Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Carl's body language is terrible. He looks lost.

An Watcher

screenexile

Quote from: An Watcher on November 18, 2017, 11:37:40 PM
Dodgy decision?

The knockdown was yeah. No doubt he won the fight!!

An Watcher

Didn't see it, just read this on BBC
All three possible outcomes are on the table here. This could go either way, with a draw not out of the question. My gut says that Garcia has caused an upset, but will home advantage sway the judges?

imtommygunn

I thought the judges were a bit generous to him. 4 points these boys are saying they reckoned. 5 or 6 a bit much.

Milltown Row2

No home decision but that was closer than the judges gave it! Carl went to pot after 4/5 rounds and it became and tight fight! I'd watched a few clips of the guy before tonight so never thought it be as easy as 1/100 .. but first couple Carl looked too good, but to be honest Carl looked gassed the last couple.. fitness needs to improve
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Frampton clearly won but a much tougher fight than it should have been. Really begs the question as to what's left.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on November 19, 2017, 02:24:18 AM
Frampton clearly won but a much tougher fight than it should have been. Really begs the question as to what's left.

Whole training regime has changed this won't be an easy transition from what he had to now! Would need to pick a couple of easier fights if I'm honest before even thinking about Selby or anyone else! He's 30 now been hard at it since he was a young lad and finding it very difficult to make weight, Garcia was a bigger unit than Carl and once he got through the first 4 rounds he was sticking around!

How the ref seen that as a knockdown is beyond me, that's what made it tighter, unless the judges disregarded that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Frampton said according to rules it should count as knockdown as he was hit after he slipped...

Milltown Row2

Well yes, but would have been very harsh had that have cost him the fight!

Bunce who I'd listen to on his fight knowledge was spot on today on 5 live, tiredness new team (promotion management trainer) plus the split with Barry was emotional, certainly from all the information that I was getting from the family, glad that things have been smooth in that respect!

Carl's not going to be pulling up trees at this stage, was told his sparing has completely changed from before and prep totally different. I suppose at this stage you can't go hammer and tongs at it.. get a few more pay days and a title fight would be plenty for him to retire, be a commentator/pundit and enjoy his hard work

Gabriel_Hurl

Haye pulls out of the Bellew fight

square_ball

That must be Haye finished at this stage.

Atticus_Finch

Barry McGuigan and Cyclone promotions have launched legal proceedings against Carl Frampton in relation to their split earlier this year.

A statement released by Frampton's legal representative, John Finucane read:

"Mr Frampton is deeply disappointed that Cyclone Promotions have decided to initiate legal action against him, however he will not only defend this action rigorously but can confirm he will be counter claiming on a number of grounds.

"Mr Frampton is confident that this process will vindicate his position and reputation, and looks forward to engaging fully in this process to present all aspects of this claim before the court.

"Therefore it would be inappropriate to issue any further comment at this time."

Bold move by Barry here, one that I think they will later regret. Boxers from here operate in a pretty tight knit circle. Not too many fighters will want to be doing business with them again.

In hindsight I think the prospect of a potential legal battle with the McGuigans was a major factor in Carl signing with Frank Warren, he's not a bad man to have in your corner when it comes to a legal dispute he has a bit of experience over the years.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Sad state of affairs and there will be plenty coming out of this that won't look good for Barry and family, Carl sought legal advice in this before changing management..

BennyHarp

This is very sad. I seem to remember Barry saying one of biggest regrets in life was standing in court opposite Barney Eastwood, yet here he is again. Clearly irreconcilable differences here but nobody wins if this goes to court.
That was never a square ball!!