Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far East

Well done clueless masses! You've managed to make it through a few posts without suggesting spending more money on 'superstars'.  A more impressive achievement than the rare league win which has enticed a few of the chief morons back to the thread.  Maybe your little boy might actually wear the United 4th choice training shirt (with extra sponsor) that you got him for xmas!

NAG1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 11, 2016, 11:12:06 PM
Anyone else think that Herrera the closest we've had to a Keano since the wee Cork fecker departed the stage?

Really delgihted to see Herrera hitting his straps now, a genuine all rounder. Really like the bit of devilment in him as well as his range of passing. The midfield looks to have great balance when Carrick and Herrera play and allow Pogba to get forward more. The performance was there again and managed to keep the clean sheet to get the win.

Maroon Manc

Another good performance and we finally got the result we deserved. I wasn't expecting City & Liverpool to drop so many points the last 2 weekends so after writing top 4 off a few weeks ago we now have a glimmer of hope. If we can go on a run we'll close the gap as City have to play Arsenal & Liverpool over the next few weeks.

Darmian concerns me, Sissoko skinned him 4 or 5 times and he's in the team for his defending as he's very poor going forward.

Rojo & Jones are playing for their futures and have both been excellent, just hope Jones can stay fit though given his injury record.

Gonzalo15

St. Ettiene in the Europa league

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on December 12, 2016, 12:43:08 PM
St. Ettiene in the Europa league

Paul Pogba to face his bigger brother

Boycey

There's a bit of history to that tie, the last time United drew St Etienne the home leg was played in Plymouth after trouble at the 1st leg in France. It was in 1977 during the dark days of football hooliganism in England..

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2016, 01:13:37 PM
There's a bit of history to that tie, the last time United drew St Etienne the home leg was played in Plymouth after trouble at the 1st leg in France. It was in 1977 during the dark days of football hooliganism in England..

First thing I thought of but you'd have to think a great chance of advancing.

Maroon Manc

Great draw in terms of travel, away leg is a few days before a potential fa cup game and I've no doubt Mourinho will play his best 11 considering the home game is a few days before we go away to City.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 12, 2016, 11:49:53 AM
Another good performance and we finally got the result we deserved. I wasn't expecting City & Liverpool to drop so many points the last 2 weekends so after writing top 4 off a few weeks ago we now have a glimmer of hope. If we can go on a run we'll close the gap as City have to play Arsenal & Liverpool over the next few weeks.

Darmian concerns me, Sissoko skinned him 4 or 5 times and he's in the team for his defending as he's very poor going forward.

Rojo & Jones are playing for their futures and have both been excellent, just hope Jones can stay fit though given his injury record.

Agree with all of that. Darmian looked really bad defensively and when you offer little to nothing in attack it's a bad equation. Hope Mkhitaryan's ankle is ok, he has really made the team hum. Still think Pogba is a bit brainless and inconsistent but his raw abilities are massive. The Carrick/Herrera platform allows him the freedom to make the odd f**k up though. Great to see Bailly back....he's a super addition. Was delighted for Jones especially yesterday, defended very well but as you say he needs to avoid injury. The lack of goals again is a little hard to explain. Spurs had chances and could easily have got a point.

So after the Chelsea humiliation Mourinho has copped on and is picking the team on its merits and not just doing his own thing to show who's the boss. This must continue. Two away games this week which are tricky but if United could get 6 points out of them it would be a nice boost heading into the Christmas fixtures.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 12, 2016, 01:58:50 PM
Great draw in terms of travel, away leg is a few days before a potential fa cup game and I've no doubt Mourinho will play his best 11 considering the home game is a few days before we go away to City.

I think you have that the wrong way round. 1st leg is at home before FA Cup weekend and away leg is before a potential City game but this is also the weekend of League Cup Final so hopefully United would be playing in that. Also there is possibility away leg could be played on the Wed night as Lyon have also been drawn to play at home the same night and seemingly there is precedence of them and St Etienne not being allowed play on same night.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2016, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 12, 2016, 01:58:50 PM

I think you have that the wrong way round. 1st leg is at home before FA Cup weekend and away leg is before a potential City game but this is also the weekend of League Cup Final so hopefully United would be playing in that. Also there is possibility away leg could be played on the Wed night as Lyon have also been drawn to play at home the same night and seemingly there is precedence of them and St Etienne not being allowed play on same night.

Just seen that now, forgot we were 2nd in our group which meant away first. We're going to have a lot of games if we progress in Europe and get to the league cup final and then have a decent FA Cup run.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2016, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 12, 2016, 11:49:53 AM

Agree with all of that. Darmian looked really bad defensively and when you offer little to nothing in attack it's a bad equation. Hope Mkhitaryan's ankle is ok, he has really made the team hum. Still think Pogba is a bit brainless and inconsistent but his raw abilities are massive. The Carrick/Herrera platform allows him the freedom to make the odd f**k up though. Great to see Bailly back....he's a super addition. Was delighted for Jones especially yesterday, defended very well but as you say he needs to avoid injury. The lack of goals again is a little hard to explain. Spurs had chances and could easily have got a point.

So after the Chelsea humiliation Mourinho has copped on and is picking the team on its merits and not just doing his own thing to show who's the boss. This must continue. Two away games this week which are tricky but if United could get 6 points out of them it would be a nice boost heading into the Christmas fixtures.

I do think Pogba is learning though, there was nothing daft from him yesterday. He did his bit for the team defensively and from an attacking point of view he got forward when he needed too and with a bit of luck could have scored 3 goals.

The youth team play their first game in the youth cup tonight, they've got a good team this year and should have a good chance of progressing.

Fuzzman

Looking at the 32 teams left Utd should be going all out to win the Europa league cup. It is definitely they're easiest path into the CL for next year.

I can't believe Darmian is getting anywhere near the team but I was surprised how well Rojo played at the weekend.

I hope they sell/loan Depay and Schneiderlin to Everton in the January window. What do ye make of Depay?

stew

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 12, 2016, 04:42:59 PM
Looking at the 32 teams left Utd should be going all out to win the Europa league cup. It is definitely they're easiest path into the CL for next year.

I can't believe Darmian is getting anywhere near the team but I was surprised how well Rojo played at the weekend.

I hope they sell/loan Depay and Schneiderlin to Everton in the January window. What do ye make of Depay?

One horrendous challenge aside Rojo has been excellent recently, I did not think he has it in him to be honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 12, 2016, 04:42:59 PM

After the past two weekends, I would be firmly focused on top 4 if I were a United fan. Liverpool are clearly struggling at the moment, City have lost two games in a row... Just like that a six point gap can be made up. And we're only in December. A good March and April can shoot a team up the table when it matters, and often has in the past.