Ryan Giggs

Started by Norf Tyrone, May 23, 2011, 05:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 23, 2011, 08:24:49 PM
I love it really! I've got a scrap book full of newspaper clippings about every premier league player who has had an affair!

And the truth shall set you free! You're not Ryan Giggs, are you?

imtommygunn

It actually is a sad story. There's a wife and 2 kids behind him and I feel for them - it must be awful.

Imogen Thomas went for a married man and tried to then our him so you would also have to question her. Whether she had feelings for him or whether she was just trying to further her reputation I don't know.

Giggs was one of few footballers who you didn't think was "living the life" either. The whole injunction, super injunction, suing twitter etc makes him look very silly. Unless of course he is innocent...

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 23, 2011, 08:24:49 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 23, 2011, 08:13:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 23, 2011, 07:25:06 PM
I don't usually follow this sort of nonsense in the media . . .

We believe you. Thousands might not, but we do

I love it really! I've got a scrap book full of newspaper clippings about every premier league player who has had an affair!
Just one scrapbook? ;D

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: deiseach on May 23, 2011, 05:32:38 PM
Bit of an Onionesque headline on the Beeb:

So an MP has identified that footballer as Ryan Giggs. Wow, well worth the licence fee! [/sarcasm]
I don't believe it-bloody flights cancelled again as a result of a volcano going off in one of them Iceland stores

Capt Pat

He hasn't behaved as if he is innocent. Will he play angry now and score a hat trick against Barcelona?

He should stop paying lawyers for injunctions in relation to this matter and save the money for the divorce case and settlement. I suppose when you have that much money it is worth it to avoid handing half of his fortune to the wife.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2011, 08:34:04 PM
It actually is a sad story. There's a wife and 2 kids behind him and I feel for them - it must be awful.

Imogen Thomas went for a married man and tried to then our him so you would also have to question her. Whether she had feelings for him or whether she was just trying to further her reputation I don't know.

Giggs was one of few footballers who you didn't think was "living the life" either. The whole injunction, super injunction, suing twitter etc makes him look very silly. Unless of course he is innocent...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/23/footballers-affairs-super-injunctions

I haven't played at a club which hasn't had a player caught out by his wife or girlfriend. Nor have I met a Wag – a term which, incidentally, nobody in football uses – who knows that the life she enjoys, which is provided by her husband, would be waiting for her elsewhere should she choose to leave him.

I know wives that have walked in on a player in full swing, gone shopping, come home and had his dinner on the table as if nothing had happened. And I know plenty of wives who simply cannot do without a designer wardrobe, two weeks in Dubai and half of Tiffany's every Christmas and birthday, and so turn a blind eye to promiscuous behaviour. This amicable agreement that dare not speak its name only becomes a problem when the media get hold of it.

The point is that if a player's wife needs her man to maintain a certain lifestyle, then the general rule of thumb is that things are brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible

Minder

Takes quite a bit of the shine off "19".

Disgraceful stuff, who is next? Scholesy? Mike Phelan?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2011, 08:54:32 PM

Wishful thinking

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on May 23, 2011, 08:51:01 PM
The point is that if a player's wife needs her man to maintain a certain lifestyle, then the general rule of thumb is that things are brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible

Milltown Row2

Agreed, these tramps hang out at all the joints, pay hotel lads money on information on which teams are booked into hotels at the weekend for games. Hang out at the clubs where the footballers go. Giggs for his part was and probably not for the first time engaged in a fling (make no bones about it, that's all it was ) with a very good looking woman.

As for the injunction, his wife probably asked for it out of shear embarrassment and was given bad advice by the parasites that are called lawyers/publicist ;)

Look there is no way Gerrard or Fowler would ever have something about them Minder ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

imogen thomas is hoping to launch a successful singing career on the back of this publicity. the last few months shes been doing giggs in manchester. boom boom.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on May 23, 2011, 08:51:01 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/23/footballers-affairs-super-injunctions

I haven't played at a club which hasn't had a player caught out by his wife or girlfriend. Nor have I met a Wag – a term which, incidentally, nobody in football uses – who knows that the life she enjoys, which is provided by her husband, would be waiting for her elsewhere should she choose to leave him.

I know wives that have walked in on a player in full swing, gone shopping, come home and had his dinner on the table as if nothing had happened. And I know plenty of wives who simply cannot do without a designer wardrobe, two weeks in Dubai and half of Tiffany's every Christmas and birthday, and so turn a blind eye to promiscuous behaviour. This amicable agreement that dare not speak its name only becomes a problem when the media get hold of it.

It became clear a few years ago that there aren't any moral boundaries to what a lot of these boys get up to. It kind of illustrates the wee bubble of a life these boys live in.

Anyone who follows a soccer team supports a team where a lot of the guys on it have no morals so it's not like any of us can chastise a particular team for the actions of these guys with the vast majority of them being the same.

Blowitupref

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 23, 2011, 07:25:06 PM
I don't usually follow this sort of nonsense in the media, but am I right in saying that this Thomas woman went to court last week (pictures of her on the news today looking all sad outside court) with the backing of the Scum newspaper so she could get the injunction lifted so she could tell the world, via the paper, that she shagged someone? I.e Giggs!

Her mother must be so proud!

Well said i also find the whole thing pure nosense & her family,friends must think shes pathetic.

Quote from: Minder on May 23, 2011, 08:54:32 PM

Disgraceful stuff, who is next? Scholesy? Mike Phelan?

Very good  :D

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tony Baloney

Women know the score when the hitch up to a Premiership footballer so if anything Giggs is getting more grief due to the coverup than the actual affair. The affair comes with the territory and is in the main, pre-ordained for soccer players. I certaintly couldn't blame them, so I wouldn't get married.

Minder, must have found some free Internet access as he certainty wouldn't pay for roaming...

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.