NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on November 26, 2015, 02:54:26 PM
I can see AZ resting a lot of players this week as it's a dead rubber for him.

Trying to give them the week off for Thanksgiving.

AZOffaly

Right lads, the end of another regular season. Well done to everyone who took part in any of the 3 leagues. We move onto the playoffs now, and the matchups are set...

In the Montana Superbowl, the number 1 seed is the 11-3 Smackdown Clowns, champions of the Lombardi Division, and they face the number 4 Crossmaglen Hitmen, who posted an 8-6 record. The second semi final sees the #2 see Savage Bears, winners of the Halas division and boasting a 9-5 record, take on the number 3 Ruthless Rossies, who ended on 8-6.

In the Walter Payton B Championship, the Number 1 seed Oraisteach's Browns at 10-4 took the Madden Division, and they will fancy their chances against the Faithful Turfmen, who finished with the number 4 seed on an 8-6 mark and are celebrating a promotion back to the top division after a few lean years. The Number 2 seed, at 10-4 also, and champion of the Allen Division, is Rehab is 4 Quitters, and they will take on the 8-6 #3 seed Oakleaf Dolphins.

Finally, in the Jerry Rice C Championship, the number 1 seed is the Faithful Turfmen C, and their 13-1 record. They will play the #4 seed Tippabu, who are the only team to have beaten the Turfmen in the regular season, so they will be confident of taking down the Belichick division champions. On the other side of the draw, the Reid Division champions, the 11-3 FermanaghandSam #2 seeds will take on the #3, 9-5 Superb Owls.

Enjoy the playoffs lads, best of luck to everyone, and remember the fixtures get a little odd this time of year. Games Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday this weekend.

Go Cardinals!

The Iceman

Lads do you think Cam NEwton will be rested this week against the Seahawks? They've already clinched the playoffs. Would you start Newton or Kirk Cousins?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on December 16, 2015, 04:24:59 PM
Lads do you think Cam NEwton will be rested this week against the Seahawks? They've already clinched the playoffs. Would you start Newton or Kirk Cousins?

He won't be rested. They're going for 16-0, and the #1 seed isn't secure yet. If they secure #1, they *might* rest him, but unbeaten seasons don't come around too often. The Colts used do stuff like that, and it never really worked out for them.

oakleaflad

I'd go with Kirk Cousins ;)

declan85

Don't Carolina play the Giants this week? They bet the Seahawks earlier this year

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

Quote from: declan85 on December 16, 2015, 05:09:49 PM

Don't Carolina play the Giants this week? They bet the Seahawks earlier this year
my bad - you're right.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: Minder on December 16, 2015, 06:05:22 PM
How many relegated from each conference ?
I think it's 2 up 2 down from each conference but AZ would have to confirm
Also depends on next year.  I moved up a division this year because I was the next runner up and the lad who won didn't come back

Oraisteach

I thought it was the top four up, bottom four down.

magpie seanie

Raging to not make playoffs. I was close which wasn't bad in the circumstances, just needed one more win. A losing battle all year after the draft so would have been all the sweeter to pull it off. There's always next year.  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 16, 2015, 07:55:50 PM
I thought it was the top four up, bottom four down.

It is, but where I am in a relegation/promotion position, we normally just do 3. This year my C team can't be promoted, but my A and B teams can swap. Very important that the original team get back into the A division :)

gallsman

Not the best but not the worst debut season. Happy with promotion but don't expect to get past first round of the playoffs.

tippabu

started the season 0-5....happy to have made the playoffs aomehow

Oraisteach

Well, AZ, unless Cooks can throw himself a basketful of TDS, you've given me a sound drubbing in the first round of the playoffs.  Good luck.