‘Old Man Yells At Cloud’ Thread - your anger/frustrations with the modern world

Started by AustinPowers, April 22, 2023, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 22, 2023, 11:09:29 PM
Met my 5th cousin the last day and asked him if we could go for a drink and catch up seeing that we had 2 Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents in common. He would have only been interested if we had the same surname.

We're all descended from King David, apparently.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2023, 11:14:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 22, 2023, 11:09:29 PM
Met my 5th cousin the last day and asked him if we could go for a drink and catch up seeing that we had 2 Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents in common. He would have only been interested if we had the same surname.

We're all descended from King David, apparently.

The thing is that these same 2 Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents are also my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents.

Milltown Row2

The price of dog food!! It's nearly doubled for what I was buying over a year ago
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 10:21:06 AM
The price of dog food!! It's nearly doubled for what I was buying over a year ago

Cat food too, £3.40 last year, £5.20 today. Firelogs up about £1.50 too. 500ml of Coke / Pepsi was £2.15 in Central yesterday, £2.hooerin'15!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2023, 11:32:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 10:21:06 AM

Cat food too, £3.40 last year, £5.20 today. Firelogs up about £1.50 too. 500ml of Coke / Pepsi was £2.15 in Central yesterday, £2.hooerin'15!
Bought 3 loose peppers for over 4 quid earlier today.  :-\

AustinPowers

Skinny car indicators,  how the  hell are  ye meant to see  these?

Number plate lettering  legally has to be a certain size , presumably  So that the speed cameras can read your plate and then send you a fine, . Yet  these  indicators(and break lights)  you can hardly see them.

red hander

All these right wing 'anti-woke' cnuts, who couldn't tell you what 'woke' means, but if you call them out they become the biggest 'snowflakes' on the planet. Wankers.

imtommygunn

Quote from: red hander on April 27, 2023, 09:02:33 PM
All these right wing 'anti-woke' cnuts, who couldn't tell you what 'woke' means, but if you call them out they become the biggest 'snowflakes' on the planet. Wankers.

They get outraged about people getting outraged and don't see the hypocrisy in it  ;D

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2023, 08:24:30 PM
Words - 'absolutely' 'outrageous' 'shocking' etc. They don't mean what they used to mean.

That's just the way language evolves, adjectives lose their power through over-use. Things had to get as bad as the sinking of the Titanic or the First World War before you could describe them as "terrible." Now you can use that word to describe having to wait a few seconds longer for your fast food to come out.

In Yankland, "awesome" used to mean something genuinely awe-inspiring like Jean Michel-Jarre's Rendevous Houston concert. Now it's something as mundane as getting decent service at the drive-thru.

ONeill

You see it in management speak. Speaking down, you only have to be told your idea to wipe your arse is 'absolutely' the right thing to do.

The day i use a word like that, shoot me. That is also an exaggeration.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

literally
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
Similar:
verbatim
word for word
line for line
letter for letter
to the letter
exactly
precisely
faithfully
closely
strictly
strictly speaking
accurately
rigorously
literatim
Opposite:
loosely
imprecisely
metaphorically
INFORMAL
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I was literally blown away by the response I got"

RedHand88

Those cringy YouTube channels made by couples with videos like "My husbands reaction when I tell him I cheated". They always call each other babe throughout the whole thing too.

Eugh.