Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on November 18, 2017, 06:00:37 PM
Lumped on Utd in play at evens.

Utd can't afford to fall 11 points behind city at this stage after their good start to the season .

That would have been the bet but Newcastle still well in this! Utd would need to score 3 more before they'd be safe with that first half showing!

Fair play Rafa, always liked his style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2017, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: stiffler on November 18, 2017, 06:00:37 PM
Lumped on Utd in play at evens.

Utd can't afford to fall 11 points behind city at this stage after their good start to the season .

That would have been the bet but Newcastle still well in this! Utd would need to score 3 more before they'd be safe with that first half showing!

Fair play Rafa, always liked his style

Can't need Utd letting this one go from this position. If they do Jose will be kicking himself.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Over the Bar

Rafa getting his arse handed to him at Old Trafford yet again.  Different club same nightmare....😀

Cunny Funt

Newcastle a bit like ROI the other night, took the lead and ended up getting well beaten. United have now won seven consecutive Premier League games at Old Trafford and I think that hasn't been done since Ferguson was manager.

Jeepers Creepers

after a nervy start, a game that ticked most of the boxes. Hopefully back at it again.

Boycey

Asal Mor

I know he's just back from injury but I thought Pogba's celebration was a bit much for a tap-in. The protocol for celebrating a tap-in is usually to acknowledge the player who did the hard part in setting it up (rashford). Pogba's celebration would have been fitting for a goal of the month contender.

johnneycool

Quote from: Boycey on November 19, 2017, 10:44:06 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42046280

Lost one of our records   :(

!930? the premiership wasn't invented then so it doesn't count..

magpie seanie

Quote from: Asal Mor on November 20, 2017, 04:24:24 AM
I know he's just back from injury but I thought Pogba's celebration was a bit much for a tap-in. The protocol for celebrating a tap-in is usually to acknowledge the player who did the hard part in setting it up (rashford). Pogba's celebration would have been fitting for a goal of the month contender.

Don't like the chap but he really did make a difference - which I had been denying was the case for most of his absence. Well I thought it was overstated and possibly still is slightly but the team functioned better (albeit against weak opposition) with him back. His moment of magic for the second goal was crucial in the game. As you noted, his celebration was only matched by the MOTD analysis. Rashford bust a gut to get into the box, sprinting by Pogba en route, and the clown lauded Pogba for getting into the box.....not a word about Rashford.

Great to see Rashford and Martial selected with Lukaku.

general

Guys can anyone point me towards 2 tickets for the derby on 10th dec? send me a message if you can.

thanks

Maroon Manc

Pogba makes a huge difference to United, we didn't see the best of him last season but he started this season in great form and he's been a huge loss. Once he sorts out his defensive deficiency's United will have one of the worlds best players, he just switches off the odd time and fails to track a run which can be worked on.

Going forward though he's capable of scoring a lot more goals but what surprises me most about him is his creativity, he can easily beat a man as we saw on Saturday and has great vision in and around the area for a man of his size. Lets hope he stays fit.

Milltown Row2

But why was there all the mystery surrounding his fitness and when he was coming back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2017, 03:55:40 PM
But why was there all the mystery surrounding his fitness and when he was coming back?

Considering he came back just after the international break,

OgraAnDun

Considering he came back just after the international break, I'd hazard a guess it was to keep the French team from picking him and instead allowing him an extra weeks recovery.

magpie seanie

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 20, 2017, 03:59:49 PM

Considering he came back just after the international break, I'd hazard a guess it was to keep the French team from picking him and instead allowing him an extra weeks recovery.

Makes sense now.