All Ireland Quarter Final Kerry V Down

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Sorry kerry fan's but a great result for football, well done down, sligo fan's will feel a little better tonight
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

It was never going to be Kerrys day. The sending off finished them off.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 31, 2010, 03:33:49 PM
Not sure tradition has much to do with it to be honest. Kerry have just been very poor today even allowing for the players they are missing.
Out of respect and fear, most teams would have spent the second half sitting back bracing themselves for a Kerry comeback and thus facilitated it.

Denn Forever

That was unexpected.  Well done Down.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

stiffler

What was the story with the sympathy penalty?  What date is the semi final then?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Jinxy

The end of an era for a great Kerry team?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Carmen Stateside

Great stuff from Down. Mc Kiernan was brilliant as was Marty Clarke. 

Cosmo Kramer

Fair play to Down.

The ref giving Kerry a penalty at the end out of sympathy was the final insult for them. Great Kerry team, but their record against the better Ulster teams down the years has been terrible.

I dont care how many replies have been posted, just fcukin send it!
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ardmhachaabu

Delighted for Down

There are some posters in this thread whose faces will surely be red now  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

muppet

I really hate Marty Morrisey constantly talking about Dara O'Se having retired. He might as well have been talking about Paudi's retirement for all it matters. When you are gone you are gone.

Dara wouldn't have made any difference and neither would Tomas. Galvin might have improved things significantly but under pressure he can win you the game or get sent off so no guarantee there either.

Some performance by Down though.

Spillane trying not to have sour grapes sounds exactly like sour grapes.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2010, 03:39:24 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 03:38:41 PM
Same for Tyrone in 2 hours' time?
Can't see it. Tyrone are a good team, Kerry aren't.

I'm relying on stats and norms. Tyrone have been at the top for longer than any team I can remember. The lifespan of a top team is usually 6-7 seasons at most. I think they may be vulnerable to an ambush from a Dublin team with nothing to lose. If Dubs get an early goal ...

Kerry1980

ah well, when you lose 2 all ireland winners to aussie rules , the greatest midfielder in history to retirement and the best current player in the game to a media witch hunt you're always going to be up against it. The fact that Kerry will surely now give serious consideration to going the back door again next year just about sums up the way game is currently run.  The bitters will take delight in the kingdom's demise, the true followers of the game will acknowledge the end of a great side that had circumstances been different, would have been fairly allowed to continue their dominance.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ross4life on July 31, 2010, 03:35:32 PM
Sorry kerry fan's but a great result for football, well done down, sligo fan's will feel a little better tonight
Exactly why I was going for down in the second half, good for football, keeps things fresh. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?