Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Which is perfect when you live outside the UK  ;)

Dougal Maguire

I got an android box but have found it difficult to set up as the remote is quite hard to use. Can I use a genetic wireless keyboard instead? If so is it straightforward to pair.  The IPTV epg doesn't look as good as the ZGemma.
Careful now

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 23, 2017, 08:22:06 PM
I got an android box but have found it difficult to set up as the remote is quite hard to use. Can I use a genetic wireless keyboard instead? If so is it straightforward to pair.  The IPTV epg doesn't look as good as the ZGemma.

I use the Android TV remote App on my phone to work my way around the Nvidia.

gallsman

I don't think that will work with the standard Chinese android boxes that most people get off Amazon. They just run Android ported onto a box whereas the Shield actually runs Android TV.

Dougal, I'm surprised your box didn't come with one but you can buy a Bluetooth keyboard cheap enough, assuming your box has a USB port to take it.

gallsman

Set my IPTV up using Perfect Player this evening. Definitely preferable to Kodi although will take a while to get used to navigating the channel groups. Haven't quite got the EPG working yet.

galwayman

Quote from: gallsman on December 24, 2017, 12:55:46 AM
Set my IPTV up using Perfect Player this evening. Definitely preferable to Kodi although will take a while to get used to navigating the channel groups. Haven't quite got the EPG working yet.
I have it on a Vu+ box and also on the fire tv stick with Perfecf Player.
The Vu+ box experience is nice and smooth.
Finding the interface of Perfect Player a pain tho I have to say.

Itchy

I use Mag 256 box. Designed for iptv. Much superior to any satellite box I've used and very easy to set up and navigate. They cost around 80 euro I think.

heffo

Quote from: gallsman on December 23, 2017, 09:29:01 AM
Kodi will be absolutely fine. It's great software.

It's the various illegal (and highly useful!) add ons that can come and go like the wind.

Haven't used my box in months, updated it to 16 there - what Add ons for tv/films are still working?

Cheers..

MoChara

Quote from: heffo on January 15, 2018, 07:22:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 23, 2017, 09:29:01 AM
Kodi will be absolutely fine. It's great software.

It's the various illegal (and highly useful!) add ons that can come and go like the wind.

Haven't used my box in months, updated it to 16 there - what Add ons for tv/films are still working?

Cheers..

I don't even use Kodi any more best thing is to download the terrarium tv App, or use Showbox/Megabox.

snoopdog

I'm using sportsdonkey via kodi at moment. Anyone know if eirsport is available on it. I've looked but can't find it. Be handy for the league on Saturday nights. Also anyone know if there is an android app for sportsdonkey I used to use one for sportsmania.

Don Johnson

What's everyone using at the minute?

We had a zGemma box running ipTV for the last year or so. Working grand then the sub ran out last week. Messaged the fella on FB and he was getting on like the IT guy from the Office, being a sarky bastard. Said that the zGemmas don't work anymore. Think he was trying to get me to buy a newer box off him but the way he was getting on I thought he could go f**k himself.

So what's the options now? We have two firesticks in the house that we always used for box sets, films etc. Can I get IPTV on these and watch live TV streamed?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 02, 2018, 09:49:28 AM

We had a zGemma box running ipTV for the last year or so. Working grand then the sub ran out last week. Messaged the fella on FB and he was getting on like the IT guy from the Office, being a sarky b**tard. Said that the zGemmas don't work anymore. Think he was trying to get me to buy a newer box off him but the way he was getting on I thought he could go f**k himself.

So what's the options now? We have two firesticks in the house that we always used for box sets, films etc. Can I get IPTV on these and watch live TV streamed?

I've a 3 zgemma boxes in the house, all working 110% on iptv!

aontroim

Can the Zgemma boxes pause/rewind/record etc from IPTV?  Also so they have a better EPG than the SmartIPTV app?

Don Johnson

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 02, 2018, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on February 02, 2018, 09:49:28 AM

We had a zGemma box running ipTV for the last year or so. Working grand then the sub ran out last week. Messaged the fella on FB and he was getting on like the IT guy from the Office, being a sarky b**tard. Said that the zGemmas don't work anymore. Think he was trying to get me to buy a newer box off him but the way he was getting on I thought he could go f**k himself.

I've a 3 zgemma boxes in the house, all working 110% on iptv!

I know, I had a feeling he was talking shite. Didn't like his attitude anyway, few times before I had issues and you would think it was the end of the world asking him.

FermGael

I have a zgemma and working great but there were blocks in place for the mid week football games.
I think a vpn is going to have to be looked at....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered