Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2540992 times)

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #42225 on: November 17, 2017, 10:25:17 PM »
That's a big boost. Need a run of wins now.

Probably something like 7 out of the next 8 if we are to trouble City.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42226 on: November 18, 2017, 05:51:14 PM »
Newcastle full value for one nil up! United playing like individuals
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42227 on: November 18, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »
Lumped on Utd in play at evens.

Utd can’t afford to fall 11 points behind city at this stage after their good start to the season .
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #42228 on: November 18, 2017, 06:23:30 PM »

Utd can’t afford to fall 11 points behind city at this stage after their good start to the season .

That would have been the bet but Newcastle still well in this! Utd would need to score 3 more before they’d be safe with that first half showing!

Fair play Rafa, always liked his style
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42229 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »

That would have been the bet but Newcastle still well in this! Utd would need to score 3 more before they’d be safe with that first half showing!

Fair play Rafa, always liked his style

Can’t need Utd letting this one go from this position. If they do Jose will be kicking himself.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #42230 on: November 18, 2017, 07:04:15 PM »
Rafa getting his arse handed to him at Old Trafford yet again.  Different club same nightmare....😀

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #42231 on: November 18, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »
Newcastle a bit like ROI the other night, took the lead and ended up getting well beaten. United have now won seven consecutive Premier League games at Old Trafford and I think that hasn't been done since Ferguson was manager.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #42232 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
after a nervy start, a game that ticked most of the boxes. Hopefully back at it again.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #42233 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42046280

Lost one of our records   :(

Asal Mor

• View Profile
« Reply #42234 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:24 AM »
I know he's just back from injury but I thought Pogba's celebration was a bit much for a tap-in. The protocol for celebrating a tap-in is usually to acknowledge the player who did the hard part in setting it up (rashford). Pogba's celebration would have been fitting for a goal of the month contender.

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42235 on: November 20, 2017, 09:07:05 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42046280

Lost one of our records   :(

!930? the premiership wasn't invented then so it doesn't count..

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #42236 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
I know he's just back from injury but I thought Pogba's celebration was a bit much for a tap-in. The protocol for celebrating a tap-in is usually to acknowledge the player who did the hard part in setting it up (rashford). Pogba's celebration would have been fitting for a goal of the month contender.

Don't like the chap but he really did make a difference - which I had been denying was the case for most of his absence. Well I thought it was overstated and possibly still is slightly but the team functioned better (albeit against weak opposition) with him back. His moment of magic for the second goal was crucial in the game. As you noted, his celebration was only matched by the MOTD analysis. Rashford bust a gut to get into the box, sprinting by Pogba en route, and the clown lauded Pogba for getting into the box.....not a word about Rashford.

Great to see Rashford and Martial selected with Lukaku.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #42237 on: November 20, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »
Guys can anyone point me towards 2 tickets for the derby on 10th dec? send me a message if you can.

thanks

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #42238 on: November 20, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
Pogba makes a huge difference to United, we didn't see the best of him last season but he started this season in great form and he's been a huge loss. Once he sorts out his defensive deficiency's United will have one of the worlds best players, he just switches off the odd time and fails to track a run which can be worked on.

Going forward though he's capable of scoring a lot more goals but what surprises me most about him is his creativity, he can easily beat a man as we saw on Saturday and has great vision in and around the area for a man of his size. Lets hope he stays fit.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #42239 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
But why was there all the mystery surrounding his fitness and when he was coming back?