TV schedule 2018

Started by JoG2, May 04, 2018, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 07, 2018, 09:42:07 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 07, 2018, 09:31:51 AM
The good news is RTE have live coverage of the royal wedding whilst Fermanagh v Armagh is on.

A f**king disgrace of an Irish tv station. Saying that there's a chance I may get to that game in person.

Up the Royal wedding!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Laoiseabu

Royal wedding my arse. f**k them all .

Jinxy

I believe they're heading to the Queen's County for their honeymoon.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 08, 2018, 12:17:26 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 08, 2018, 11:52:39 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2018, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2018, 05:14:36 PM
Tyrone v Monaghan and Cavan v Donegal were two games i was looking forward to watching live on TV but it seems they aren't going to be covered at all?

You were looking forward to Ulster football?

Bar Connaght now as in recent times Galway have emerged their are 3 teams now who can challenge, then yes Ulster football is the only province worth watchng for competitve football..

yea Tyrone had just a 9 point average winning margin. very competitive. Ulster is as shit as Leinster/Munster.
The Ulster championship has produced 3 different winners in the last 4 years. In 2016 Tyrone won their first Ulster title since 2010 and they only won that final by the skin of their teeth. Yes competitive!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on May 08, 2018, 01:55:28 PM
I believe they're heading to the Queen's County for their honeymoon.

Stopping off at the Royal county en route.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thejuice

The Super8s was always about making our 'product' more appealing to Sky while keeping the provincial traditionalists happy.

Everyone gets what they want now don't they.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

If we could get the Leinster and Munster SFCs abolished........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Sky 2018 GAA Championship Fixtures:

Exclusive to Sky

Saturday, 2 June

5pm Wexford v Galway (LSHC)

7pm Cork v Limerick (MSHC)

Saturday, 9 June

7pm Kilkenny v Wexford (LSHC)

7pm Galway v Dublin (LSHC)

Saturday, 23 June

5pm Football Rd 2 Qualifier

Saturday, 30 June

5pm Football Rd 3 Qualifier

7pm Football Rd 3 Qualifier

Saturday, 7 July

5pm Football Rd 4 Qualifier

7pm Football Rd 4 Qualifier

Saturday, 14 July

5pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 1

Saturday, 21 July

5pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 2

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 2

Saturday, 4 August

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 3

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 3

Saturday 28, July

5.00pm All Ireland Hurling Semi Final

Sunday, 29 July

3.30pm All Ireland Hurling Semi Final

Saturday, 11 August

5.00pm All Ireland Football Semi Final

Sunday, 12 August

3.30pm All Ireland Football Semi Final

Sunday, 19 August

3.30pm All Ireland Hurling Final

Sunday, 2 September

3.30pm All Ireland Football Final

JoG2

"Only seven games from this year's Ulster, Leinster, Munster and Connacht SFC are going to be aired live on television.

RTE are showing all four provincial finals as well as Mayo V Galway this weekend, one Ulster semi-final and one Leinster semi-final. The remainder of the 22 provincial matches played out over the course of the summer will not be broadcast live.

This is a massive reduction compared to previous years, with a Dublin match to be overlooked for the first time since 2006, while the huge Ulster first-round meeting of Tyrone and Monaghan has not been taken up by either RTE or Sky Sports.

The situation has arisen because - despite the wholesale changes to the format of the championship, with the introduction of the Super 8s in football and round-robin games in the Munster and Leinster SHCs - the existing TV rights deal of 45 games has not been revised.

Thus, RTE will show 25 games, Sky have the rights to 14 and six will be shared by both broadcasters. With so many quality hurling games early in the season and the Super 8s coming later, these matches have been selected at the expense of the provincial football games.

In the first eight weeks of the championship, starting this Sunday, there are two live games each weekend. Of those first sixteen live games, just four are football, with 12 live hurling games to be shown up until June 17. " Hoganstand

Rossfan

Obviously the TV Stations feel provincial hurling is a better spectacle than its  throwball equivalent.
Of course the deal should have been revised with the new formats -maybe giving TG4, Eirsport, TV3 and the 6 Cos Stations a chance to show a few games each?

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on May 09, 2018, 09:55:51 AM
Obviously the TV Stations feel provincial hurling is a better spectacle than its  throwball equivalent.
Of course the deal should have been revised with the new formats -maybe giving TG4, Eirsport, TV3 and the 6 Cos Stations a chance to show a few games each?

Tbf it is a lot more appealling. For me provincial and potential provincial games I'd was to see are

Ulster
Cavan Donegal
Monaghan Tyrone
The final

Connacht
Galway mayo
Final

Munster
Tipp cork
Final
Kerry Clare

Leinster
Kildare westmeath
Dublin semi (it'll be a one sided game but if still watch it)
Final

To a lesser extent of have smaller interest in seeing
Kerry Clare
Monaghan/Tyrone Armagh
Meath longford

There might be plenty of good tight games in the provinces this year Louth carlow, laois Wexford, Armagh fermanagh, these for example and others might be good games but wouldn't grab much interest outside the counties. We see how during the league and collages and schools tg4 utilise their player and YouTube sites brilliantly, that what I'd like to see more of. The fact monaghan Tyrone, two perennial division 1 teams and arguably along with mayo Galway the best game we will get at provincial level including finals is a disgrace

Taylor

Its amazing to think in this digital age and having been inundated with live games in recent years that we are actually going to see less of the provincial games.

As an association we are now full steam ahead down the corporate route (if there was any doubt).

f**k the small counties.

Its all about the super 8's now

AZOffaly

Why is anyone surprised by this? I'm confused. What did ye think would happen?

Rossfan

How many times in say the last 5 years have "small" football Counties' Provincial games been shown live?
RTÉ and Sky are paying to show games so will naturally go after the biggest audience to get some of their money back.

I would still have expected Tyrone /Monaghan to have been on - AI semi finalists and  qtr finalists 2017, and is it 4 if the last 5 Ulster titles?
Certainly not small football Counties.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on May 09, 2018, 11:24:30 AM
How many times in say the last 5 years have "small" football Counties' Provincial games been shown live?
RTÉ and Sky are paying to show games so will naturally go after the biggest audience to get some of their money back.

I would still have expected Tyrone /Monaghan to have been on - AI semi finalists and  qtr finalists 2017, and is it 4 if the last 5 Ulster titles?
Certainly not small football Counties.

I can think of several, especially on Saturday evenings. I remember Wicklow, Louth, Offaly, Carlow, Laois, Sligo, all on live TV. I think the Wicklow game was v Louth or someone.