Gaelic Games 2 (For PS2)

Started by westmayo, October 18, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westmayo

Was walking down the town there at lunch and the new pro eve game caught my eye in the window of gamestop. Was having a look at it when I looked down the rack where the game was and saw Gaelic Games 2 for the playstation. I didn't know there was a new version of this comming out. Having bought the first pile of crap last year has anyone any info on this new revised version.

Louth Exile

It will simply have to be better than the first one. How could it get worse! Still won't be rushing out to buy it until I see how good it is first
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gabriel_Hurl

and a quick look at the IR Gurus website says that there is a second football game coming out - and a Hurling one

There's screenshots on their site

http://www.irgurus.com/

Football

Cover

Game

Hurling

Cover

Game

BallyhaiseMan

Title
Gaelic Games: Football 2

Publisher
Sony Computer Entertainment

Platform
PlayStation 2

Release Date
TBA

Description
Gaelic Games: Football 2 is the sequel to the bestselling Gaelic Games: Football.  With all new features and improvements, GGF2 is a while new ball game!
Features
Career mode which allows you to train and improve your team across multiple seasons
Improved graphics and weather effects
All new control system gives you ultimate control of you players
New tactics so you can set your team's behaviour
Club teams and team editing
Mission mode to replay historic matches

from IR Gurus website.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 18, 2007, 02:35:32 PM

Game

I know I shouldn't but I got to say it......

Are there any screen shots of one of those teams pointing at the scoreboard??  ;D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gabriel_Hurl

Title
Gaelic Games: Hurling

Publisher
Sony Computer Entertainment

Platform
PlayStation 2

Release Date
Available

Description
Experience the skill, passion and excitement of Ireland's national game. Follow an action packed season of National Football League, Provincial and All Ireland Football Championships, with selection from all current county teams. Play in one of 11 photo-realistic stadia from all 4 provinces including: Croke Park, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Casement Park and Pearse Stadium. Gaelic Games: Football also features commentary from the legendary Micheal O'Muircheartaigh.
Features
Full GAA Season: Play a single game or follow a full GAA season, including the National Football League, Provincial and All Ireland Football Championships.
All Teams: Choose from all current county teams (including New York and London)
Stadia: Choose from 11 photo-realistic stadia, including Croke Park, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Casement Park and Pearse Stadium.
Commentary: Full commentary from the legendary Micheeal Ui Muircheartaigh.
Training Mode: The perfect way to learn how to play Gaelic Games: Football, training mode allows you to master the controls before playing for real.
Key Moves: Dozens of moves including soloing, hand-passing, free taking, penalties, tackling and shooting.
EyeToy Cameo: By using the "EyeToy: Cameo" you will be able to take high-resolution images of your face with the EyeToy Camera and turn out a squad containing some of your friends faces and take on the best teams in Ireland.
Team & Individual Player Tactics: Tactics allow for the gamer to select different team and player strategies.
Irish Language Option: Navigate in-game menus and manual in English or Irish.
User Controlled Replays: Users have complete control over replays with full 360 degree replay with fast forward/rewind, pause and slow motion.

All brands, logos and products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.

Over the Bar

As sh*te as Gaelic Football 1 was, if you had a few mates round with a few beers it was still a good laff. 

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteMission mode to replay historic matches

Please let one of the tasks be the second half of the Ulster semi-final in 1995 Tyrone vs Derry

GalwayBayBoy

Will be interesting to see how the hurling turns out. Not an easy game to convert I'd imagine. I don't have a PS2 anymore anyway. Have had a 360 for the past year.

Never played the original football game but heard it was pretty bad. You'd hope they made substantial improvements to it. I heard the new AFL game is meant to be the best yet but they've had a fair few versions of that to get it right.

thejuice

There was very little fanfare about this. Wonder why? wouldnt mind the hurling game, tho would have to wait and here some good reports first as the original Gaelic game was brutal. Pity its not on PS3 but what of it, ill still be able to play it, any way its not developed enough to warrent a PS3 release much like the Rugby games, even the latest ones arent on PS3.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

anyone think the hurling game description sound EXACTLY like the first football game!!! :o

or is it just me?

thejuice

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 18, 2007, 02:48:14 PM
QuoteMission mode to replay historic matches

Please let one of the tasks be the second half of the Ulster semi-final in 1995 Tyrone vs Derry

It has the first half of the Meath Vs Mayo 1996 replay

Screenshot:

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Lamh Dhearg Alba

The first game was good for novel value but overall it was a pretty rotten game. Hard to tell by the screenshots but they do look pretty similar to the first game...I bought the first game regardless of the poor reviews but wouldnt be so hasty this time.

Tankie

Both those games look shite. Also have we all not dumped our PS2 and upgraded to the Xbox 360? i didnt hook up the PS2 for Rugby 08 so no plans to do it for this!
Grand Slam Saturday!