Why is the 'Cadet' thread locked?

Started by Maguire01, November 30, 2011, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2011, 10:19:02 AM
I agree. EG undoubtedly makes uncomfortable reading at times, and at other times he is completely wrong :D, but he never descends to the sort of abuse that other people seem to hurl at him, such as in this thread. Not much I agree with him on, but I feel I could have a pint and a debate with him at the golf next year.
I don't know about discussing matters over a pint, EG would be lost for words without access to selected parts of Wikipedia.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on December 07, 2011, 07:10:37 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2011, 10:19:02 AM
I agree. EG undoubtedly makes uncomfortable reading at times, and at other times he is completely wrong :D, but he never descends to the sort of abuse that other people seem to hurl at him, such as in this thread. Not much I agree with him on, but I feel I could have a pint and a debate with him at the golf next year.
I don't know about discussing matters over a pint, EG would be lost for words without access to selected parts of Wikipedia.
You'd have a job pulling that level of detail off the top of your head!

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on December 10, 2011, 02:02:21 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 02, 2011, 04:48:56 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 01, 2011, 07:43:51 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 01, 2011, 07:36:50 PM
How is it that presenting the awards not "shirking" his 'responsibilities as an Irish Republican', yet giving an award to a 14 year old Cadet is?
Compromise!
Was listening to Máirtín O'Muilleoir on Radio Uladh this morning - he's being a bit more honest in his assessment of how the whole incident has played out, referring to it as a 'slip up' and admitting it was badly handled. That's what we need to see in politicians - an ability to put their hands up where appropriate - it's a lot easier to respect than continuous spin.

And speaking of O'Muilleoir, surely it's only a matter of time before he's up in Stormont? He appears to be miles ahead of any of the current 5 West Belfast MLAs.
No chance. His chances of getting any such position were blown about 30 years ago. He'll sit in the rear forever.

Better than the "black bag Concession Road" he may have got.
You've lost me there - can you elaborate?