Why is it ............?

Started by Arthur, August 21, 2008, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: under the bar on August 22, 2008, 02:18:23 PM
QuoteWhy is it the days I work from home

No such thing as woeking from home.  When you are home you don't work, just like when you are in work you don't sit on your ar$e watching Sky (unless you are a barman)

::) ::) If you have responsibilities and deadlines you work, if you don't you'll soon be taken to task.

under the bar

QuoteIf you have responsibilities and deadlines you work

In my experience the ppl working from home have usually already the job done before leaving work and then say they'll 'finish it off at home'.  Don't kid me that you put in an 8 hour day at home.  1-2 hours tops.   Working from home should receive half pay since there's less than half the work done.   

We put it to the test when we asked a manager who was working from home the following day to leave what he was doing and work on a one-day assignment from home, probably a good 6 hours work,  to be handed in the following morning.   

Believe it or not he opted to come into work the next day instead!

Puckoon

Quote from: Zapatista on August 22, 2008, 12:24:30 PM
Why is it if you are a doctor, lawyer or dentist you run a practice and if you are a grocer, fish monger or butcher you run a business/shop?

Because you practise medicine/dentistry/law

where as you sell fish, groceries or meat.

Arthur

Quote from: under the bar on August 22, 2008, 02:39:19 PM
QuoteIf you have responsibilities and deadlines you work

In my experience the ppl working from home have usually already the job done before leaving work and then say they'll 'finish it off at home'.  Don't kid me that you put in an 8 hour day at home.  1-2 hours tops.   Working from home should receive half pay since there's less than half the work done.   

We put it to the test when we asked a manager who was working from home the following day to leave what he was doing and work on a one-day assignment from home, probably a good 6 hours work,  to be handed in the following morning.   

Believe it or not he opted to come into work the next day instead!

You must have one cushey job - I worked 14hrs from hom yesterday - probably why i'm all done today.  ::)

Rois

I'm with you Arthur, I've done a good few days working from home and you get 100% concentration there, rather than being interrupted by phones, people etc at work.  My work is trying to encourage people to do it where they can.

It's all about trusting people to get the work done - if there's no trust, then both will agree you're in the wrong job!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on August 22, 2008, 09:17:01 AM
Why is it that after masturbation, there is always a hint of guilt for a couple of seconds, and you say to yourself, i have to stop this oul carry on, but never do??
;D
Funny because it's true   :D :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Why is there no graceful way to eat a peach/pear.

downgirl

Quote from: Puckoon on August 22, 2008, 05:14:39 PM

Or corn on the cob with butter!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 22, 2008, 04:54:09 PM
Why is it that after masturbation, there is always a hint of guilt for a couple of seconds, and you say to yourself, i have to stop this oul carry on, but never do??
;D
What? I dont get that.

Hey Arthur, now that it's confirmed, welcome back  ;)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Doogie Browser

...pints always taste better on a Sunday, they must add something into them after a sat night because you can never get enough on a Sunday session.

fred the red

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 22, 2008, 09:54:20 PM
...pints always taste better on a Sunday, they must add something into them after a sat night because you can never get enough on a Sunday session.

great call!

AFS

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 22, 2008, 04:54:09 PM
;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

pintsofguinness

Why are the mentally unhinged posters on this board drawn to me?  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 23, 2008, 06:56:51 PM
Why are the mentally unhinged posters on this board drawn to me?  :-\

Like flies around shit
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Puckoon on August 22, 2008, 05:14:39 PM
Peaches and pears are easy peasy. What about a kebab?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi