Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guevara

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2023, 08:58:33 PM
Quote from: guevara on July 30, 2023, 08:49:30 PM

RTÉ all the way in our house!

Trumpeted like a badge of honour!? WTF?

It's more a signal issue than a preference Lad!  Relax!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

imtommygunn

Watched a bit of it back there on tg4. Didn't notice as much the first time but Kilkenny had a huge influence on that game towards the end.

Rossfan

Who let fkn Marty Renault out in that pink jacket?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tbrick18

Quote from: guevara on July 30, 2023, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 30, 2023, 07:21:32 PM
On balance, Dublin deserved to win that game.
Clifford really didn't have his best game but still set up the goal.
Personally I thought it was an average enough game in terms of quality.
If it had been 2 ulster teams serving up that match the state of gaelic football is probably the only thing that would be mentioned.
It was exciting in terms of how close it was, but it was a game of 2 defences in my view. Both defences did really well and the turnovers at both ends supports that.
But in terms of attacking flair, I thought it was quite flat.

Some achievement for the dubs, 9 ai medals is unbelievable.

How did Dublin "deserve" to win exactly? Kerry were wasteful yes but if your telling me David Gough did not have influence over that 2 point margin then we must have watched different games.

People give off about The JP McManus money in Limerick!  Dublin have benefited from favoutism from The GAA for years before you even take into account that their "in house" referee just also happens to be the All-Ireland Final Ref? As a neutral it's embarassing that we as an organisation look down upon other sporting codes  & claim some sort of Amateur Sporting superiority.

Dublin have had more than a helping hand from headquarters in recent years.

Deserved because I feel they played better and their subs had more of an impact than the Kerry subs.
They also kept the best player of all time shackled.

I thought gough did a good job.  All the big calls right. Yellows when deserved. Didn't miss any obvious blacks.
Prob a few mistakes for frees but not favouring any team.
So I'm not sure what game you watched..

If Clifford had played like that against derry, we'd have easily made the final.

tbrick18

In terms of coverage, I gave up on rte this year as pundits were poor and commentary just a rehashed cliche followed by another.
Bbc by far had much better standard of coverage all year.....until today.
What sort of sh*te was that?
The whole thing was geared for the dumb English viewer who had never seen gaelic football before.
Really annoying.
And Philly mcmahon couldn't be listened to.
The panel were a bit too "isn't this great" for my liking too.
All seemed geared for the UK audience and not the rest of us who watch all year.

Poor showing for the ai final imo.

BrotherMore6592

It's simple , everybody has been saying the same thing for the past few years and we were proven right today

Take D Clifford out of that Kerry team and they have very little firepower and rely on individual brilliance to get scores.

If he has an off day / isn't playing, they're ordinary

The defences were brilliant today but that's as soft an all Ireland as I've seen in a long time

Feels like Sam is there for the taking. Dublin and Kerry are by no means way ahead of the rest,

guevara

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 30, 2023, 09:20:03 PM
Quote from: guevara on July 30, 2023, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 30, 2023, 07:21:32 PM
On balance, Dublin deserved to win that game.
Clifford really didn't have his best game but still set up the goal.
Personally I thought it was an average enough game in terms of quality.
If it had been 2 ulster teams serving up that match the state of gaelic football is probably the only thing that would be mentioned.
It was exciting in terms of how close it was, but it was a game of 2 defences in my view. Both defences did really well and the turnovers at both ends supports that.
But in terms of attacking flair, I thought it was quite flat.

Some achievement for the dubs, 9 ai medals is unbelievable.

How did Dublin "deserve" to win exactly? Kerry were wasteful yes but if your telling me David Gough did not have influence over that 2 point margin then we must have watched different games.

People give off about The JP McManus money in Limerick!  Dublin have benefited from favoutism from The GAA for years before you even take into account that their "in house" referee just also happens to be the All-Ireland Final Ref? As a neutral it's embarassing that we as an organisation look down upon other sporting codes  & claim some sort of Amateur Sporting superiority.

Dublin have had more than a helping hand from headquarters in recent years.

Deserved because I feel they played better and their subs had more of an impact than the Kerry subs.
They also kept the best player of all time shackled.

I thought gough did a good job.  All the big calls right. Yellows when deserved. Didn't miss any obvious blacks.
Prob a few mistakes for frees but not favouring any team.
So I'm not sure what game you watched..

If Clifford had played like that against derry, we'd have easily made the final.

I watched the game were James McCarthy gave away blatant free after blatant free yet went unpunished in terms of the rules of the game. I watched the game were the same player made deliberate contact with opponents faces on multiple plays yet somehow only managed to end with a single yellow card.

I watched from the Hogan as Clifford was dragged and fouled all day yet the one time he is awareded a free inside he is also booked.

Gough won it for The Dubs & was more blatantly obvious than previous years. Its not a level playing field when you get Dublin in the latter stages.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Captain Obvious

The tradition of playing All Ireland Minor finals before senior finals replaced by a bit of music.  The Stunning today in front of empty Croke Park.

imtommygunn

You look back at some of the last few points. Fenton went almost unopposed from front to back , and did this twice in the game, to score a point. Mannion, who was great, had significant space for some of his points. Kerry did really well in the full back line but round the 45ish area they gave up significant space. Those are the things that beat you not the ref. You are one of very very few complaining about the ref.

Most of dublins main forwards didn't fire and they still found scores from elsewhere. O'Callaghan was well shackled and Costello non existent really yet there was enough depth elsewhere on the field. Add to that dublin outscored kerry 7-2 in the last twenty really the better team won.

Mcccarthy could have seen red but tbh I thought in the first half Dublin should have had more complaints than Kerry.

Wildweasel74

Wouldn't say the ref won the game for, Dublin, Clifford been off was the big difference plus Geaney not taking a pass and return for the first goal attempt effort. He's def responsible for not showing Mccarthy the line, McKeigue got yellow carded after 2 pulling fouls, McCarthy done about 3 head high yellow card offences and a blocking one given as a free which didn't result in a black card. So Gough badly at fault for letting that go

Wildweasel74

Rossfan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 30, 2023, 09:39:41 PM
The tradition of playing All Ireland Minor finals before senior finals replaced by a bit of music.  The Stunning today in front of empty Croke Park.

The 90% of  14,000 plus who wouldn't have got  to see their teams in the Minor Final just might not give a tupenny damn.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AustinPowers

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 30, 2023, 09:24:55 PM
In terms of coverage, I gave up on rte this year as pundits were poor and commentary just a rehashed cliche followed by another.
Bbc by far had much better standard of coverage all year.....until today.
What sort of sh*te was that?
The whole thing was geared for the dumb English viewer who had never seen gaelic football before.
Really annoying.
And Philly mcmahon couldn't be listened to.
The panel were a bit too "isn't this great" for my liking too.
All seemed geared for the UK audience and not the rest of us who watch all year.

Poor showing for the ai final imo.

I agree with you  there.  We heard more  today from Dara O'B,  Patrick Kielty and yer man who done all the riding in Normal people  than we did  from Harte Oisin and Murphy , who are quite  entertaining. And at every opportunity it was, the goalkeeper, he's an accountant ... he'll be back to work tomorrow , the full forward , he's a bus driver , he'll be at work in the morning (might need to  breathalyse him though).

Was a shame , because their  semi finals coverage  and hurling final coverage  , was excellent.  And to be honest , I doubt there were many British people  watching , so all the pandering was for very little.

imtommygunn

screenexile

Very nervy and average final... maybe Derry would have been the same but very disappointed after that.

Brolly reckons Shane McGuigan wouldn't have got in the Dublin FF line... they scored 2 points from play today!