Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

We have 7 wedding's  this year, none of them were on a Saturday. 2 on a Thursday and 5 friday weddings, 14 days pay(between both of us) gone on top of presents and having to get your work done to get the time off.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: sensethetone on October 03, 2014, 07:05:56 AM
We have 7 wedding's  this year, none of them were on a Saturday. 2 on a Thursday and 5 friday weddings, 14 days pay(between both of us) gone on top of presents and having to get your work done to get the time off.

You are allowed to say no ye know!!!

Brick Tamlin

This is a thread ive been waiting on to appear for some time now.
F**k away off ta f**k with your weddings for friends, relatives and work colleagues that we have absolutely no interaction with nor have any connection to. Im not going!
Anyone attending more than a couple weddings a year needs their head read unless they are all close family or friends. 7 weddings in a year is ridiculous. Have a few rows and lose a few friends and then ye wont be invited to as many. As BC1 said, you can say NO to the invite. Its allowed ye know!!!

I absolutely abhor weddings unless they are for close friend or family. They are a racket and a nuisance and an orgy of materialistic bullshite. Who can outdo who, who can get spend the most money, throw the most lavish gig, get the most expensive band on the planet (and them shit too), have the most bridesmaids.
Whatever happened to weddings that were simple and stripped back and actually about the 2 people and their nearest and dearest and about the occasion. Nowadays, everyone from the village idiot to the lollipop lady gets an invite...and mother-in-laws!!!!...don't start me on them. They are root of the problem in all this...spawn of the devil when it comes to weddings.

98% of Women are a f**kin terra when it comes to weddings and they need to wind their necks in. Its a rigmarole to get out the door to attend a wedding never mind a clean f**kin fortune. Fake tan, makeup, hair, outfit etc..Christ alive. Why don't they believe ye when you tell them that they don't need the full slap of make up or that they aren't meant to be orange tango-tastic and that it cheapens them. Why cant they listen when ye say that orange knuckles and orange ankles etc really make ye look like a t**ker-queen. I despair.

johnneycool

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 10:35:45 AM
F**k away off ta f**k with your weddings for friends, relatives and work colleagues that we have absolutely no interaction with nor have any connection to. Im not going!
Anyone attending more than a couple weddings a year needs their head read unless they are all close family or friends. 7 weddings in a year is ridiculous. Have a few rows and lose a few friends and then ye wont be invited to as many. As BC1 said, you can say NO to the invite. Its allowed ye know!!!

I absolutely abhor weddings unless they are for close friend or family. They are a racket and a nuisance and an orgy of materialistic bullshite. Who can outdo who, who can get spend the most money, throw the most lavish gig, get the most expensive band on the planet (and them shit too), have the most bridesmaids.
Whatever happened to weddings that were simple and stripped back and actually about the 2 people and their nearest and dearest and about the occasion. Nowadays, everyone from the village idiot to the lollipop lady gets an invite...and mother-in-laws!!!!...don't start me on them. They are root of the problem in all this...spawn of the devil when it comes to weddings.

98% of Women are a f**kin terra when it comes to weddings and they need to wind their necks in. Its a rigmarole to get out the door to attend a wedding never mind a clean f**kin fortune. Fake tan, makeup, hair, outfit etc..Christ alive. Why don't they believe ye when you tell them that they don't need the full slap of make up or that they aren't meant to be orange tango-tastic and that it cheapens them. Why cant they listen when ye say that orange knuckles and orange ankles etc really make ye look like a t**ker-queen. I despair.

Brilliant Brick, get it off yer chest, good man.

Another thing thats taken root down our way is the day after party where yet another band will be booked to play in the afternoon of a local hostelry with the ladies requiring yet another outfit.

Feckin photo booths, candy carts and whatever bollox will they come up with next to part a fool from their money.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 10:35:45 AM

any chance this post could be stickied Mods :)

Brick Tamlin

I even hate the f**kin word outfit now, and id say its because of the connotations associated with weddings.
Outift ma hole!!!. The country is cowped and all people care about is their 'outfit'.
Women have little to be at.
And if men are buyin into this sh!te too then there is something wrong.
Now don't get me wrong I groom now and again, wash, shave, etc, but for any man that's making himself browner by either rubbin brown stuff into his skin or by lying under a UV human-sized toaster, well then he should be strung up by his buster browns.

Bingo

Only one thing worse than a woman planning on going to a wedding and that's grumpy feckers complaining about weddings. Have a listen to yourself FFS.

Go or don't go, very easy decision.

I'd a fierce run of weddings over a few years but you know what, they cost money but I enjoyed each and every one of them. A days drinking with family or friends and people you see less and less of. Couldn't beat it with a big stick.

seafoid

Looking at the jersey swapping that goes on after GAA matches it is highly likely that the natural skin colour of Irish women is not orange.

There's a lot of pressure on them to conform and orange makeup fills a weakness that has been exploited by the forces of commerce. It's hard to imagine that even 20 years ago most women did not know how lacking they were in this department.   

Weddings need a makeover anyway
As Clare Balding asked

"How many women do you hear speaking at marriages? Still. How many women speak? You get father of the bride, best man, husband. Where are the women? Oh, they're bridesmaids, lovely, let's give them a present." And daub them in orange

Brick Tamlin

I heard a bridesmaid talk at a weddin once and to be fair she should have kept her arse on the seat.
Grabbed the microphone like it was the last rolo in the packet and proceeded to be unwitty and dull.

Bingo, my post may have seemed like a lot of grumbling but its been playing on my mind for some time so I sorta unloaded.
Plus a lot of it I think is true and I really feel its an area of society where we have lost the run of ourselves in.
Nobody is bemoaning meeting up with mates and having a few sociable jars and a laugh etc but its rather the shite that's attached to such occasions by none other than who?..WOMEN!!

I think I actually enjoy the beers better at a family funeral (post burial) when the stories are told and the craic does be good. Usually.
Ye don't see the fillies pinkifying themselves and running to tango themselves to within an inch of their lives for those occasions do ye

Bingo

Brick, ye must have married the wrong woman or have no control over the one ya have  ;)

laoislad

Excellent post brick and I completely agree.

I detest weddings.I don't mind a family wedding as usually you know everyone at it but I hate having to make small talk with some fcuker sitting next to me at a table who I'll will most likely never see again.

The fcukers that send you a wedding gift list with the invitation are the worst cnuts off all IMO.
It also annoys me getting a thank you card with a picture of their ugly mugs kissing or dancing on it..what the fcuk am I suppose to do with that? Put a picture of a couple shifting up on my mantlepiece? go away to fcuk.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Brick Tamlin

Wrong on both accounts chief.
I married a stunner. Snagged her with wit, charm and charisma.
I don't feel the need to control her. Sure I bought her a Dyson last year and she loves me even more now.
Winner. This xmas will be a challenge though.

My rant wasn't just specifically related to my own wife but women in general.

Id love to her a female perspective on this to balance to argument up.

haranguerer

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2014, 11:48:51 AM

I detest weddings.I don't mind a family wedding as usually you know everyone at it but I hate having to make small talk with some fcuker sitting next to me at a table who I'll will most likely never see again.

The fcukers that send you a wedding gift list with the invitation are the worst cnuts off all IMO.
It also annoys me getting a thank you card with a picture of their ugly mugs kissing or dancing on it..what the fcuk am I suppose to do with that? Put a picture of a couple shifting up on my mantlepiece? go away to fcuk.

Throw it in the bin like the rest of us

seafoid

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 11:30:05 AM
I heard a bridesmaid talk at a weddin once and to be fair she should have kept her arse on the seat.
Grabbed the microphone like it was the last rolo in the packet and proceeded to be unwitty and dull.

Bingo, my post may have seemed like a lot of grumbling but its been playing on my mind for some time so I sorta unloaded.
Plus a lot of it I think is true and I really feel its an area of society where we have lost the run of ourselves in.
Nobody is bemoaning meeting up with mates and having a few sociable jars and a laugh etc but its rather the shite that's attached to such occasions by none other than who?..WOMEN!!

I think I actually enjoy the beers better at a family funeral (post burial) when the stories are told and the craic does be good. Usually.
Ye don't see the fillies pinkifying themselves and running to tango themselves to within an inch of their lives for those occasions do ye
no grumbling. Just a great post Brick. you have obviously thought a lot about the subject.

laoislad

Quote from: haranguerer on October 03, 2014, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2014, 11:48:51 AM

Throw it in the bin like the rest of us

I do. But why send the thing in the first place? What do they think you are going to do with it.
Same as someone sending a thank you card for a gift for a new baby..why the fcuk would I want a card with a picture of someone elses baby?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.