Joe Brolly has discussion with Jamie Bryson

Started by imtommygunn, October 31, 2021, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Can't believe he managed to slip the phrase "black b******s" into a unionist voice podcast.
Only Joe.

grounded

Quote from: Jeremiah O on November 04, 2021, 03:46:42 PM
Jamie now knows how Lyster,Spillane and O'Rourke struggled to get a word in edgeways!

Ha!  In fairness Joe asked him outright a few times what these perceived losses for Unionism were and Bryson really couldnt articulate anything of note.
     I'd like to see Joe in more of these sorts of debates with the likes of Jim Allister. Wouldnt that be interesting. 

lurganblue

Enjoyed that.  Jamie needs to have a serious talk with his broadband provider. Typical politician style answers from Joe.  Jamie asks a question and Joe proceeds to talk about something else  ;D

Silver hill

Enjoyed Joe's not so subtle dig about seeing Jamie recently...'standing on the top of a blue wheelie bin addressing six or seven people...' 😂😂

bannside

I can't think of anyone better to take "themmuns" on head to head than Joe. In this regard he is top notch. Can't see too many queuing up to take him on.

There is a real niche here for Joe if he manages to get the balance right about when and when not to go for the slam dunk, go easy on the wine beforehand and play a medium long term game that most of us could reasonably get behind.

There's dozens could offer  GAA punditry, but remarkably few with the all round credentials to nail political narrative like Joe.

Saffronaldo

I agree with that Bannside. If you put aside Brolly's narcissistic tendencies and penchant for making everything about himself, he is a captivating orator with intelligence, knowledge, first-hand experience of the Troubles, and a seemingly genuine desire to make society a better place. He could really make a difference if he harnessed his strengths and reined back on the silly stuff a bit.

Targetman

Brolly never gave wee Bryson a kick of the ball at all, " I hear you're a legal executive, what's that " smirking away flat out, no contest!!

RedHand88

The only thing I learnt from that is that the internet is faster in South Belfast than Donaghadee.

Man Marker

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2021, 03:06:55 PM
The only thing I learnt from that is that the internet is faster in South Belfast than Donaghadee.

Its not about you

RedHand88

Quote from: Man Marker on November 06, 2021, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2021, 03:06:55 PM

Its not about you

Thanks.

red hander

Quote from: Targetman on November 06, 2021, 02:44:44 PM
Brolly never gave wee Bryson a kick of the ball at all, " I hear you're a legal executive, what's that " smirking away flat out, no contest!!

He gave him a kick of the ball by agreeing to debate with the areshole in the first place. Giving credence to this self appointed spokesman for loyalism who can't even show his face in Shankill is a joke. This is a clown who stood for election and got 167 votes. Koko the imaginary gorilla had more people voting for it. That odious bastard Nolan can promote him for his own sectarian agenda, but it doesn't mean the Dungiven gimp should.

Silver hill

Quote from: red hander on November 07, 2021, 12:03:31 AM
Quote from: Targetman on November 06, 2021, 02:44:44 PM

He gave him a kick of the ball by agreeing to debate with the areshole in the first place. Giving credence to this self appointed spokesman for loyalism who can't even show his face in Shankill is a joke. This is a clown who stood for election and got 167 votes. Koko the imaginary gorilla had more people voting for it. That odious bastard Nolan can promote him for his own sectarian agenda, but it doesn't mean the Dungiven gimp should.

Wow...that's a lot of anger right there. Chill man. Breathe.

Main Street

In that debate Joe was Yoda, Jamie was a babblin' incoherent mess with a bad microphone and shoddy camera. Joe explained that old trope about the Kevin Lynch named club naming very well.  It's 40 years on, why are you still questioning it.

tbrick18

Quote from: Main Street on November 09, 2021, 12:26:45 AM
In that debate Joe was Yoda, Jamie was a babblin' incoherent mess with a bad microphone and shoddy camera. Joe explained that old trope about the Kevin Lynch named club naming very well.  It's 40 years on, why are you still questioning it.

Yeah it wasn't so much a debate a schooling.
Bryson couldn't even answer a question when asked about what difference a sea trade border actually made to him. He did a good job of shining a light on the faux unionist outrage which is really just fabricated to win votes from the knuckle draggers.

ck

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Bryson is a rabble rousing ego maniac with nothing to offer anyone bar his own self promotion. I do believe Brolly exposed the flaws in the faux unionist outrage and Bryson just rolled out his tired old ill informed and sectarian rhetoric.