NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Ballyhaise and NY Jets in Montana - can either or both of ye get back to me? Thanks.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 14, 2014, 06:14:01 PM
Really need a TE in the Jerry Rice BB league - willing to let Eric Decker or Trent richardson go

Trent Richardson??? That's big of you! :)

How about Delanie Walker for Lamar Miller?

AZOffaly

I'll try get the recaps done at lunchtime, but well done to Savage Bears :) Took me down in the Superbowl by 0.85 of a point or something after the 49ers D got 22 points ! At least my unbeaten record went to a fellow Biffo. I hope that makes up for the U21 final all those years ago :)

AZOffaly

OK, we're well into it now at this stage. Recaps for Week 6...

Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl

Faithful Turfmen 'B' 148.15 - 148.80 Savage Bears

A great tussle between the two Offaly sides has seen the Bears bring the Turfmen's unbeaten run to a screeching halt with a high quality win following a big performance from the 49ers D on Monday night. However, the real story of this game is the fact that the Bears skills positions outplayed the Turfmen, as the Turfmen had 33 points from the Eagles D themselves, and would have been beaten out of sight but for that. The Bears' top performer was actually Green Bay receiver Jordy Nelson, who amassed 22.35 points on 9 receptions for 107 yards and a TD. Andrew Luck (QB-IND), Julian Edelman (WR-NE), Andre Ellington (RB-ARI), Greg Olsen (TE-CAR), Cody Parkey (K-PHI) and the aforementioned 49ers D all contributed heavily in a strong week for the Bears, who move to 4-2. The Turfmen will want to bounce back quickly from this, and need more from the skills positions, as the Philadelphia Eagles D/ST top scored for the game with 33 points on 8 sacks, 1 Fumble Recovery and keeping a clean sheet. Along with the Eagles, Darren Sproles (RB-PHI), Arien Foster (RB-HOU), Steve Smith (WR-BAL), Antoine Cason (DB-CAR) and Chandler Jones (DL-NE) all did their bit but they just came up short as the Turfmen fall to 5-1.

Smackdown Clowns 182.49 - 111.75 Colm O'Mealoid

A fantastic performance by the Smackdown Clowns sees them even their record up at 3-3 following a huge win over Colm O'Mealoid who falls to 2-4. The Clowns were spearheaded by a great performance on Thursday night by TY Hilton, the WR of the Indianapolis Colts, who had 35.15 points on 9 receptions for 233 yards and a TD score. He was ably supported by ex Colt Peyton Manning (QB-DEN), Randall Cobb (WR-GB), Ahmad Bradshaw (RB-IND), Brandon Olliver (RB-SD), Steven Gostkowski (K-NE), The Cardinals D/ST, Willie Young (DL-CHI) and Von Miller (LB-DEN).  for those of you counting, that's 9 positions returning double digits at least. o'Mealoid didn't have a horrible week, but was never likely to be able to stick with that sort of pace. They had good outings from stud running back DiMarco Murray (RB-DAL), who had 21.30 points on 115 yards and a TD, Andre Johnson (WR-HOU), Mason Crosby (K-GB), the Titans D/ST and Johnathan Cyprien (DB-JAX).

Ruthless Rossies 125.33 - 122.21 New York Jets VIII

A rookie error by New York Jets VII has cost them a probably victory here in this tight struggle, as the Rossies walk away with a 3 point win. It might have been a different story if the Jets hadn't fielded an incomplete roster, leaving one of their DB slots empty. Given that the direct counterpart on the Rossies roster scored 5 points, it's not hard to imagine a scenario where putting a warm body into that position may have impacted the outcome significantly. As it was, the Rossies were delighted to take advantage, thanks to a great performance from star man (and possible non-human) Houston DL JJ Watt, who amassed 25 IDP points with 2 sacks, 1 TD, 1 Fumble Recovery as well as 3 batted passes passes defended. In addition Aaron Rodgers (QB-GB), LeSean McCoy (RB-PHI), Rob Gronkowski (TE-NE) and  Kelvin Benjamin (WR-CAR) contributed heavily towards the win. For the disappointed Jets, they had the game's top scoring position in the Lions D with 32 points on 8 sacks, 3 INTS and 1-6 points allowed. Nick Foles (QB-PHI), Alshon Jeffrey (WR-CHI), Brandon Marshall (WR-CHI), Mike Wallace (WR-MIA), and Justin Tucker (K-BAL) all tried their best, but the error by omission has proven critical. With this win the Rossies climb to 2-4, while the loss sees the Jets fall to the same mark.

Ballyhaise Bills 143.66 - 120.52 Oraisteach's Browns

The Bills earned their second win of the season with a good, solid performance to see off the now 3-3 Oraisteach's Browns by a 23 point margin. The skill positions came through for the Bills, with top scorer being Chicago running back Matt Forte, who is hitting form at a good time for the Bills. Forte had 29.85 points on 2 Rushing TDs, 80 rushing yards, 10 receptions and 77 receiving yards in a typical Forte game. He was supported by Philip Rivers (QB-SD), ERic Decker (WR-NYJ), Antonio Gates (TE-SD), James Jones (WR-OAK), the Seattle D/ST and Ryan Kerrigan (LB-WAS). The Browns looked to the Denver D/ST to try and backbone their effort, and 22 points on 1 TD, 4 Sacks, 1 INT and 1 Fumble Recovered was a good outing by any measure. They had good backup in Gio Bernard (RB-CIN), Fred Jackson (RB-BUF), Julius Thomas (TE-DEN) and Dan Bailey (K-DAL) but it wasn't enough to overcome a nice outing from the Bills.

Coolera Bears 134.25 - 101.12 hegan's clowns

Ominously the defending champions have moved into a tie for the leagues best record (although they remain at #3 seed overall) with a 5-1 mark, thanks to this win over the now 2-4 hegan's clowns. It's worth noting that with the clowns performance in this defeat, every team in the league scored at least 100 points, which is no mean feat. In fact the league averaged 133.83 points for the week. Good stuff lads. Back to this game, and the Bears had 7 positions return double digits, led by star Denver WR Demaryius Thomas and his 24.20 points from 10 receptions for 124 yards and a TD. Jay Cutler (QB-CHI), Antonio Brown (WR-PIT), Josh Reed (TE-WAS), Ben Tate (RB-CLE), Steven Haushka (k-SEA) and LeVonte David (LB-TB) all chipped into the winning effort as well. For the Clowns, only 3 positions managed to break the 10 point barrier, chief amongst whom was Redskins WR DeSean Jackson, who had 18 points on 115 yards and 1 TD against Arizona. Lamar Miller (RB-MIA) and Kyle Fuller (DB-CHI) also did their bit, but it was to no avail as the rest of the roster couldn't rise above mediocrity.

Muck Savage

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 15, 2014, 09:21:02 AM
I'll try get the recaps done at lunchtime, but well done to Savage Bears :) Took me down in the Superbowl by 0.85 of a point or something after the 49ers D got 22 points ! At least my unbeaten record went to a fellow Biffo. I hope that makes up for the U21 final all those years ago :)

Ouch!

Minder

170 points and looks like I will be beaten, forgot the games were at 5pm yesterday and left in Da Bears D against the Pats  :(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

I left ingram on the bench yesterday thinking he wasn't back to par - puts up 17 points...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Fermanaghandsam

On a positive note I was without a DB this week and put Meriweather of the redskins in on Monday morning, rocks up with 27 points to get me the win  :D

Mayo4Sam

Second highest scorer this week with 175 and still feckin lost
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

RealSpiritof98

that is crazy.... Learning every week. Some great games

the onion bag

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 28, 2014, 11:47:59 PM
Second highest scorer this week with 175 and still feckin lost

I'd apologise but the same thing happened me a few weeks ago. To really rub the salt in, not only was it the second highest score of the week, but also the second highest score in the division all season!

David McKeown

Bad run of decisions in recent weeks has really seen me fall. Still enjoying it mind
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Iceman

What are the standings in the 3 leagues after Monday Night's game?
The B division is shaking up every week. I wondered if A and C were in the same boat?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Dunno but I am glad to get a win this weekend, thought the bye week would cripple me but a couple of nice free agent pick ups including Bengals RB Jeremy Hill - 25 pts, after hearing Gio Bernard was injured.

Maclin has been some beast lately
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney