NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

heganboy

Absolutely gutted last night. Matt Stafford's crap showing still had me nosed ahead in our semi final, and with 38 seconds to go he throws another pick for a minus two points, and I lose by 0.2

unfortunately its not a 'for the bragging rights" league this one is cold hard cash, and that f**king hurt (a lot)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: heganboy on December 17, 2013, 03:07:57 PM
Absolutely gutted last night. Matt Stafford's crap showing still had me nosed ahead in our semi final, and with 38 seconds to go he throws another pick for a minus two points, and I lose by 0.2

What a sickener.

I thought the Royal Badgers was bad losing to a kicker who scored 23 points when he had a 22 point lead but that's even worse.

Oraisteach

What teams have made it to the finals in each league?

In the Montana, it's Oraisteach's Browns vs. Coolera Bears

the Deel Rover

Well done g o neill gave me a right auld hammering . In div 3 its mayo for sam against g o neill . At least im in division 2 next year so not too bad a season
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 18, 2013, 10:12:35 PM
Well done g o neill gave me a right auld hammering . In div 3 its mayo for sam against g o neill . At least im in division 2 next year so not too bad a season
yeah I'll take the promotion - enjoyed the competition deelrover this year - good craic!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

So, it's Mayo for Sam vs. G. O'Neill in one final and Oraisteach's Browns vs. The Coolera Bears in another.  Who's in the third?

Muck Savage

Ruthless Rossies vs Savage Bears
Rossise the overwhelming favorite to take the title after beating Royal Badgers last week with a Justin Tucker 61 yrd field goal in the last min Mon night to win by 2pts.

Rossie11

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 21, 2013, 02:14:29 AM
Rossise the overwhelming favorite to take the title after beating Royal Badgers last week with a Justin Tucker 61 yrd field goal in the last min Mon night to win by 2pts.
That's the whole season of luck used up right there. Gonna get well beaten I fear.
I am contemplating doing the unthinkable and benching Bree's at the panthers.
Thunderstorms promised for that game.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossie11 on December 21, 2013, 11:25:19 AM
Quote from: Muck Savage on December 21, 2013, 02:14:29 AM
That's the whole season of luck used up right there. Gonna get well beaten I fear.
I am contemplating doing the unthinkable and benching Bree's at the panthers.
Thunderstorms promised for that game.

Hadn't heard that. Interesting....

Oraisteach

Congrats to magpieseanie on winning the GAABoard Superbowl IX championship.  His Coolera Bears beat me, and the Chicago Bears let me down.

And, of course, not nearly enough thanks to AZOffaly for running the competition and for making Fall Sundays enjoyable.

Again, good man, Seanie, and hard luck to Ballyhaise Bills who had a terrific season and an impressive final week.

magpie seanie

Thanks Oraisteach, sentiments much appreciated. My big players came through for me yet again and a few things ran for me. As a Chicago Bears fan I was hugely disappointed at the beat down they got last night but I must say I smiled when the starters were pulled with plenty of time to go! I had a tough defeat in the final in my rookie season so I've badly wanted to win this one.

Again huge thanks to AZOffaly for organising. It's a great competition.

Also a big shout out to all who play. It's a tremendously competitive league. There's no week where you get a handy game which is great.

Here's to 2014. Coolera Bears abĂș!

mc_grens

Just want to add my thanks to AZ for organizing, and well done to everyone who competed all year and kept the leagues competitive right until the last day- some great playoff races!

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Iceman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 23, 2013, 01:18:00 PM
Yes, cheers AZ, we had a good battle in our division
Congrats MAyo4Sam - you had a solid season and delivered at the end when it counted.

Cheers AZ for running yet again - GAAboard American sports man of the year!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight