Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

gallsman

Seahawks D/ST @ Bengals or Bengals D/ST v Seahawks

The Iceman

I dropped the Seahwaks D for this coming week - I don't think they will fair well against the bengals.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on October 07, 2015, 09:55:08 PM
I dropped the Seahwaks D for this coming week - I don't think they will fair well against the bengals.....

I don't think they'll fare *too* badly. I just reckon Bengals will do that bit better. I'm dropping Dalton (who has been very good to me!) for this one but keeping Hill.

gallsman

Of course I choose this week to drop Andre Johnson and each of my opponents has DeAndre Hopkins.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2015, 02:36:09 PM
Of course I choose this week to drop Andre Johnson and each of my opponents has DeAndre Hopkins.

Ah you couldn't have started Andre Johnson this week. I'd say most people would have been dropping him altogether, never mind benching him. He hadn't caught a ball the last two weeks. Don't stress that decision.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2015, 04:25:19 PM

Ah you couldn't have started Andre Johnson this week. I'd say most people would have been dropping him altogether, never mind benching him. He hadn't caught a ball the last two weeks. Don't stress that decision.

Aye, I got rid of him altogether. This thing drives you mad when looking at stuff in hindsight.

Through weeks 1 to 3 in my ESPN league, Vinatieri got me an aggregate 3 points so I binned him. Over the next two weeks he went and pulled in 23.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2015, 05:40:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2015, 04:25:19 PM

Aye, I got rid of him altogether. This thing drives you mad when looking at stuff in hindsight.

Through weeks 1 to 3 in my ESPN league, Vinatieri got me an aggregate 3 points so I binned him. Over the next two weeks he went and pulled in 23.

You'll eat yourself up every week if you keep thinking like that. All you have to ask is whether you evaluated the player, his situation and opponent correctly. What happens beyond that is out of your control. You can't know everything. Sport is unpredictable. What I try to do is make educated guesses at the most likely scenario. Makes it easier to live with.

I like a story one of the fantasy analysts told about a player and inside information. The jist is that they had it on very good authority (someone on the coaching staff) that a somewhat obscure player was going to feature heavily in a teams gameplan that week. The player was targeted on the first two plays and dropped the ball. QB lost confidence and changed the plans and the guy wasn't targeted again. So even when you know, it's unpredictable!

The Iceman

Need 22 points from Sam Bradford, Josh Brown (K) and Rodgers Cromartie tonight for the win. Up and down season so far. Hoping to bring this one home.
What about that fake punt play from the Colts last night lol???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Quote from: The Iceman on October 19, 2015, 05:44:21 PM
Need 22 points from Sam Bradford, Josh Brown (K) and Rodgers Cromartie tonight for the win. Up and down season so far. Hoping to bring this one home.
What about that fake punt play from the Colts last night lol???

Yeah up and down for me too but a good week this week, Greg Olsen & Steve Smith coming up big for me. Left Martavis Bryant of the Steelers on the bench on his first game back, in a "prove it" game, and he goes for 28 pts. He will be in next week that's for sure, he should be a beast when Big Ben gets back
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

My debut in the Jerry Rice has improved after a shaky start. A jammy opening day win for O'Neill got me off to the worst start and had a dismal Week 2 to go 0-2. Have picked up since then and Gary Barnidge has been my best pickup so far. Can't see me challenging AZ and his ridiculous scoring for title but can hopefully sneak into playoffs and maybe grab promotion.

ONeill

After losing to AZ I've come off the rails badly. Embarrassing defeat to a Tipp man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Oraisteach

The Angst of playing in two fantasy leagues.  I'm facing L'Esprit de Biff in one league and he has Marshawn Lynch, but I have him in the other.  So what do I root for? A mediocre harmless outing or a blowout performance to show he is back in form.  Agony, far greater than yours . . .  .

heganboy

Thursday night football pisses me off. Never watch it and always screws my fantasy teams
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Picked up the Eagles D so I could use Seattle's as trade bait. Nobody biting but then decided to sub them in at the last minute and got me 20  ;D ;D ;D