbags

You need to wind your neck in pintsize. I made a observation that these tragedies begin with handwringing followed by joke text messages. I hadn't plan to make any. Heard them all years ago when Michael Ryan massacred a load of people in Hungerford.
Are you still huffing because I made a joke about your hero Michael Jackson when he died. That was hardly a tragedy tho.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 05, 2010, 02:44:49 PM

You need to wind your neck in pintsize. I made a observation that these tragedies begin with handwringing followed by joke text messages. I hadn't plan to make any. Heard them all years ago when Michael Ryan massacred a load of people in Hungerford.
Are you still huffing because I made a joke about your hero Michael Jackson when he died. That was hardly a tragedy tho.

no particular love for Jackson, I just don't like scumbags who think they're big men by making jokes about a death.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 05, 2010, 02:44:49 PM

no particular love for Jackson, I just don't like scumbags who think they're big men by making jokes about a death.

as I said I hadn't planned to tho I don't think it makes them 'scumbags' especaiily were Jackson was concerned.

illdecide

Just found out today that the nutcase that done the shooting has two sons and one of them work for my Uncle and that my aunt was close by when the woman was shot dead in Egremont.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

On a not completely unrelated note the Florence Iron Ore Mine in Egremont is worth a visit. Probably in the top 5 of all the mines I've ever been down...

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 06, 2010, 12:05:11 AM
On a not completely unrelated note the Florence Iron Ore Mine in Egremont is worth a visit. Probably in the top 5 of all the mines I've ever been down...

Pity you never stayed down it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 06, 2010, 12:05:11 AM

Pity you never stayed down it.
It was good but not that good. Now, Tara or Lisheen...

Down South

Quote from: stew on June 05, 2010, 01:17:59 PM

Its called black humour pints, but then again humour doesnt seem to be something you would know much about.

"Writing that juxtaposes morbid or ghastly elements with comical ones that underscore the senselessness or futility of life. Black humour often uses farce and low comedy to make clear that individuals are helpless victims of fate and character."

Speaking of classless and repugnant Stew, will you go to Casement* this afternoon, or a bit like the other Armagh mouthpiece on the board, prefer the safety and comfort of your armchair.  ::)

* Casement Park is a GAA ground in West Belfast Stew. Just to save you and google the bother.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Down South on June 06, 2010, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: stew on June 05, 2010, 01:17:59 PM

"Writing that juxtaposes morbid or ghastly elements with comical ones that underscore the senselessness or futility of life. Black humour often uses farce and low comedy to make clear that individuals are helpless victims of fate and character."

Speaking of classless and repugnant Stew, will you go to Casement* this afternoon, or a bit like the other Armagh mouthpiece on the board, prefer the safety and comfort of your armchair.  ::)

* Casement Park is a GAA ground in West Belfast Stew. Just to save you and google the bother.

Casement park might be a bit of a journey for stew  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Down South

But like your good self he`ll be on here morning noon and night. Yoursef and Stew and a few others remind me of these deluded fans of English football teams that you meet in the pub. They talk about "us" and "we" like they have some connection to the team, but they never actually go to games. Armchair fans, sure you see more on the telly.
Nice to see you are on the board to answer any topic pints, nothing gets past you.  :D