Why is the 'Cadet' thread locked?

Started by Maguire01, November 30, 2011, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Can't be anything EG said.

He posted 3 time on that topic. 
The first one was a picture of children holding guns in front of Ti Chulainn centre. 
The second was a pisstake of the Mayor about what did he expect when present Duke of Edin. awards. 
The third was an article from the Daily Mail about a cadet who picked up a pipebomb.

Don't know how that derailed the debate.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 30, 2011, 11:06:07 PM

The first one was a picture of children holding guns in front of Ti Chulainn centre. 
The second was a pisstake of the Mayor about what did he expect when present Duke of Edin. awards. 
The third was an article from the Daily Mail about a cadet who picked up a pipebomb.

What has a Cadet picking up a pipe bomb left by the Real IRA have to do with a Sinn Fein mayor not awarding a certificate to a youg girl. Is it because the word cadet appears in both instances that it's relevant?

For the record I think he should have presented the young girl with her certificate but all this talk of 'legitimate targets' smacks of Willie Frazier just ranting about all Republicans being war mongerers and tyrants and tarring us all with the same brush.

Evil Genius

Quote from: screenexile on November 30, 2011, 11:30:44 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 30, 2011, 11:06:07 PM

What has a Cadet picking up a pipe bomb left by the Real IRA have to do with a Sinn Fein mayor not awarding a certificate to a youg girl. Is it because the word cadet appears in both instances that it's relevant?
In the fifth post on the original thread, "Forever Green" implied that the 14 year old Cadet snubbed by the Mayor was: "... a member of an army that has terrorised this place for years." and that he (FG) didn't "give a f**k what age they were".

It seemed to me that that was little different from the mindset which thinks it acceptable to leave a bomb disguised as a torch on the public pavement outside a TA camp, just before the local cadets were due to turn up for their training night. Never mind that any  passer-by could have picked it up, even if it was hoped by the bombers that it might be a Cadet, the fact remains that all Cadets are, by definition, children.

Quote from: screenexile on November 30, 2011, 11:30:44 PMFor the record I think he should have presented the young girl with her certificate but all this talk of 'legitimate targets' smacks of Willie Frazier just ranting about all Republicans being war mongerers and tyrants and tarring us all with the same brush.
How was I "tarring all Republicans with the same brush"?  ::)

My point was specifically directed at 'Forever Green' and the (unmistakeably) vile implications of his toxic post.

P.S. Whilst I'd like to think I'm rather more coherent than Willie Frazier [sic], I at least know  I'm more coherent than you... ::)

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Forever Green

Aye, sure handing out an award and leaving a pipe bomb at a base is very similar ffs

EG, why the f**k are you on this forum that is primarily about the GAA? You are a bitter, bitter bastard and almost all of your posts are a dig at the GAA or having a go at Nationalists

Tony Baloney

I suspect Forever Green's days here are numbered.

Forever Green

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2011, 12:06:20 AM
I suspect Forever Green's days here are numbered.

Could be Tony but it had to be said

trileacman

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:01:54 AM
Aye, sure handing out an award and leaving a pipe bomb at a base is very similar ffs

EG, why the f**k are you on this forum that is primarily about the GAA? You are a bitter, bitter b**tard and almost all of your posts are a dig at the GAA or having a go at Nationalists
EG might be an outspoken unionist but i don't think he's particularly sore on the GAA. No more than most of us.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Forever Green

Quote from: trileacman on December 01, 2011, 12:19:58 AM

EG, why the f**k are you on this forum that is primarily about the GAA? You are a bitter, bitter b**tard and almost all of your posts are a dig at the GAA or having a go at Nationalists
EG might be an outspoken unionist but i don't think he's particularly sore on the GAA. No more than most of us.

I have seen posts before by him and a couple of others comparing the GAA to the Orange Order, one of the most hate filled organisations in the world. That is f**king ridiculous and pretty sore on the GAA

Evil Genius

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:01:54 AMAye, sure handing out an award and leaving a pipe bomb at a base is very similar ffs

I didn't say they were the same, nor was I criticising the Mayor (in that post, at least).

Rather I took exception to your assertion that it doesn't matter what age someone is, so long as they are wearing a Brit uniform etc. Of course, had that been all you said, I might have let it pass. However you also mentioned that you were "no fan of Sinn Fein", causing me to wonder exactly what shade of Republican you might be.

I think it safe to assume that you're not an SDLP supporter(!); does that mean your sympathies lie with those Republicans who are generally termed "Dissidents"? You know, Republicans such as the "Real IRA", who think it legitimate to blind and maim 14 year old Army Cadets. Or any old passer-by...

P.S. It wasn't a pipe bomb. Rather it was a booby-trap bomb concealed in a torch, designed to explode when someone switched it on. It was left on the public pavement, outside a TA Barrack, which itself is surrounded by Council Housing...

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:01:54 AMEG, why the f**k are you on this forum that is primarily about the GAA?
Perhaps the term "Non GAA Discussion" provides a clue?   ::)

Anyhow, I like to think of my contributions here as "Unpaid Missionary Work"  ;)

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:01:54 AMYou are a bitter, bitter b**tard and almost all of your posts are a dig at the GAA or having a go at Nationalists
Yep, I came here for the debate, and I stay here for the compliments... :D

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:22:24 AM

I have seen posts before by him...        ... comparing the GAA to the Orange Order, one of the most hate filled organisations in the world. That is f**king ridiculous and pretty sore on the GAA
Really? Some examples?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Forever Green

EG, have you ever given your support to the British Army or do give your support to them? I am going to assume the answer is yes?

Forever Green

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 01, 2011, 12:30:08 AM
Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:22:24 AM

I have seen posts before by him...        ... comparing the GAA to the Orange Order, one of the most hate filled organisations in the world. That is f**king ridiculous and pretty sore on the GAA
Really? Some examples?

Am I f**k going to filter through all your bigoted posts just to get some examples but you have done so before in your whataboutery pish.

trileacman

EG and forever green, would you ever just realise youse are opposite sides of the same coin?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Evil Genius

Quote from: Forever Green on December 01, 2011, 12:35:17 AMEG, have you ever given your support to the British Army or do give your support to them? I am going to assume the answer is yes?
Your assumption is correct.

So now that I've confirmed your suspicion, perhaps you'd do me the similar courtesy of letting me know exactly what shade of Republican you are (post #23, above). Have you ever, for instance, given your support to Dissident Republicans? Do you still?

No great hurry, btw - it can wait until you've found those posts where I've compared the GAA with the OO...  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

fitzroyalty

Say what you want about EG, I differ on much (nearly all) of what he says, and even though his posts tend to be long-winded and full of unnecessary grammatical 'finesse', he does provide good balance to this forum and always provide evidence to strengthen his arguments. Certainly not the worst poster.

As for Forever Green, I may be wrong but all you seem to go on about is Celtic.