Kevin MyArse gets found out

Started by armaghniac, July 30, 2017, 03:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I see the delightful Kevin Myers is in some hot water as he published an article in the Sunday Times claiming that the BBC's best paid female presenters were paid more as they were Jewish. The Sundays Times has now pulled the article. This might or might not be a major thing, but he denied the Holocaust in the Indo 8 years ago, that article has now disappeared also.

And let me say that I have no time people critical of Isreali policies being regard as "anti-Semitic", that is bollix, but as the recent thread on concentration camps indicated you cannot deny the basic events in WW2.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

red hander

Slap it up the ballix. Him, Ugly Edwards, Harris, O'Hanlon and O'Doherty are the unflushable turds of Irish journalism, one trick ponies droning on about the same subjects ad infinitum  ::)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2017, 03:04:29 PM
I see the delightful Kevin Myers is in some hot water as he published an article in the Sunday Times claiming that the BBC's best paid female presenters were paid more as they were Jewish. The Sundays Times has now pulled the article. This might or might not be a major thing, but he denied the Holocaust in the Indo 8 years ago, that article has now disappeared also.

And let me say that I have no time people critical of Isreali policies being regard as "anti-Semitic", that is bollix, but as the recent thread on concentration camps indicated you cannot deny the basic events in WW2.

The important point of this incident lies beyond Meyers in that the Times published the article on its website and only removed when noticed by others. Editors were happy to have an idiot produce the story and then blame him when they got their anti BBC and anti Semitic point across. The site has a pay wall hence not noticed earlier. Easy to apologise for mistake in publishing when the seed has been planted in the minds of many willing to think it might be true.

bennydorano

It's in today's Sunday Times paper version so wiping the website isn't going to achieve much, unless it's a different version.

red hander

According to RTE, Sunday Times has sacked the clown

imtommygunn

Yep sacked.

Same as mackenzie you have to question the whole paper setup for letting the article through.

Scumbags will write what they are allowed to write.

gallsman

Sack the author, fair enough. What about the editorial team that ran it ffs?!

Shamrock Shore

Astonishing the stuff we wrote week after week that was putrid nonsense. Who also can forget his writings about his time in Belfast in the 70s riding the wives of on-the-run IRA lads.

Complete and utter ballbag.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 30, 2017, 06:30:46 PM
Astonishing the stuff we wrote week after week that was putrid nonsense. Who also can forget his writings about his time in Belfast in the 70s riding the wives of on-the-run IRA lads.

Myers is obnoxious and offensive but it is interesting that it was an article about Jews that brought him down. Not something about Muslims or women or itinerants. You can't say anything about Jews and money. Even if it is true
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2017, 08:50:19 PM

Myers is obnoxious and offensive but it is interesting that it was an article about Jews that brought him down. Not something about Muslims or women or itinerants. You can't say anything about Jews and money. Even if it is true

Are you Kevin Myers?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2017, 03:04:29 PM

Taken down but not exterminated.

https://twitter.com/SamDiss/status/891594833298685953/photo/1

BennyCake

Spot on. Jews in particular.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on July 30, 2017, 09:18:23 PM

Anything about jews and money?
You're a pair of right dimwits. :D
Exactly what did Myers say about Jews and money that was right?

Itchy

Can't stand the Cnut. However I read the famous article where he claims to be a holocaust denier. It's not as bad as it sounds, he was just being pedantic about the language. Today's article was much worse. How does the editor escape with his job?

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2017, 09:47:31 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 30, 2017, 09:18:23 PM

Anything about jews and money?
You're a pair of right dimwits. :D
Exactly what did Myers say about Jews and money that was right?

Well, re: holocaust. Why is it a crime in certain countries to deny it? Even if you're not cynical, that speaks volumes.