2018 GAA Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 23, 2017, 09:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Club 51

So the GAA season tickets will be up for renewals shortly. Price has increased again this year, Adults €120 and Juveniles to €30. Club + remains at €200.

Farrandeelin

€120! Effing hell. Not renewing. Won't make all games in 18 anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Seems like they're doing their best to get people off this altogether. Why they'd want that is beyond me though

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Itchy

Do the sums for a div 3 or div 4 team.

Syferus

Unless you're full sure you're making the AI final the rigidity these season tickets aren't worth it. I brought a bunch of my friends who'd never went to Croke Park to the drawn AIQF this year and if I had a season ticket I'd have been stuck in a different section to them all.

I think preferential ticketing should be bundled into fundraising memberships like Club Rossie or the like - I know a whole lot of Club Rossie members who would have loved to attend the U17 AI final this year but the tickets the county did get were just sold on a first come first serve basis and not even offered to the people who actually bankroll the whole endeavour.

But of course that'd involve joined up thinking and the GAA doesn't do that..

mayo.mick

Quote from: Syferus on October 23, 2017, 10:27:53 PM
Unless you're full sure you're making the AI final the rigidity these season tickets aren't worth it. I brought a bunch of my friends who'd never went to Croke Park to the drawn AIQF this year and if I had a season ticket I'd have been stuck in a different section to them all.

I think preferential ticketing should be bundled into fundraising memberships like Club Rossie or the like - I know a whole lot of Club Rossie members who would have loved to attend the U17 AI final this year but the tickets the county did get were just sold on a first come first serve basis and not even offered to the people who actually bankroll the whole endeavour.

You have the "Bring a friend" option with the season ticket for Croke Park, as long as you've only got 5 friends
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

€120!!!! are they fkn mad?  >:(
7 NFL games and an average of 3 Championship games for the majority of teams.
I presume they want to kill this thing off.
I'll hardly be renewing it at that price unless NFL prices are going up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Quote from: Rossfan on October 23, 2017, 11:21:01 PM
€120!!!! are they fkn mad?  >:(
7 NFL games and an average of 3 Championship games for the majority of teams.
I presume they want to kill this thing off.
I'll hardly be renewing it at that price unless NFL prices are going up.

The first time they increased it to €85, they brought in the early pre purchase league tickets for €10. Must be going to reduce them further to €5 with this latest price gouging of season tickets.
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

If we don't make the last 8 I'd have no interest in a "specially discounted ticket" for 3 games involving other Counties.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 23, 2017, 10:34:38 PM

You have the "Bring a friend" option with the season ticket for Croke Park, as long as you've only got 5 friends

And end up sitting in the Davin Stand? No thanks. When the season ticket was introduced it was good value and rewarded those who used it with great tickets in the middle of the Cusack. When the bring a friend option was introduced you got tickets on the 45. No value left in it anymore unless you're from Dublin or Mayo and want a guaranteed ticket for the final. Value went when they put €14 on it a couple of years ago, with another €20 on it they are gouging the true supporter now. Plus they increased ticket prices for the AI quarter and semi finals last year, Duffy is leaving some legacy for himself.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mayo.mick

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 24, 2017, 09:59:24 AM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 23, 2017, 10:34:38 PM

And end up sitting in the Davin Stand? No thanks. When the season ticket was introduced it was good value and rewarded those who used it with great tickets in the middle of the Cusack. When the bring a friend option was introduced you got tickets on the 45. No value left in it anymore unless you're from Dublin or Mayo and want a guaranteed ticket for the final. Value went when they put €14 on it a couple of years ago, with another €20 on it they are gouging the true supporter now. Plus they increased ticket prices for the AI quarter and semi finals last year, Duffy is leaving some legacy for himself.

Add in the reduction of league tickets to 10 yoyos if bought before hand. Id forgotton too, they charge us 3 euro for postage. Greed it is, pure greed.
*Nothing beats being there*
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

Are League prices going up next year or will the in advance reduction still apply?
This year thanks to Donie Smith getting us a replay v the Rhubarbs my season ticket saved me THREE EURO!!!!.
I'll buy a bageen o' sweets to celebrate.

Cunny Funt

From €75 when it was introduced in 2009 to €120 now is ridiculous increase in a short space of time. I presume the reason for it is because of the "money spinning" super 8 games will be set you back €105 is you wanted to go all 3 games.

rosnarun

I've been saying it for years  there are strong voices in The gaa against this scheme I would suspect its at provincial level or an attempt to get every one to buy the €200 ticket
It has worked out for mayo Kerry and Dublin supporters in the last few years with ALF access but there seem to be little else going for it .
I will be renewing but its getting harder and harder to justify

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere