Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 04, 2018, 11:58:47 AM
Yesterday's comments came from Peter Bone MP. You would walk a long mile before finding a more vile creature.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bone

Sven's twin?

Hereiam

Here is how i see what is happening with brexit
-England leave with a no deal. EU gets nothing
-England are positioning themselves to operate as an off shore financial facility where the worlds money willflow through with no interference from Europe.
-England will cut corporation tax to 12.5% and things will start tò move and investments will come in
-Europe will come lookin a trade deal with the UK
-Ireland will have a border and we go to war again.

England is playing a very clever game here using the media to their full advantage.

Hardy

Quote from: Hereiam on August 06, 2018, 11:35:38 PM
-England are positioning themselves to operate as an off shore financial facility where the worlds money willflow through with no interference from Europe.
-England will cut corporation tax to 12.5% and things will start tò move and investments will come in

England is playing a very clever game here using the media to their full advantage.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hereiam on August 06, 2018, 11:35:38 PM

This lad thinks different and I'm not talking about James O'Brien;

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/expert-schools-james-obrien-on-brexit-facts/?__twitter_impression=true

Rossfan

Great response from the Brits for companies trading across the border - "Ask the Irish Government"
You couldn't make it up :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

I don't think Brexit is going to happen. Maybe if the OECD economies were growing  at 4% it might be possible but Europe is stagnating and the EU won't concede much to a competitor.  Plus the UK is trína chéile , polarised and may be looking at no deal which would be suicidal. Brexit makes no sense given the context.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hereiam

Trump as president made no sense either

Orior

Quote from: Rossfan on August 24, 2018, 10:47:42 AM
Great response from the Brits for companies trading across the border - "Ask the Irish Government"

In essence, the british are saying they don't know how brexit will affect you paddies in the six county colony

I find this totally unbelievable.

Why is the other local parties not up in arms?

Why are the media not descending on the DUP about this?

What are the DUP and Jim Allister saying about this?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

haranguerer

I'm thinking it won't happen either. I think swathes really are changing their minds, and if there is broad support for a new vote it will happen. Its becoming abundantly clear that the best possible scenario still leaves the UK in a significantly worse position.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on August 24, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

In essence, the british are saying they don't know how brexit will affect you paddies in the six county colony

I find this totally unbelievable.

Why is the other local parties not up in arms?

Why are the media not descending on the DUP about this?

What are the DUP and Jim Allister saying about this?
The DUP are taking a Fianna Fáil approach. The Brexit boom is getting boomier. Anyone who doesn't agree should commit suicide. Jaysus Chrisht ! We had no idea it would happen. If we knew then what we knew now obviously we would have acted differently. A tragedy in 4 acts
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

The DUP are saying something....

Let's build a bridge to scotland for 15 billion quid! (No this is not made up)

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on August 24, 2018, 11:01:00 AM
I don't think Brexit is going to happen. Maybe if the OECD economies were growing  at 4% it might be possible but Europe is stagnating and the EU won't concede much to a competitor.  Plus the UK is trína chéile , polarised and may be looking at no deal which would be suicidal. Brexit makes no sense given the context.

You are discounting the great British (political) stubbornness; realistically, the only way it can't happen in some form is to have another referendum and neither Tories or Labour would want to be seen backing that. They'd sooner send the nation to hell in a hand cart rather than swallow their pride.

maddog

Is that supposed to be a hint to the DUP

Insane Bolt

Nigel to form a new party and rally all the little englanders to carry a no deal Brexit. Taking back control......they haven't a f**king clue.