OWC Challenge - count the Kaflicks!

Started by Donagh, January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Donagh, since the discussion about the new rules started up yesterday I reckon we have had a record number of rule breaks!!!

If you think a rule has been broken you need to report it along with the rule number.

Cant see you getting far with that one though  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

QuoteIts a pity we couldnt get the boul Sean on this here baord to here what he has to say about Neil Lennon, about GSTQ, about the UJ. Does he actually sing along with GSTQ? Does he face the UJ? Wonder does he ever go to gaelic matches? Would he prefer hurling or football? Would he support England against the ROI? Did any of his anscestors fight in the civil war? Ah sure we'll probably never know.

Good point Orior, he may not be the right sort of catholic. We should probably get them to register this sort of information, and then we can work out how many of the real ones are about ;)

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Orior on January 31, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
Its a pity we couldnt get the boul Sean on this here baord to here what he has to say about Neil Lennon

At a wild guess, I'd say he's deplore the abuse a minority of his fellow fans gave to Lennon and greatly deplore that some unknown person(s) caused NL to retire from NI duty, but appreciate the kind words which Lennon has much more recemtly had for the NI fans.

Its a pity we couldnt get the boul Sean on this here baord to here what he has to say about... GSTQ. Does he actually sing along with GSTQ?

No idea, but if he's anything like me, he'll pretty much ignore what is, after all, only 90 seconds before the main event has even started, during which I'm often downstairs in the bogs, having a last minute pee. Doubt if he sings along - sure half the team don't bother, so it's not as if it's compulsory or anything.  Anyway, ike me I'd guess he would prefer to see it replaced with something else peculiarly Norn Iron

Its a pity we couldnt get the boul Sean on this here baord to here what he has to say about... the UJ. Does he face the UJ?

Why would he have anything to say about the UJ, never mind "face it"? They don't fly it at NI matches... ???

Wonder does he ever go to gaelic matches? Would he prefer hurling or football?

No idea. It's possible, but as I understand it, Enniskillen may be more of a soccer town than a Gaelic football town and Hurling is not much played. Still highly possible, I suppose, especially since soccer doesn't impose any ban on its followers taking an interest in non-Garrison games.  And it's not Fintona after all ;)

Would he support England against the ROI?

Unlikely. Unless he had a bet on them, perhaps?

Did any of his anscestors fight in the civil war? Ah sure we'll probably never know.

You're right, probably none of us will ever know. And at least one of us won't give a flying f**k, either.  ;)

Kyle Laverty is an interesting case. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but when Celtic interest grew, he became less intersted in a move and committed himself to Burnley. Its a pity cause i would have liked to have heard the reception he gets in windsor if after scoring the winner for Celtic against Rangers on a Saturday, and then running our for the wee statelet a few days later.

I think you are reading too much into it. In fact, I think you may be reading it in a language that you've not ever studied, tbh. You see, as I was so carefully corrected on this very point on another thread, when Celtic first expressed an interest in him a year ago, he expressed concern that there might be a reaction from some fans, though he stated quite clearly that it would be an "honour" for him to play for so prestigious a club as Celtic. Yet when the subject re-emrged in the Summer and again this last few days, he no longer made any mention of any fans' reaction, but if anything was more enthusiastic at a potential move.  And if he is more tied than ever to Burnley, that is only because they are determined to keep him, even in the face of a late counter-bid from, ahem, Glasgow Rangers...

So you look likely to have to wait a while longer to hear what reception he gets at Windsor following your scenario. Why don't you hold your breath?

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Orior

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 06:30:59 PM
At a wild guess, I'd say he's deplore the abuse a minority of his fellow fans gave to Lennon and greatly deplore that some unknown person(s) caused NL to retire from NI duty, but appreciate the kind words which Lennon has much more recemtly had for the NI fans.

Fair enough. Now how about the tame domesticated guess?

No idea, but if he's anything like me, he'll pretty much ignore what is, after all, only 90 seconds before the main event has even started, during which I'm often downstairs in the bogs, having a last minute pee. Doubt if he sings along - sure half the team don't bother, so it's not as if it's compulsory or anything.  Anyway, ike me I'd guess he would prefer to see it replaced with something else peculiarly Norn Iron

Thats too much information chief. Also, you are missing half the fun of it all when owc intimidate the opposition with their steadfast loyalty to the british empire/england. It certainly scares the pants of me. Is your toilet free?

Why would he have anything to say about the UJ, never mind "face it"? They don't fly it at NI matches... ???

Well, the tricolour clearly represents owc being one third of the flag. And in light of the GFA would he not rather see all residents represented? Or is it only owc fans who need represented?

No idea. It's possible, but as I understand it, Enniskillen may be more of a soccer town than a Gaelic football town and Hurling is not much played. Still highly possible, I suppose, especially since soccer doesn't impose any ban on its followers taking an interest in non-Garrison games.  And it's not Fintona after all ;)

Spose.

Unlikely. Unless he had a bet on them, perhaps?

You're right, probably none of us will ever know. And at least one of us won't give a flying f**k, either.  ;)

Language!

I think you are reading too much into it. In fact, I think you may be reading it in a language that you've not ever studied, tbh. You see, as I was so carefully corrected on this very point on another thread, when Celtic first expressed an interest in him a year ago, he expressed concern that there might be a reaction from some fans, though he stated quite clearly that it would be an "honour" for him to play for so prestigious a club as Celtic. Yet when the subject re-emrged in the Summer and again this last few days, he no longer made any mention of any fans' reaction, but if anything was more enthusiastic at a potential move.  And if he is more tied than ever to Burnley, that is only because they are determined to keep him, even in the face of a late counter-bid from, ahem, Glasgow Rangers...

Didnt realise it was discussed already.

So you look likely to have to wait a while longer to hear what reception he gets at Windsor following your scenario. Why don't you hold your breath?

I am. Can someone call 999?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

In the spirit of fair play we should count the number of prods at the ROI game.
They will be anyone without ashes (i suppose we should allow for a % muslim, hindu etc as well) as all catholics will have theirs on to midnight.

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on January 31, 2008, 03:21:50 PM
Quote from: Fluffy Che on January 31, 2008, 02:13:19 PM
There'll be a guy at the gate with a sponge..

No way, no self respecting Catholic would clean their ashes off.

There is no such thing as a self respecting Catholic. We are all very humble.

his holiness nb

All this talk about counting guys with ashes, what if it rains?  :o

Or for the ROI game you also have to allow for Meath lads, they have dirty heads no matter what religion  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

As an aside folks, I recently (over)heard two eight-year-olds (males) discussing their recent attendance at 'Catholic classes' in preparation for Holy Communion.  I believe these 'classes' have become more common in the last few years, because so few of the parents bring them to mass regularly.  Anyhow, I digress.  One says to the other "I see you've begun Catholic classes recently".  The Other replies "I have, it's pretty boring".  "Yes", replies the First, "All they talk about is God, God, God, God, God!"

True story.  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: nifan on February 01, 2008, 10:07:01 AM
In the spirit of fair play we should count the number of prods at the ROI game.
They will be anyone without ashes (i suppose we should allow for a % muslim, hindu etc as well) as all catholics will have theirs on to midnight.

All true Catholics, ni fen
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Chrisowc

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 31, 2008, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 04:11:15 PM
[unless you are afraid I was going to use the old Connolly House tricks

Somebody isnt paying attention to the catchphrase / buzzwords thread  ;)

A few years ago in work we had a young guy from East Belfast who I don't think had crossed the Lagan in his puff.  It was Ash Wednesday and one of the women in work had ash on her head.

This boy, thinking he was being polite and helpful, told her that she had dirt on her head.  All hell broke loose.  Thats discrimination!!!! she squeeled.  Thankfully he beat me to it and I had said nothing :D

I'd say the same girl had a hotline to Connolly House.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 01, 2008, 06:13:16 PM
A few years ago in work we had a young guy from East Belfast who I don't think had crossed the Lagan in his puff.  It was Ash Wednesday and one of the women in work had ash on her head.

This boy, thinking he was being polite and helpful, told her that she had dirt on her head.  All hell broke loose.  Thats discrimination!!!! she squeeled.  Thankfully he beat me to it and I had said nothing :D

I'd say the same girl had a hotline to Connolly House.

I remember a (Prod) mate of mine at College pulled a good one one Ash Wednesday. He went into the student bar at lunchtime, where he sat down and chatted with several groups of people. Mid-conversation, he'd suddenly say to one of the Prods in the group: "You've got something on your forehead" and go to dab it off for them with his finger. What they didn't know was that he'd just dipped his finger in his cigarette ash, and was actually dabbing it on!

Some of his "victims" went around all day with it on before they realised why everyone was grinning at them all the time.  :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Doogie Browser

I remember a (Prod) mate of mine at College
[/quote]

Oh aye EG, Next thing you will be saying is, 'sure some of my best mates are prods'!!  :P

saffron sam2

Was there not a NI game at Windsor on either last Ash Wednesday or the one before?  Something about a particular poster and "Sash Wednesday" and a song called "The Ash My Father Wore" is niggling away in the back of my mind.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

theres been games on ash wednesday 2 times in recent years sam

i honestly dont know what the rest of your post is about?
Dont think theres been any bother associated with it, apart from the first one there was some "back and forth" between some ni fans leaving the union, and some leaving the chaplaincy and going into the union.