NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Clov

"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2015, 10:09:18 AM
Carlos Hyde got me out of a quare hole last night

I have him and Julio Jones in my other league on ESPN. I'd already won by 35 points after Sunday's games with 120 mins remaining and then picked up another 62 off those two lads. Wasn't overly sure about Hyde when drafting but will be more than happy if he keeps doing that!

Sadly my GAABoard debut appears to have been ruined by O'Neill at the last via a measly point and a half. C'mon stat corrections!

Mayo4Sam

Nice start to my first term in the top tier!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

magpie seanie

Bit of a disaster for me but at least I'll get a good shot at the waivers. My RB corps should be strengthened in the coming weeks but such a paltry points total doesn't sit well. And I have Peyton Manning at QB.......

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

AZOffaly

Lads, don't forget tonight's game.

Also gallsman, who are you talking about?

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2015, 10:53:53 AM
Lads, don't forget tonight's game.

Also gallsman, who are you talking about?

Kuechly is listed as our on the app, although he may still play. Wondering if I can drop him to IR and draft in someone else as cover?

AZOffaly

We don't have an IR slot. That is normally used for people in Keeper leagues who want to hold a player on IR until next season. The IR designated to return is just an injury.

Fermanaghandsam

As far as I know, you just need to drop him and others can then pick him up on the waiver wire.

Otherwise you just keep him on roster and get an extra defensive player in instead of another roster player which you drop.

You have a max roster size, to add another defensive player, someone has to be dropped to waiver wire.

gallsman

Quote from: Fermanaghandsam on September 17, 2015, 11:40:37 AM
As far as I know, you just need to drop him and others can then pick him up on the waiver wire.

Otherwise you just keep him on roster and get an extra defensive player in instead of another roster player which you drop.

You have a max roster size, to add another defensive player, someone has to be dropped to waiver wire.

Aye, that's what I'm querying basically - I have to drop someone to waivers to draft in cover.

oakleaflad

Was over the moon with the victory and 178 points in the first week. Here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.

gallsman

Going to try and crowdsource some advice for my ESPN league from the experts here. My roster currently has three QBs and two TEs:

Philip Rivers (SD) @ Cin
Marcus Mariota (Ten) @ Cle
Andy Dalton (Cin) SD
Travis Kelce (KC) Den
Tyler Eifert (Cin) SD

I have to play a starting QB and TE and can select an additional offensive player. All had either brilliant or solid opening weeks. At the minute am going with Mariota, Kelce and Eifert. Last week I started Rivers, Mariota and Kelce but think I have to try and fit Eifert in this week. Would normally rule Dalton out but back home against the chargers with Eifert and Green to throw to, I think this week could be good. Rivers I'd always be tempted by but I'm not sure about him against the Cincatti pass defense. Certainly don't think he'll rack up 400 yards again. Mariota I'm perhaps being seduced by last week's showing but back home against Cleveland, with hints of some winds of change in Nashville has me persuaded at the minute.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

magpie seanie

I would start Rivers. Don't trust Andy Dalton at all though he should have a nice game here. Mariota looked great last weekend but I want to see him do it against a better team than the Bucs. Baby Gronk (Kelce) is a must start even against a good Broncos defense. I also understand you trying to work Eifert into the lineup. It would depend on who else you have for your flex but he's definitely flex worthy I reckon. I have a similar dilemma in another league.