Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 05:57:10 PM
Kingdom deserved winners. Sean Cavanagh is some dose it must be said lol. Should be a great Final hopefully.

Derry 100% left that behind them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2023, 05:53:03 PM
I'm still not sure how Derry lost that, they were much the better team all day. It looked like they just run out of gas near the end, Roger's (who was superb) looked dead on his feet there.

So, the classico final is happening but both teams didn't arrive as they expected to.

Simliar than Monaghan yesterday. Giving a very good account of themselves for an hour then outscored in the final 10 minutes plus added time 0-5 to 0-1. Dublin, Kerry simply have better impact off their benches to push home for the wins.

clarshack

Have Kerry and Dublin only met in an All-Ireland Final every 4 years since 2011?

joemamas

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 16, 2023, 05:58:02 PM
Kingdom deserved winners. Sean Cavanagh is some dose it must be said lol. Should be a great Final hopefully.

totally agree, feel so bad for them.
btw, pigskin is just the same WUM  aka EIRO OG, KERRY FOR SAMS and many others.

Piskin

They didn't have the balls or the brains to be brutally honest. Kerry didn't panic when the pressure was on especially when they were kicking wides late on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:54:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:48:37 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 16, 2023, 05:30:31 PM
Joe has been given his orders.

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

Is a soft free a free or not?

I used the wrong  term.  I don't  think either were free kicks

Push in back when try to dip the ball is a free, when did that change?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

guevara

Terrible pundit who constantly interrupts others & cuts in when they are making a point. How or why they keep bringing him back is beyond me.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

manfromdelmonte

Few very soft frees to Kerry and then the referee missed the closed fist into the ribs for the Clifford turn over
But Derry butchered too many chances

The last flick of the ball to delay the quick free should have been a red card - very dangerous to block someone kicking the ball like that

Piskin

Quote from: Gael80 on July 16, 2023, 06:00:54 PM
Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 05:51:34 PM

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

Derry were well beaten at the end...ref gave them a chance with the extra minutes but Derry crapped the bed. Better team won whilst not playing well for most of the game

You need a bit of luck to win All Ireland's. Kerry got the big call in last years final and two game changing and probably game determining decisions today. Got out of jail but they'll take it and should be a good final. Better team lost today, that is championship football.

Yet the ref gave Derry every chance at the end with the extra minutes. Better team won whilst not playing their best

LC

+1

Sportacus

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 16, 2023, 05:50:54 PM
Stephen O'Brien's impact off the bench a game changer. Does he start the next day or come on at HT again?
He starts 100%, and that game brings Kerry on a tonne.  The 10 minutes without O'Connor was huge.  Shows how important he's become.  Clifford unreal.
Great effort from Derry.  They had the chances but it wouldn't drop for them. 4 points in second half killed them.  Thought they ran out of legs whereas as Kerry emptied the bench and stayed strong. It's been pointed out a thousand times that the bench was an achilles heal.  If Derry keep evolving they've a few good years to look forward to based on today.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2023, 05:52:28 PM

I didn't think either were free kicks and it's amazing how McQuillan is still continuing to get big games at this stage. He must have connections because it's not based on competency. His job is not to make the game a close contest it's to apply the rules.
The o';brien one wasn't a free. He just went so low with his sidestep that he fell

Wolfetones

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 06:03:29 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:54:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM

Is a soft free a free or not?

I used the wrong  term.  I don't  think either were free kicks

Push in back when try to dip the ball is a free, when did that change?

What was the foul on the other one? Think it was O'Brien who was "fouled"

Piskin

Quote from: joemamas on July 16, 2023, 06:00:07 PM

Don't be petty & bitter.  Derry were not good enough to win it as Kerry were not at their best. It's very simple whoever scores the most in the game wins...

totally agree, feel so bad for them.
btw, pigskin is just the same WUM  aka EIRO OG, KERRY FOR SAMS and many others.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dubs will handle Ciarraí in the AIF -- the Muckers have shown the way.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...