Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Divorce man 'wants kidney back'

A US man divorcing his wife is demanding that she return the kidney he donated to her or pay him $1.5m (£1m) in compensation.

Dr Richard Batista told reporters that he decided to go public because he was frustrated at the slow pace of divorce negotiations with his estranged wife.

He said he had not only given his heart to his wife, Dawnell, but donated his kidney to save her life.

But divorce lawyers say a donated organ is not a marital asset to be divided.

Dr Batista married Dawnell in 1990 and donated the kidney to her in 2001. She filed for divorce in 2005 and a settlement has still not been reached.

'Betrayal'

He told reporters at his lawyer's office in Long Island, New York, that going public was a last resort.

I felt humiliated, betrayed, disrespected and disregarded

Dr Richard Batista
"There is no deeper pain that you can ever express than betrayal from somebody who you love and devoted your life to," he said.

He said he had been prevented from seeing their three children for extended periods.

"I felt humiliated, betrayed, disrespected and disregarded for me as a person, as a man, as a husband, as a father."

Dr Batista's lawyer, Dominic Barbara, said his client was "asking for the value of the kidney" that he gave his wife.

A lawyer for Mrs Batista said: "The facts aren't as represented by Dr Batista. We will be addressing the issues before the judge within the next few days."

From the BBC

Only in America
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Just seen Iggy Pop advertising Insurance on the telly-box.
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 09, 2009, 03:13:49 PM
When I was in Melbourne last week watching the news on the telly, the newsreader introduced a report saying that "International Partygirl Paris Hilton turned heads and brought glamour to Bondi Beach today..." when at that moment, for the first time in my life at a news report I said out loud "AH F**K OFF!" and immediately changed the channel...  >:(

You are getting old.  When you are as old as me, swearing at news reports comes like second nature  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

There's this woman I meet through work, she's always telling me what a nice accent I have, nicest she ever heard blah blah, I think she fancies me, but anyway about 6 months ago she had a boob job! She was telling everyone for weeks she was getting one, I thought she was joking! Then she went on a weeks holiday and came back, and I discovered she wasnt joking, when she was demonstrating how they didn't move even when she shook them  :-[  :-[  :-[
Anyway, today she told me she'd got engaged and she was deadly serious when she followed it up with "well he paid for my boobs, so why not"  :o

Who says love is dead!
(The boobs were 4 grand)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

maddog

Was queuing at the car parking meter the other day in a multi storey, a group of 3 chavettes about 18 odd were paying for their parking and i notice one of them dropped a tenner on the floor right tight to the machine. So i gave it a few seconds to see if she was picking it up, but she happily took her ticket from the machine and walked away leaving the tenner on the floor. So i said "excuse you me you have dropped some money", so she picked it up and without even looking in my direction walked off.
I'll think twice the next time..........

ONeill

2 homosexuals beeped their horn at me in Co Antrim today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on January 13, 2009, 08:14:03 PM
2 homosexuals beeped their horn at me in Co Antrim today.

How'd you know they were homosexual?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

They were in a shop before me and were talking the way those lads talk with the lisp and hand movements and smiling at each other and chatting about colours and Kate Winslett's dress.

ziggysego

Did you feel confused when they beeped the horn at you?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Felt a wee bit scared. Was walking down a dark country road and the car they'd got into zoomed past with 2 beeps. If anyone I'd noticed in a shop who I didn't know beeped the horn at me on a dark country road immediately after I'd be slightly afeared. Luckily I keep a knife down my sock.

Probably didn't help that I was wearing pink lip balm.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Gabriel_Hurl

On American Idol last night - there was a blind contestant who managed to get through.

When he came outside to meet with his family and celebrate, the host went to high five him - then realised after a few seconds that it probably wasn't the best idea - then lowered his hand

it's towards the end of the video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ujT5rMJ6IX8