Why is there no ITV HD channel?

Started by bennydorano, June 02, 2013, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

They've ITV2, ITV3 & ITV4 all in HD, strange that the main channel isn't available in HD

gerrykeegan

There is. Watching brazil v England at the moment. It has to be added as other channel on sky platform
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Whats the details required gerry to add it plz

Captain Obvious

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on June 02, 2013, 09:42:09 PM
Whats the details required gerry to add it plz
On the Sky remote, press Services>Options>Add Channels>Select.  Enter the values 10936, V, 22000, 5/6.  Press yellow to 'find channels'.  On the resulting page highlight the first 'ITV 1 HD' & '3855' and press 'yellow' on each to store.  Press 'Select' when complete.

bennydorano

No good tony??  No signal found

bennydorano

playwiththewind1st

Can you get ITV1 in HD on Freesat? It's supposed to be available on Channel 119 but, even with automatic update, it's never uploaded.

comethekingdom

I have ITV1 HD on freesat this 3 yrs - channell 119. Have to say that the BBC HD stations Channel 4 or ITV stations on HD are not a patch on the picture quality of RTE2 HD. Dont know is there better reception from the saorview aeriel than the satellite signal

johnneycool

Quote from: comethekingdom on June 03, 2013, 08:45:05 PM
I have ITV1 HD on freesat this 3 yrs - channell 119. Have to say that the BBC HD stations Channel 4 or ITV stations on HD are not a patch on the picture quality of RTE2 HD. Dont know is there better reception from the saorview aeriel than the satellite signal

I've a freeview tuner built into my TV and the only HD channel that I can get is RTE2 that I'm aware of, is there any other Freeview HD channels?

comethekingdom

Quote from: johnneycool on June 04, 2013, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on June 03, 2013, 08:45:05 PM

I've a freeview tuner built into my TV and the only HD channel that I can get is RTE2 that I'm aware of, is there any other Freeview HD channels?

Its FREESAT not FREEVIEW - Dont know what available on the freeview.

armaghniac

QuoteI've a freeview tuner built into my TV and the only HD channel that I can get is RTE2 that I'm aware of, is there any other Freeview HD channels?

If you have a Freeview HD set (as distinct from a Saorview set) then you should get BBC HD etc, channel 100 I think (could be wrong on this, not near such a set now).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Samsung Smart TV comes with inbuilt freeview and  saorview, and as part of the package you get BBC1,BBC2,ITV1,CH 4 and RTE2 HD, absoluty free of charge