Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 471070 times)

AZOffaly

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #10755 on: November 15, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
Outside 'Bama at #1 it's too hard to predict but
Winner of Miami/Clemson will get in
Oklahoma should get in
Then its a toss up with a lot of if's

If the Tide play anything like they did at Miss State they値l be creamed travelling to Jordan-Hare.

I want to see what the committee will do with a one loss non-SEC champion Tide. A few years ago LSU beat them and won the SEC title but still got in to the national title game under the old system, winning the title.

Can they be a one loss champion though? If Auburn beats them, will Auburn not win the West? And if they lose to Georgia they'll obviously not be champion.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:03 PM »
Outside 'Bama at #1 it's too hard to predict but
Winner of Miami/Clemson will get in
Oklahoma should get in
Then its a toss up with a lot of if's

If the Tide play anything like they did at Miss State they値l be creamed travelling to Jordan-Hare.

I want to see what the committee will do with a one loss non-SEC champion Tide. A few years ago LSU beat them and won the SEC title but still got in to the national title game under the old system, winning the title.

Can they be a one loss champion though? If Auburn beats them, will Auburn not win the West? And if they lose to Georgia they'll obviously not be champion.

I mean Bama would be a one-loss team and not the SEC champions - Auburn wins out they win the SEC West, same goes for Bama.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:25 AM »
Ah yes, I read that wrong. I thought you said you wanted to see what they'd do with a one loss SEC champion. That's what I meant by carnage. If Auburn wins the SEC, Alabama will still be in with one loss I bet.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: November 16, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »
Also - forgot to mention that the game changing challenge that Fox made had a huge impact. I think Fox and co deserve a good bit of credit for turning around the Bears, especially on defence, but that was a crazy decision to challenge. The ball was on the 1 yard line for 1st and goal and you have Jordan Howard.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: November 16, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »
Also - forgot to mention that the game changing challenge that Fox made had a huge impact. I think Fox and co deserve a good bit of credit for turning around the Bears, especially on defence, but that was a crazy decision to challenge. The ball was on the 1 yard line for 1st and goal and you have Jordan Howard.

Yup but I do have some sympathy for him on that -I'm still not convinced he fumbled it until afterwards
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: November 16, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
Is a 12-28 record what passes for turning it around in Chicago? Fox, like Jeff Fisher before him, is one of the coaches I知 continually amazed stays employed.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: November 16, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »
Is a 12-28 record what passes for turning it around in Chicago? Fox, like Jeff Fisher before him, is one of the coaches I知 continually amazed stays employed.

They're a much better team with a good defence this season. That's progress. To suggest otherwise is bull. Fox has also won the AFC and NFC Championship game as a coach and brought Vic Fangio who is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL. Fox has a winning record everywhere bar Chicago which to be fair was a mess when he took over. Made 4 successive AFC Championship games with the Broncos. I do think Fox will go after this season, that defeat last weekend probably tipped things irreversibly against him.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: November 16, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »
Not sure what more Fox can do with the tools at his disposal
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: November 16, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »

Sure just google the info about Chicago's last five seasons and the changes that happened and you will soon be an expert on Da Bears under Fox just like you are now an Auburn alum!!

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: November 16, 2017, 02:52:00 PM »

Sure just google the info about Chicago's last five seasons and the changes that happened and you will soon be an expert on Da Bears under Fox just like you are now an Auburn alum!!

Eh? I致e actually attended Auburn games.

He shoots and he misses..

Crete Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: November 16, 2017, 05:35:44 PM »

You will have to forgive me if I find that hard to believe!

You don't work in I.T. systems management or computer coding by any chance?

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: November 16, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »

war eagle syf

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: November 16, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »

You will have to forgive me if I find that hard to believe!

You don't work in I.T. systems management or computer coding by any chance?

Cuz I felt like making you look like an ass..

My 2010 National Champions commemorative cup:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The FAU-Auburn game in the 2011 season I got it at:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What's with the second question? Do you want me to root out my degrees too?

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: November 19, 2017, 11:33:15 PM »
Another big win for the vikings against the Rams tonight. 24-7 against one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL. The Lions scraped a win tonight to stay in touch. The division outcome could be as good as decided next week when the vikings play the lions in Detroit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:38:11 PM by Capt Pat »

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: November 19, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
Nathan Peterman throws five Ints in the first half, it would be comical if it wasn稚 a totally self-inflicted injury by a team owning a wild card spot entering the weekend.

Tyrod Taylor really needs to tell the Bills to fck off in the off-season.