Chinese Toddler knocked over

Started by Capt Pat, October 19, 2011, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2011, 08:34:35 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on October 24, 2011, 08:31:54 PM
I watch liberal tv quite a bit,  how else do you think I have my finger on the pulse of liberalism...it's what helps arm myself in staying two or the steps ahead of the eletist Guardian readers here  8)

Em, that isn't the pulse of liberalism. I suggest you take your finger out now and wash it thoroughly.
Either way... it all smells the same  :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: muppet on October 23, 2011, 05:49:25 PM
Along with Mikey Sheehy and maybe two others you are the ones swimming against the tide here.

What tide would that be Muppet ?

seafoid

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 23, 2011, 11:31:16 PM
Not an exact analogue, but the Anne Lovett case wasn't too long ago and was a symptom of the shame society in Ireland at the time itself.
This case in China is tragic, but seems to have been set about because people there risk being responsible for helping such a victim under the law with recent precedents in place and this ridiculously makes them having to think about taking such actions. It's harsh to paint a population of a whole county based on the actions of less than 20 people - the amount of times I've seen the whole set of supporters from a particular county being painted with a brush because of the actions from a tiny minority of them is just as stupid, albeit in a less serious context.

Here is a blast from the past 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_babies

On 14 April 1984, a newborn baby boy was found stabbed to death on White Strand beach at Cahirciveen, County Kerry. A local woman, Joanne Hayes from Abbeydorney, who was known to have been pregnant, was arrested and she and her family confessed to the murder of the baby. However, they later withdrew their confessions and admitted instead that Hayes's baby had been born on the family farm, had died shortly after birth, and had been wrapped in a plastic bag and buried on the farm in secret. Tests showed that the baby whose body was found on the farm had the same blood type – A – as Hayes and its (married) father, Jeremiah Locke. However, the baby on the beach had blood group O. The Gardaí nevertheless insisted that Hayes had become pregnant simultaneously by two different men (through heteropaternal superfecundation) and had given birth to both children, killing the one found on the beach. Another theory put forward was that the baby's blood type had changed due to decomposition.[1]

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

I was a passer-by when a teenage boy died on the road less than 20 metres from where I stood. I didn't actually see it happen, but I heard it. When I looked at the kid I knew he was dead and kept walking. So did everyone else. He was left on the road. After a few minutes I turned back thinking that surely someone needed to at least check for a pulse. When I returned to the scene the ambulance was just arriving. The crew got out, took one look at him and got a blanket and put it over him.

He was in a position and a state that even the least medically minded person on the planet would conclude he was dead.

If this was recorded as outlined above, those of us that were there wouldn't come out of it very well.

One more thing, I didn't mention that this Manhattan and the boy had jumped from a very tall building.

This post is not meant to justify or prove anything.
MWWSI 2017