Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/luas-driver-refused-route-because-it-was-too-close-to-end-of-shift-1.3204703

Luas driver refused route because it was too close to end of shift
WRC hears operator refused to drive because route due in one minute before end of shift
Darragh McDonagh

A Luas driver came close to losing his job after refusing to operate a tram that was due to arrive at its destination shortly before his shift ended.
The Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) heard that on November 11th last the tram was scheduled to leave the Red Cow stop at 8.31pm and travel to the city centre before returning at 9.59pm – one minute before the end of the driver's shift.
An adjudication hearing was told that the driver was concerned that "the least little delay" would result in him overrunning the end of his shift, and "this was something he was anxious to avoid".
No particular reason was given for his determination to avoid overrunning the end of his shift, other than "general inconvenience," WRC officer Penelope McGrath noted.
The 8.31pm service did not run as a result of the standoff and a subsequent disciplinary process found that the driver's refusal to perform duties specified in his job description had constituted gross misconduct.
His employer did not accept that the driver had an option not to do this task "simply because it ran a little close to the end of his shift"; and said that he should be available for the entirety of his shift, and "not just the parts he chose".
Gross misconduct could have resulted in summary dismissal but the employer instead chose to impose a lesser sanction of a 12-month warning letter.

Unblemished record
A dispute arose between the driver and his employer concerning the severity of this sanction, and the matter was referred to the WRC.
In his submission, the driver asked that his previously unblemished record since the commencement of his employment in 2004 be taken into consideration.
His employer made the point that the driver's conduct had constituted gross misconduct and that leniency had already been shown by not dismissing him outright.
It was also noted that the driver's team leader had told him that he could leave the city centre terminus five minutes early to ensure that he got back to the Red Cow Station with time to spare before the end of his shift. However, this had not resolved the situation.
In her decision, Ms McGrath said she was satisfied that the driver had refused to perform a function which was "well within his employer's rights" to ask him to perform.
"On balance, I would accept that the claimant was exposed to being dismissed for his conduct and that the employer did indeed apply leniency by giving him the lesser sanction of the 12-month warning letter," she stated.
She recommended that there be no change to the disciplinary sanction already imposed.

Thankfully yer one from the WRC had a bit of sense and told this knobhead to f**k off.  Maybe Arlene was right about the crocodile thing.

Targetman

Today FM advertising the ultimate Santa experience, like feck sake!!

Orior

Parrot reading this very thread on GAA Board

Parrot link
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

Ethan Tremblay

Just seen that lmao.  Holy fcuk how do you even try and explain that rationally!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

quit yo jibbajabba

has shit. that's ok.
shit doesn't flush. worse things have happened missus, don't panic
lifts shit from toilet. that's really not ok. I told ye not to panic ffs
tries to throw shit out a window. again. not ok. would ye calm yerself down woman and think about what yer doin.
climbs into window to retrieve stuck shit. what could possibly go wrong.
gets stuck. that's what could go wrong
firemen called. you deserved that tbh

Ethan Tremblay

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

HiMucker

armaghniac

Quote from: HiMucker on September 06, 2017, 12:23:12 PM
I really feel for the poo girl

What about the lad waiting for the court and yer one just says I'm off to the bathroom?
I wonder how the relationship is going?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haveaharp

that song from reservoir dogs

Stuck in the middle with poo........

johnneycool

Danske Bank ATM's dolling out the cash yesterday evening. Near riots at the Springfield road ATM..

armaghniac

Quote from: johnneycool on September 07, 2017, 10:38:25 AM
Danske Bank ATM's dollihttp://gaaboard.com/board/Themes/default/images/bbc/code.gifng out the cash yesterday evening. Near riots at the Springfield road ATM..

They'll just change the colour of the banknotes and render the old ones useless.

Boycey

Over the Bar

Quote from: armaghniac on September 07, 2017, 10:57:13 AM
Danske Bank ATM's dollihttp://gaaboard.com/board/Themes/default/images/bbc/code.gifng out the cash yesterday evening. Near riots at the Springfield road ATM..

They'll just change the colour of the banknotes and render the old ones useless.

A bank  cannot decide to render legal tender useless cause they've fcuked up.   That's why it's called legal tender...they've an obligation to accept it!

armaghniac

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 07, 2017, 10:56:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 07, 2017, 10:57:13 AM

A bank  cannot decide to render legal tender useless cause they've fcuked up.   That's why it's called legal tender...they've an obligation to accept it!

Northern Ireland banknotes are not legal tender and they did change the colour of Northern Bank notes after a SF fund raising a decade ago.