Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: AQMP on March 20, 2018, 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 20, 2018, 04:24:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 01:37:18 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 20, 2018, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 20, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

They were poor witnesses

Certainly appeared so compared to the composed, assertive and combative complainant who was operating at a different level of intelligence and maturity than the accused.  Little things like that stick in the minds of jurors, so long as they didn't find the complainant too sure of herself in dealing with 6 days of questioning.

Coached?

If your parent's are solicitors, you'd like to think that you'd be well versed, shall we say.

I know this is doing the rounds but it's not accurate.

Lots of lies doing the rounds about this girl.....none have materialised to be true.

AQMP

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 20, 2018, 04:55:28 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 20, 2018, 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 20, 2018, 04:24:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 01:37:18 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 20, 2018, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 20, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

They were poor witnesses

Certainly appeared so compared to the composed, assertive and combative complainant who was operating at a different level of intelligence and maturity than the accused.  Little things like that stick in the minds of jurors, so long as they didn't find the complainant too sure of herself in dealing with 6 days of questioning.

Coached?

If your parent's are solicitors, you'd like to think that you'd be well versed, shall we say.

I know this is doing the rounds but it's not accurate.

Lots of lies doing the rounds about this girl.....none have materialised to be true.

Yeah on that basis the witness stand should have been a breeze for Harrison...

nrico2006

Was the general consensus not that Jackson did ok?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 21, 2018, 12:56:51 AM

Wow. No it was not.

Asal Mor

I havent seen the media comment on whether he was good or bad. The lynch mob on here were going to say he was terrible regardless. There were certainly a lot more inconsistencies in the defence's evidence which is to be expected as there were 4 of them and everyone was drunk. There are enough gaps and contradictions between the girl's evidence and her earlier statements for PJ and Olding to almost certainly get off though. I thought she did sound coached in some of her comments. "I utterly refute everything you have just said" struck me as an unnatural response from a 19 year old but then she can hardly say "you're full of shit" in court either.

seafoid

The whole circus is sordid. All the lies and ass covering. Even if the 4 are acquitted that won't change.

Jackson reminds me of this song
https://youtu.be/Tk7H6azPCa8

"I took her clothes off and I played with her bits
And she did the same but it took ages for me to come
Too drunk and getting old"

I came across a video of him on the Japan tour where he talks about being one of the older heads and how it is great to see Jacob getting his chance

https://youtu.be/v7C5WZubYQU

Life moves on for everyone else. Stockdale got 7 tries. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 21, 2018, 05:20:25 AM
I havent seen the media comment on whether he was good or bad. The lynch mob on here were going to say he was terrible regardless. There were certainly a lot more inconsistencies in the defence's evidence which is to be expected as there were 4 of them and everyone was drunk. There are enough gaps and contradictions between the girl's evidence and her earlier statements for PJ and Olding to almost certainly get off though. I thought she did sound coached in some of her comments. "I utterly refute everything you have just said" struck me as an unnatural response from a 19 year old but then she can hardly say "you're full of shit" in court either.

I did hear a rumour her parents work in the field - dad either a judge or barrister and mum a solicitor.  (could be b*llshit though)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 21, 2018, 08:39:21 AM

I did hear a rumour her parents work in the field - dad either a judge or barrister and mum a solicitor.  (could be b*llshit though)

Heard medical and uncle was a a barrister, could be bullshit and wouldnt make a pile of difference, she answered very well and the guys didnt, its just down to the jury
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

It is. 

There's no doubt she was coached.  So were the defendants, after all Harrison's father is a solicitor ("Dad will know what to say").  If that's not coaching from the get-go...

seafoid

The defendants all had stupid tweets / messages they had to explain/disown.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TabClear

Quote from: AQMP on March 21, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

It is. 

There's no doubt she was coached.  So were the defendants, after all Harrison's father is a solicitor ("Dad will know what to say").  If that's not coaching from the get-go...

In my view solicitors on both sides would not be doing their job properly if they were not "coaching" their clients on how to respond. Coaching can only take you so far though,  It was clear from the IPs testimony that she is a highly articulate, intelligent girl (I think she is a medical student?) and that will resonate with the jury. The defendants not so much.

Hound

Dunno about that, but she came across as extremely well coached. She had pre-prepared lines for whenever she was accused of an inconsistency or whenever the defense lawyers were stating or implying something she disagreed with. She seemed to elaborate whenever she could, rather than sticking to Yes/No answers. Overall it seemed to me that she had a confident and coherent answer for pretty much every single question asked. The exact way I'd want to be if I was being questioned in court.

I've no doubt Jackson came across well. Anytime he's been interviewed he comes across as very likeable. Whether you believe the message is another story.
The issue with all the lads testimonies was the inconsistencies. I think the difference between Jackson and Olding could probably be explained by drink. McIlroy is pure fantasy! It would seem that there was never a time when the 4 lads and the 4 (or more) lawyers got in a room to come up with a strategy. Unless the strategy was to come up with 4 independent strategies!

Milltown Row2

when will the jury get to decide on this? after today?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2018, 09:15:19 AM

Olding, McIlroy and Harrison's barristers haven't summed up yet.  There's that to be done and then the judge's direction to the jury.  Not sure how long all that will take.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on March 21, 2018, 09:18:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2018, 09:15:19 AM

Olding, McIlroy and Harrison's barristers haven't summed up yet.  There's that to be done and then the judge's direction to the jury.  Not sure how long all that will take.

McIlroy and Harrison's barristers will have to earn their crust I'd say, Hearing prices of over £300,000 for just one of the defendants has paid for legal fees.....