NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Ok, invited ye both. Go ahead and accept invites immediately please.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 02, 2014, 03:32:07 PM
I was working during the 'B' draft, trying to juggle both . Logged on and had the 1st pick, added Jamal Charles to my queue , only for the draft to pick McCoy on me. BS:(
Happened twice again also.

Not really that terrible is it? Two smashing players who should rack up tons of points.

RealSpiritof98

Signed up and good to go tonight, i'll get some research done when i get back from the gym, the wife giving me some weird looks.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 02, 2014, 06:21:17 PM
Signed up and good to go tonight, i'll get some research done when i get back from the gym, the wife giving me some weird looks.

Hope you pulled the trigger on the Welker Trade, he is out 4 games for Performance Enhancing Substances!!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Oraisteach

Just participated in a 16-team league.  Grueling.  Slim pickings at the end.  Almost drafted Murphy from Donegal as my tight end.

David McKeown

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on September 03, 2014, 12:29:55 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 02, 2014, 06:21:17 PM

Hope you pulled the trigger on the Welker Trade, he is out 4 games for Performance Enhancing Substances!!

Really wish I knew that before I drafted him. Oops.  Bench it is for him then
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

OK, All drafts are done and dusted and we are ready to kick off. Well done everyone for attending and I think there were a lot of decent picks made in all 3 drafts. Don't forget to set your lineups before Tomorrow night, as that's when it all kicks off.

NFL Week 1 Fixtures :

Thursday September 4th (1.30 am Friday September 5th Irish Time)

Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks (Sky Sports 1)

Sunday September 7th

6 PM Irish Time
New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons
Minnesota Vikings @ Saint Louis Rams
Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Philadelphia Eagles
Oakland Raiders @ New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills @ Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins @ Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans @ Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins (Sky Sports 1)

9.25pm Irish Time

Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Francisco 49ers @ Dallas Cowboys (Sky Sports 1)

1.30 am Monday September 8th Irish Time

Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos (Setanta Ireland and Channel 4)

Monday September 8th

12.10 am Tuesday September 9th Irish Time

New York Giants @ Detroit Lions

3.20 am Tueday September 9th Irish Time

San Diego Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals

AZOffaly

Much more important though, are our fixtures.

Montana League

Faithful Turfmen B v hegan's clowns
Smackdown Clowns v Blue BIFFOS Team
Ruthless Rossies v Coolera Bears
Ballyhaise Bills v Colm O Mealoid
Oraisteach's Browns v New York Jets VIII

Payton League
Faithful Turfmen v Crossmaglen Hitmen
Red Hand Helmets v Gary O'Neills Team
Galway Bay Tribesmen v Bear You To Shreds
Big Apple Orchards v M4S someday
Rehab is 4 Quitters v L'Esprit de Biff

Rice League
Faithful Turfmen C v FermanaghandSam
Antrim89 (bastard of a name!!) v Troy PolaMAYO
Ushane's Bolts v Oakleaf Dolphins
Gabriel's Nice Team v David's Superb Team
Sean's Team v Geezers 49ers
Ronan's Team v Mayo Monsters

Just a reminder, you can also change your team name by going to your roster page, and clicking the 'Edit' symbol up beside your logo on the top left.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2014, 11:03:02 AM
OK, All drafts are done and dusted and we are ready to kick off. Well done everyone for attending and I think there were a lot of decent picks made in all 3 drafts. Don't forget to set your lineups before Tomorrow night, as that's when it all kicks off.

Not by me it seems, auto draft seems to shaft you!

Sometimes in life we make mistakes. Mayo Monsters will hopefully use this giant mistake of a draft as a learning opportunity, so in future drafts they will perform much better. After selecting eighth overall, they are projected to go 3-11-0 (1,417 points) and finish 10th in Jerry Rice C Championsip League. They obviously understand how important the running back position is in fantasy football. They used three of their first five picks on RBs Giovani Bernard (second round), Zac Stacy (third round), and Joique Bell (fifth round). They built one of the top WR pairs in the league, as they have Demaryius Thomas and Vincent Jackson on the team.

Brutal draft

Its saying the waiver for the C division wont be through until the 5th, is that past the setting your lineup date?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

Waivers should be the same for all leagues each week.

All players will go on Waivers from the time of their game, until Tuesday. This means if you want a player during this window, you have to submit a waiver claim for him, and it will be processed according to waiver priority. This rule prevents people watching the games live (if they are in the States for example) picking up a backup running back if they see the main man getting broke up in the game they are watching while we are all asleep.

Between Tuesday and their game time, all players are Free Agents and can be picked up immediately. Players dropped go on Waivers for 2 days.

The C division has a waiver date of this week because after a draft, the players go on 'Waivers' for 2 days, as if they have just been dropped. Because our draft is later, the 2 day period brings it into the 5th. But you are really only missing out on Seahawks and Packers. You should be able to pick up anyone else on Friday or Saturday.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

oakleaflad

I seem to have done alright considering i've never done this before.

Grade A+

Loaded With Dolphins, Oakleaf Dolphins Will Be a Juggernaut.

Draft Summary
Even though Oakleaf Dolphins didn't have a high draft pick (seventh overall), it didn't matter, as they built a legit squad capable of taking it to any opponent that gets in their way. As far as projections go, they will probably finish third in Jerry Rice C Championsip League with a record of 11-3-0 (1,813 points). With their first five picks, Oakleaf Dolphins aimed for balance, selecting QB Peyton Manning (18th overall), RBs Le'Veon Bell (31st) and C.J. Spiller (42nd), and WRs Calvin Johnson (7th) and Mike Wallace (55th). They ended up with the top QB duo in the league, as they added Manning and Alex Smith.

This all means nothing at this stage though. Not overly happy with my RBs but we'll see how it goes.

AZOffaly

Those grades are notorious, but I did notice you were making decent picks (insofar as you can tell before a ball is pucked in anger).

declan85

Does anyone know if they are keeping the experimented longer PATs through the regular season?