NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Oraisteach

Went to bed up by 8/10 of a point--woke up losing by 1/10 of a point--tumbled from 1st place tie in my division to dead last and imminent relegation

magpie seanie

Stat correction in my favour but not enough to overturn result. Gap down to 1.15!

AZOffaly

cadhlancian

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 09, 2014, 04:33:02 PM
Cadhlancian do you need to be based in the US to play fanduel?
I'm not sure about that Rossie? Possibly not. I fund and withdraw through PayPal , so you probably should be good.

Rossie11

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 21, 2014, 09:17:22 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on November 09, 2014, 04:33:02 PM
Cadhlancian do you need to be based in the US to play fanduel?
I'm not sure about that Rossie? Possibly not. I fund and withdraw through PayPal , so you probably should be good.
Here is what I am getting.. I will mail them

You must be 18 years of age or over and a resident in the USA or Canada.

Unfortunately, if you are a resident of:

Arizona
Iowa
Louisiana
Montana
Washington
You cannotplay FanDuel for real money (sorry, go picket your state senate).

For more information, please read our terms of use

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

Orior

Right so, is all right to watch the Lingerie Football League even if you dont follow football?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

One week left in what has been another excellent season. Fair play, everyone seems to have kept going, by and large. The playoff picture is still not finalised, but it is starting to take shape.

In the Joe Montana Superbowl, there are two teams currently assured of playoff slots, including our reigning champion Coolera Bears. They and the Ruthless Rossies (who is on an 8 game winning streak) are tied at 9-4 in the Lombardi Division. The last week sees the Rossies take on Hegan's helmets, and the Bears taking on the other Bears, of the Savage variety. The Rossies currently hold the #1 seed by a good margin in points difference (41) so it looks like the Coolera Bears will need to hope that the Rossies lose, because it's hard to see Coolera making up that sort of points deficit in one game.

The battle for #2 and #4 seeds is still very much alive.New York Jets VIII are currently occupying #2 with a 7-6 record, while the Savage Bears in the Lombardi division are on #4 with the same record. There are 4 teams on 6-7 records, but should the improbably happen, and we end up with a logjam of 7-7 then it might take a forensic scientist to work out who is the #2 and #4 seeds. If the Jets lose to Oraisteach's Browns, then their points total is not great, so you'd imagine Smackdown Clowns, who play Ballyhaise Bills, would pip them to the #2 slot. The Savage Bears are in poll position based on Points tallys for the #4 slot in that scenario, but should The Jets and Clowns both win, and the Bears lose to the Coolera Bears, then you could see the #4 slot going to the clowns. As mentioned, all to play for.

In the Walter Payton B Championship, it is unbelievable tight. We have two guaranteed playoff teams, with the Galway Bay Tribesmen and the Crossmaglen Hitmen on impressive 11-2 and 10-3 marks respectively. They have a direct head to head battle in week 14, with the winner clinching the #1 seed, as the Hitmen have a better points total. The loser will be the #3 seed. So again we look at the #2 and #4 seeds. The George Allen division is the most even I think we have ever had in this competition. There are no less than 4 of the 5 teams locked at a 7-6 record, going into the last day. Currently the division leader, and #2 seed, the Red Hand Helmets have a very healthy points total, and a win will see them clinch the division and the #2 seed. However, the just happen to be playing the Big Apple Orchards, who are in 2nd place in the division. A win for the Orchards would not only probably give them the #2 seed , but would also likely see the Helmets miss out altogether! Hovering in the wings, hoping to pick up the scraps are the M4S Someday, and L'Esprit de Biff. The loser of the Orchards - Helmet matchup will drop like a stone if L'Esprit de Biff beat Rehab is 4 quitters, or M4Sam someday beat the Faithful Turfmen.

And we're not finished there. If the Helmets beat the Orchards, and L'Esprit de Biff lose to the Quitters, then the Faithful Turfmen themselves (on 6-7) would possibly snatch a dramatic #4 seed with a win over the Mayo4Sam Someday if they have a big week. It's a long shot but it's still a viable scenario (he told himself hopefully).

Finally in our 12 team Jerry Rice C Championship, it's not nearly as dramatic as we have all 4 playoff teams identified. It only remains to finalise the seedings, but the Antrim 89, Oakleaf Dolphins, Sean's Team and Fermanagh and Sam have locked up postseason play with very good seasons. The first 3 mentioned are all on 10-3 with FermanaghandSam on 9-4. Interestingly, this division shows up an odd variation in Yahoo's tiebreaker scenario. For the purposes of identifying a division winner, two teams tied will first be separated by their record in the Division, and then onto the points scored. Hence in this scenario, Oakleaf Dolphins lead Sean's Team thanks to a better record in Division. For Wildcard tiebreakers, they jump straight into Points Scored.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

We had said 4 up, 4 down, pending the relevant people rejoining the next year.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2014, 10:50:41 AM
We had said 4 up, 4 down, pending the relevant people rejoining the next year.

Thats dead on, I am promoted then  :)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muck Savage

How are ties split? Is it by points for or points difference?

dec

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 02, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

I think first tie breaker is head to head between the teams that are tied.

AZOffaly

Quote from: dec on December 02, 2014, 06:24:19 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on December 02, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

I think first tie breaker is head to head between the teams that are tied.

First tiebreaker is divisional record if the tie is for a division title. If it's a wildcard tie, it's on point scored. I need to confirm that, but that's my understanding of it.