Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 21, 2011, 02:09:32 PM
Aye, but was looking up about it earlier and it seems that Sky have simply restructured their packs and there is no longer the variety, knowledge, lifestyle, music, childrens and news & events options.  These have been replaced and consolidated into 2 packages - entertainment and entertainment extra.  It basically means that if you are going to get Sky now you will have to pay a minimum of £25 odd instead of the previous £19.50 or whatever it was, but existing customers will not have to pay any more for at least a year.  I love TCM.  Never saw The Searchers before and now have Rio Bravo to watch.

Shame on you!  ;)

DownFanatic

Is anybody in the six counties not getting a signal on their box office tonight?

gerrykeegan

Quote from: gerry on September 05, 2011, 09:16:31 PM
have to say sky go is great. my mate give me his password and now i have his sky sports, espn and sky movies for free via my pc and tv.

Sky go on Android Finally!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

BenDover

i must be blind can't find it on the market place, even went to Sky Go website hoping to see a download link to the app there

gerrykeegan

Yes you are blind! its under apps, name  sky go, by bskyb its not on the first page mind you, works a treat
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Gazzler

Its only available for Galaxy SII and one of the HTC phones

BennyCake

At the risk of sounding stupid, what is Sky Go?

AZOffaly

An app for watching Sky Sports, Sky Movies and other Sky Channels on up to 2 other devices, including iPhones, Laptops and Netbooks. You get it free if you have those channels and Sky Multiroom I think. I know I have it but I have every channel I think.

laoislad

Anyone else having trouble with sky go app on iPhone?
Mine keeps saying video unavailable unknown error please restart app and try again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2012, 06:47:13 PM
An app for watching Sky Sports, Sky Movies and other Sky Channels on up to 2 other devices, including iPhones, Laptops and Netbooks. You get it free if you have those channels and Sky Multiroom I think. I know I have it but I have every channel I think.

Don't think you need multiroom as we don't have it. Downloaded the SkyGo for Android and it works grand so no complaints from me. Glad to see it!!!

Megaman

Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2012, 03:42:47 PM
Anyone else having trouble with sky go app on iPhone?
Mine keeps saying video unavailable unknown error please restart app and try again.

Just tried mine here at work and its working fine

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on February 21, 2012, 04:09:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2012, 06:47:13 PM
;D
Don't think you need multiroom as we don't have it. Downloaded the SkyGo for Android and it works grand so no complaints from me. Glad to see it!!!
Aye you just have to be a customer with the required packages like Sky Sports. Or in my case have a kind brother with Sky Sports who is willing to give you his login details.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 21, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
"For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted."

F*ck that! Looking at the comments in the Android market there's a lot of divided opinion on the app.
Downloaded it last night and was watching some dung match within 30 seconds.

laoislad

"For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted."

F*ck that! Looking at the comments in the Android market there's a lot of divided opinion on the app.

My iphone is jailbroken I wonder have they blocked it for jailbroken phones aswell..
That would be a balls as I have a app from Cydia that allows me to connect my iphone to TV with unofficial leads,so no jailbreak means I can't watch sky go on big TV without paying for official iphone cables.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

take_yer_points

Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2012, 06:59:22 PM

My iphone is jailbroken I wonder have they blocked it for jailbroken phones aswell..
That would be a balls as I have a app from Cydia that allows me to connect my iphone to TV with unofficial leads,so no jailbreak means I can't watch sky go on big TV without paying for official iphone cables.

Was sky go blocked on your iphone? It's blocked on my iPad but there's a fella in the US who has bypassed jailbreak detection for a load of apps who is trying to bypass the sky go dedection - I seen on twitter this morning he was saying it's going to be tough to fix. You can follow him here: @unimp0rtanttech

What's the app from Cydia you're using to display on the TV? Is the picture good? I've tried using displayout but it doesn't work for the iPad