Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

My wife once bought 6 dresses for 1 wedding as she couldn't decide what to wear. I didn't even attempt to reason with her.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Brick Tamlin

DIVORCE
That's a women that needs taken in hand.

Hereiam

Its not even weddings Brick. Myself and herself decided to go out last sat nite with friends as we didn't get to do anything for the wedding anniversary. Now I have no issue with the actual going out but it was the getting ready, it actually started on the Friday evening with the tan and the room stinkin of it. Next morning it needed to be washed of and touched up etc ( I don't know) then it was going to get the makeup done and then most of the afternoon deciding what to wear.
Which left me looking after the children when I had a shit load of things to do on the farm.
I will not be caught again let me tell you.

muppet

Must say I enjoyed most of the weddings I've been at. Thankfully I don't get 7 a year these days.

I was at 3 in 3 years held abroad, which were all great. A mini-holiday with family/friends all off on the batter together. Great craic. But they were smaller than usual because not everyone can get the time off, or afford a holiday just to attend a wedding. But everyone would understand that. Whatever it was, everything seemed more relaxed.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

On the tan issue - why do women need to look like they have fallen into a bucket of custard? Can their mates or mothers not have a word and tell them how ridiculous they look.

Seen photos lately of a night out my niece had a few weeks ago. All caked up like geishas or something. But one of her mates, 19 or 20, absolutely beautiful girl, looked a mess. Like she had her make up applied with Homer's make up gun. There was no need for her to have anything other than the lips and eyes done. I didn't even recognise her. Why do they feel that this is attractive or what men find attractive? Jesus it was brutal.

haranguerer

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2014, 11:55:49 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on October 03, 2014, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2014, 11:48:51 AM
Excellent post brick and I completely agree.

I detest weddings.I don't mind a family wedding as usually you know everyone at it but I hate having to make small talk with some fcuker sitting next to me at a table who I'll will most likely never see again.

The fcukers that send you a wedding gift list with the invitation are the worst cnuts off all IMO.
It also annoys me getting a thank you card with a picture of their ugly mugs kissing or dancing on it..what the fcuk am I suppose to do with that? Put a picture of a couple shifting up on my mantlepiece? go away to fcuk.

Throw it in the bin like the rest of us

I do. But why send the thing in the first place? What do they think you are going to do with it.
Same as someone sending a thank you card for a gift for a new baby..why the fcuk would I want a card with a picture of someone elses baby?

Personally, if I've fired someone a ball of money for a wedding present, then I think its only manners for them to acknowledge it. And if they're going to do so, then it makes sense for them to do so with a personalised card, do you not think?

AZOffaly

I think the thank you card is grand. It acknowledges that you've taken the trouble to send them a present, or attend, and they are taking the trouble to thank you for it.

As regards the personalised cards, I wouldn't be mad on them. The old cream card with Thank You embossed on the front does the job I think.

I'd say you love the Christmas Cards that come out with the whole family dressed in Christmas jumpers, or at Santa :)

muppet

The best way to deal with the fake tan nonsense is to announce that you are getting it done as well, on the same day, together like.

I did this once and fake tan has never been mentioned again.

MWWSI 2017

mikehunt

Mentioned this thread to the Mrs and she can't understand why anyone would bother with fake tan. She got it done once and hated the smell and dirt of it. As regards our wedding she said she couldn't be bothered with the expense and hassle so we eloped and married out foreign without telling anyone. She comes from a big family and they were disappointed so she decided to try and organise a night out to celebrate when we got back. After trying and failing to suit everyone she eventually lost it one day and shouted "is it any wonder we got married abroad". Reading all these posts she could be right in saying I'm a lucky man.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 03, 2014, 12:47:20 PM
I think the thank you card is grand. It acknowledges that you've taken the trouble to send them a present, or attend, and they are taking the trouble to thank you for it.

As regards the personalised cards, I wouldn't be mad on them. The old cream card with Thank You embossed on the front does the job I think.

I'd say you love the Christmas Cards that come out with the whole family dressed in Christmas jumpers, or at Santa :)

Brick and the family;

Brick Tamlin

I love for a female member of this board to come and explain or try and rationalise why they do these things. Genuinely.
Heriam I feel your pain. You need to give them a fortnight notice these days if ye wanna get a bite to eat of a Tuesday evening somewhere local.
Ever think by the time they have went through the ritual of getting ready that it somewhat dilutes the experience and pisses all over what should been a stress-free evening.

Walter Cronc

I think its a country thing lads (or maybe an Irish thing). In the cities in England or the States women are as happy to grab a bite to eat or drink in a pair of jeans and a sweater!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 01:00:19 PM
I love for a female member of this board to come and explain or try and rationalise why they do these things. Genuinely.

There are only about 2 women on this board,  this is very much an alpha board!!!!

Maybe I am blessed but when she and me go out (which is not that often but will increase significantly now that BC1 junior is babysitting age  ;D) she will hmm and haa about what to wear but no fake tan, no big issue about the hairdressers etc.  We are both of the opinion that what other people think of us is none of our business so we please each other!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 03, 2014, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

There are only about 2 women on this board,  this is very much an alpha board!!!!

Maybe I am blessed but when she and me go out (which is not that often but will increase significantly now that BC1 junior is babysitting age  ;D) she will hmm and haa about what to wear but no fake tan, no big issue about the hairdressers etc.  We are both of the opinion that what other people think of us is none of our business so we please each other!!!
You could done with some make-up for your recent appearance on camera  :D

My mother-in-law is of the opinion that the bigger the wedding the less likely the couple will be happy. She thinks that spending shitloads of money puts a lot of pressure on the couple from day one and some women might expect that married life will be the bed of roses the wedding day was. There may be a grain of truth in that now but there seems to a trend towards lavish weddings that the couple expect the guests to fund through cash donations in lieu of the dinner services and suitcases of old.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 03, 2014, 12:47:20 PM

I don't mind getting a thank you card, I just don't want one with the two of them wearing the face off each other on the dance floor.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.