Why hang a Jack Russel?

Started by OakleafCounty, October 17, 2012, 08:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: The Iceman on October 17, 2012, 09:20:12 PM
what difference does it make to you what "passage I live by"? do you think I have the catechism papered in my bedroom?

No difference to me at all, it is just your varying view on a lot of threads with regards to religious observation.

On topics you agree with the catholic church you say you follow all teachings of the catholic church (naturalism, gay marriage etc), but this one you dont seem to be so sure on (wasnt there a cats thread also)

haveaharp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 17, 2012, 09:06:21 PM
theres nothing like going off the beaten path comparing eating turkeys, to hanging dogs, setting fire to dogs, throwing acid at dogs, lifting a cat and throwing it to the dogs. The reality is there more than a fair share of scumbags (for such a small island we got a dis portionally amount of scumbags) out there, and the law pretty lame to enforce any sort of penalties. personally  i hang the p***k of a tree for 20secs and see how he likes it. No fear of the law and lack of retribution along with borderline socialpath tendencies is the reason these things happen. Babies getting beat to death, a drunken man stabbing a woman in the head (gets 4yrs), society in general is literally away to the dogs. i never really heard of cruelty to animals on a scale we currently have. People value another person life so little, so hows an animal gotta fair against this type of person. As as been said here already, animal cruelty is the stepping stone to cruelty to people,and would need hit on the bud early on, we rather bitch about parades instead of tackling the problems which really affect our society.

Cruelty to animals is cruelty full stop and the person able to do it for fun is possibly one to watch. I am not a bleeding heart, i like fishing, i like shooting, but believe if you are not going to eat what you are trying to catch then dont be at it.

el_cuervo_fc

Does this behaviour count for pulling the wings off flies or holding a magnifying glass over an ant?

Do insects count in this?

I remember seeing one fella when I was younger catching a crow in his chicken coop then throwing a bag over it and kicking it and beating it with a stick. The same boy used to catch fish and put a banger down its mouth and blow it up.

OakleafCounty

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 18, 2012, 07:52:16 AM
Does this behaviour count for pulling the wings off flies or holding a magnifying glass over an ant?

I remember seeing one fella when I was younger catching a crow in his chicken coop then throwing a bag over it and kicking it and beating it with a stick. The same boy used to catch fish and put a banger down its mouth and blow it up.

I would say it's the same thing if not similar. There is no need to be pulling wings off a fly or blowing up a fish.

AZOffaly

If you pull the wings off a fly, should it not then be called a walk?

Sorry.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 18, 2012, 09:13:05 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 18, 2012, 07:52:16 AM

I would say it's the same thing if not similar. There is no need to be pulling wings off a fly or blowing up a fish.

What about killing a fly with a newspaper then?

Killing a mouse in a trap?

OakleafCounty

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 18, 2012, 09:37:04 AM

Completely different. It's humane and it's needed to be done.

Milltown Row2

Another thread that has lost the run of itself ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 18, 2012, 10:55:35 AM

How can you make that determination? Why is your final call on these animals any different to me killing cats (that I see as Vermin that are shitting all over my garden and causing possible danger to my children)?

@NI FAN I never said once it was ok to hang or torture a dog - I just pointed out that we are all guilty in one way or another of being part of some animal cruelty if we choose to look at it that way....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nifan

Quote from: The Iceman on October 18, 2012, 01:15:54 PM
@NI FAN I never said once it was ok to hang or torture a dog - I just pointed out that we are all guilty in one way or another of being part of some animal cruelty if we choose to look at it that way....

you said we cant choose which to cry over- but of course we can "cry" over mistreated while not over others

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Iceman on October 18, 2012, 01:15:54 PM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 18, 2012, 10:55:35 AM

How can you make that determination? Why is your final call on these animals any different to me killing cats (that I see as Vermin that are shitting all over my garden and causing possible danger to my children)?

For me, there are no hard and fast rules. I think the issue of motivation determines the rectitude of the action. In common or garden language, if you honestly feel that your action, or that of anyone else in a similar situation,, is justified, then I'd seriously consider exterminating those cats.
Feral cats are known to carry a large number of diseases and can be a health hazard for humans and domestic pets.I'd probably contact the DSPCA in my case and ask for advice and help if possible before I'd take any pre-emptive action and I'd try to deter the pests for entering my property with repellants of some sort before I'd consider killing the intruders.
However, in the case of the dog that was hanged, no such considerations exist. That was sadism, pure and simple.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Eamonnca1

Insects are just little robots, but I'd seriously worry about someone who gets pleasure from pulling them apart. Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer start his careers as a necrophiliac serial killer by being cruel to squirrels?

Iceman's attitude to cats is appalling. If any neighbour of mine were poisoning cats I'd report him to the police and make sure he's named and shamed in the local press as the sick f**k he is.

The Iceman

Eamonn they are feral cats that are being fed. there is an epidemic in my township and animal control will not do anything about it. If I try to trap them I can risk being sued if I have the trap open and live before 8am and after 2pm, dont have it covered by an umbrella and don't have food and water in the trap for the animal.
As Nar pointed out these cats carry loads of diseases and I am not having them shit on my lawn or anywhere else around my house.
Throw handbags at me again and I really will call in to say hello next time i'm in town. you can keep it civil.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Eamonnca1

You can deal with feral cats without murdering them.  I hauled away to the humane society three stray kittens from my complex a few weeks ago armed with just a handful of food, a cat carrier, and a length of string attached to the door to pull it closed. It's not that difficult.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Iceman on October 18, 2012, 06:26:44 PM
Eamonn they are feral cats that are being fed. there is an epidemic in my township and animal control will not do anything about it. If I try to trap them I can risk being sued if I have the trap open and live before 8am and after 2pm, dont have it covered by an umbrella and don't have food and water in the trap for the animal.
As Nar pointed out these cats carry loads of diseases and I am not having them shit on my lawn or anywhere else around my house.
Throw handbags at me again and I really will call in to say hello next time i'm in town. you can keep it civil.

Will you use turkey killing tactics?

I could murder a beef burger, but I'm worried about the poor cow
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea