Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Step right up folks, place your bets now!
Who is feeling cocky, and who is afraid?

the top 6 are really pulling away from the rest according to the bookies- See below the pricing from Ger Power's big brother Pat.

Man City 15/8 
Man Utd 10/3 
Chelsea 7/2 
Tottenham 9/1 
Liverpool 11/1 
Arsenal 11/1 
Everton 70/1
Leicester 250/1
Southampton 250/1
Stoke 500/1
Newcastle 500/1
Crystal Palace 500/1
West Ham 500/1
West Brom 750/1
Brighton 750/1
Bournemouth 750/1
Swansea 750/1
Burnley 1000/1
Watford 1000/1
Huddersfield 2500/1
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Top 4
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man United

Relegated
Brighton
Huddersfield
Swansea
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Esmarelda

It's intriguing as always. City seem to have gone mad with attacking players but have serious issues at the back. Is Pep going to discard the traditional full-back role as he seemed to do last year? Are they good enough at the back to actually win it?

I'm unconvinced about Lukaku against tight defences so the jury is still out on United too. Will Miki and Pogba improve much from their first season? Will they keep De Gea?

Spurs's ability to handle playing away from WHL is an obvious question. I don't think Arsenal or Liverpool will challenge.

I'm interested to see how Leicester, Watford and Palace do under their new managers. I fear for Bilic at West Ham and I think Everton will be mid-table with their new signings and European football to consider. Also keen to see how Bournemouth do with Defoe and Ake added.

I'll take a guess at United for the title.

magpie seanie

Top 4
United
City
Chelsea
Spurs

Relegated
Swansea
Burnley
Huddersfield

thewobbler

It'll be similar to last year, although I'm hoping that Chelsea's European involvement might see them dropping a few more points and giving everyone else a target in the spring.

That's got to be the first time I've ever seen either Liverpool or Arsenal behind Spurs in the odds. Personally I don't think Wembley is going to be Spurs' big issue so much as keeping their "poor underpaid" players focused unless they start the season with a bang.

Man Utd should improve in last year but so far all they've really done is replace a lazy goal machine with another lazy goal machine. That won't fix their creativity problems.

dclane

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 19, 2017, 05:07:27 PM

I'll take a guess at United for the title.
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 19, 2017, 05:21:23 PM
Top 4
United
City
Chelsea
Spurs

Rafa is good lads but I can't see him winning the title with Newcastle.

Cunny Funt

Top 4
Man City
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea

Relegated
Brighton
Huddersfield
Bournemouth

Captain Scarlet

So much depends on whether or not Chelsea get their hands on a serious replacement for Costa. Seeing the stats they are the best counterattacking team around so they might not need a direct Costa type player to replace.
The new MF guy who I am too lazy to spell right now should form a serious barrier with Kante so the top three will have even more freedom.
City are after another right back in Danilo, but have yet to shore up the centre or left side of defence. Plus their keeper might need time to settle.
Liverpool need more solidity too. Arsenal could do their usual along the way if they keep Sanchez.

United and Spurs are like Chelsea in that they have the most solid bases from the back to build on. Still need a serious man beisde or as back-up for Kane mind.

I think it will be (but it's a toss-up for now until the window shuts)
Chelsea
United
City
Spurs

I would expect that Brighton and Huddersfield will go right back down and West Ham have potential to fall apart as well.

I think Everton are a bit off the pace. Bournemouth could shake up the chasing pack a bit if Josh King has the same form and in fairness a lot of their season went dodgy when Ake went back to Chelsea. Begovic is a very good keeper. Defoe will get goals and they have a solid outfit overall. A team I would like to see do well.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ziggy90

Where are Arseton Vile in the betting?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

seafoid

Liverpool don't have enough money. Tottenham won't spend any money. Arsenal have Wenger. Man Utd are still lost.
So probably between Chelsea and Man City .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Boycey

Man City have now spent £200m including over £100m on 2 full backs and nobody bats an eyelid

seafoid

Quote from: Boycey on July 24, 2017, 03:04:05 PM
Man City have now spent £200m including over £100m on 2 full backs and nobody bats an eyelid
It's all about money. Has been for 25 years

Before the EPL Man U won 7 titles.
They won 13 of the next 25 .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tiempo

£133m on 3 full backs, £220m in total i heard on the radio this morning. The whole thing exists in a bubble and no-one seems to mind. Gary Lineker on £40k pw (all year) to piddle around in a studio talking footy for an hour a week for a few Saturdays. I don't care what the man sitting next to me in the office earns and good luck to anyone worth their big bucks but some of the money washed through football is criminal - literally. Linekar is stealing a living.

screenexile

United have spent £160m on just 2 players in the last 2 years . . . why is what City are doing any different?!

ashman

Serious question .

How can any one take the serious anymore , particularly here in Ireland .