Why is it ............?

Started by Arthur, August 21, 2008, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on August 21, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
Why is that everyday whether travelling to and from work I have to get stuck behind a feckin tractor?  >:(

you probably live in the countryside where there is a higher ratio of said vehicles

mouview

... there's no suh thing as 'minor' road works ahead?

Uladh

Quote from: Arthur on August 21, 2008, 07:45:23 PM
Why is it that driving at 20mph behind a learner driver is often irritating but when you happen upon one doing a 3 point turn, you are happy to sit patiently back and let them get on with it?

Can' say that applies to me

Why is it that triangle sandwiches, with the same filling as a rectangle sandwich, always taste much much nicer?

nope all the same

Why is it in a sunny day you go to work with a spring in your step, yet on bad days you don't want to go.  When in reality on a sunny day you would rather be at home and on a bad day you may as well be in work?

weather doesn't make abuton of difference

Lar Naparka

Why is it that every time you put something away in a safe place, you can remember the item alright but you forget where the bloody safe place is?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Longshanks

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 22, 2008, 11:31:29 AM
Why is it that every time you put something away in a safe place, you can remember the item alright but you forget where the bloody safe place is?

Its called getting old, I rememeber it happening to my folks and now it happens to me :'(

Zapatista

Why is it if you are a doctor, lawyer or dentist you run a practice and if you are a grocer, fish monger or butcher you run a business/shop?

Hardy

Why is it that when you reach a certain age (not that old) you can't stoop down to pick something up without going "AAAAhhhhhh...."?

Why are all majorities "vast"?

Why do people say "the reality is"? Can you think of a sentence that wouldn't mean exactly the same with that phrase removed? And why do all these realities take place "at the end of the day"? What are people doing for the rest of the day?

Why do all dog owners insist their dog "wouldn't touch you", while he's trying to chew your foot off?

Why are economists, who predict on TV that house prices have stopped falling get invited back a month later when prices have fallen another 15% to be asked their opinion on what will happen to house prices?

What is Tommy Lyons for?

Hound

Why is it that we are all now expert boxing analysts?

Arthur

Wys is it that we Irish radio stations ALWAYS tell us about Sunderland now, like we care!

Hardy

Why was Sunderland's name changed to Roykeanesunderland?

Treasurer

Why is it that haemorrhoids aren't called asteroids?

Hardy

Zapatista

Why is it that Irish fairys are bad but all other fairys are good?

Arthur

Why is it the days I work from home I never get a minute, and when I come into the office I have bog all to do!

under the bar

QuoteWhy is it the days I work from home

No such thing as woeking from home.  When you are home you don't work, just like when you are in work you don't sit on your ar$e watching Sky (unless you are a barman)