NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Minder

I drafted Joseph Randle fairly high and he is now without a team, sums up my season
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on November 10, 2015, 11:04:09 PM
I drafted Joseph Randle fairly high and he is now without a team, sums up my season

Could be worse. I drafted Freeman and dumped him after first or second game.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2015, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 10, 2015, 11:04:09 PM

Could be worse. I drafted Freeman and dumped him after first or second game.
What about 1st Pick LeVeon Bell knowing he would be out for the first 3 games then losing him again in week 8.............
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

Or drafting Arian Foster, waiting patiently, using him for a couple of weeks, and then losing him for the season.

gallsman

Hahaha, one of my friends drafted Charles, Foster and Lewis, then picked up Freeman. Went 8-0 and now has only Freeman (whose still a threat but rushing has fallen off) and a couple of WR2s. He went 8-0 and was winning by 30-40 every week. Now reckons he's doomed.

oakleaflad

Eddie Lacy was my first round pick and has been a disaster too.

magpie seanie

Iceman and Oraisteach - I drafted Le'Veon and Arian! Thought a few weeks ago I was sorted! Last week I think I started only one player I drafted. Rearguard action to put it mildly but still hanging in there.

Rossie11

Picking an RB with 1st pick regardless of who they are is not worth the risk in my opinion.
RBs dont have the value they had in fantasy 5-6years ago. Once I did it and it was an autopick. AP went down after a few weeks and I was relegated!!
Never again

gallsman

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 11, 2015, 11:56:16 AM
Picking an RB with 1st pick regardless of who they are is not worth the risk in my opinion.
RBs dont have the value they had in fantasy 5-6years ago. Once I did it and it was an autopick. AP went down after a few weeks and I was relegated!!
Never again

I imagine he was quite a popular #1 pick last year and then he went and got himself suspended for the year. Can't account for things like that.

Do our Yahoo leagues have a trade deadline? My ESPN one tomorrow night and I'm running about trying to just how much I can get for Julio Jones.

Oraisteach

Yeah, I drafted AP last year and bought myself a first class ticket to Relegationville. But, Seanie, Foster and Bell, that's some crappy RB luck.  But I still think you have to pick the good ones up early, and pray.  Second tier RB point production is a significant drop off.  On the other hand, like a kid with his nose pressed up against a shop window at Christmas, I look enviously at our Faithful commissioner's stable of WR thoroughbreds in the Payton: Odell, Larry Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Antonio Brown.  With that lineup he could start me at RB.

The Iceman

a few seasons ago I argued we should have 12 teams per league.
With only 10 everyone has good players and there are no scraps and very little room for trades and waiver pickups that are impactful.
when you have 12 teams per league theres much more hands on management and when you take a loss on one player you have a shot  -with 10 teams per league 1 or 2 losses buries you
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

Iceman, that's exactly why I disagree with you and favor a 10-team league.  With larger leagues, an injury/suspension can devastate your team, but in a 10-team league you can at least pick up a serviceable player, perhaps not as good as the original, but not a complete stiff.  I'm in a 16-team league and need to pick up a RB but there is absolutely nothing available.  I'm scrambling to pick up a RB who will score just 1 point, which is why I enjoy this league more than the other.  I'm in first place, but am one injury away from disaster.

The Iceman

you cant judge a 12 team league based on a 16 team league.
In the 10 everyone has good players and a couple of solid backups on the bench.  Go back to the archives and you would see that when we had 12 teams in a league there were much more waiver wire pickups, trades and free agents moved in and out every week.
The 10 team league is about a good draft and who is lucky not to get injured.  The 12 is more about management and understanding of the positions, teams and players.

Oraisteach

No, I know there's a difference between a 10 and 16.  However, in my view, the more teams the greater the luck element. Injuries can end your season.  Though I lost Arian Foster, it didn't wipe me out.  In our 10-team league, I use the waiver wire a lot.  In fact, I think I have only 9 of the 19 players I originally drafted and have moved from a projected 5-9 season to having a shot at a playoff run.  Over the years, I've played in a 10, 12, 14 and 16 team league and have much more fun in the 10-team one.

magpie seanie

I won last week with only 1 of the 19 players I drafted starting.