NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Quote from: mc_grens on November 13, 2013, 08:59:01 PM
Anybody in Payton in trouble for a QB? I've got Rivers and Cam Newton and need RB help...

I think today or tomorrow is the last day for trades in the Montana so I'd assume it's the same for everyone. As usual no-one too interested in trading. I've Romo and Cam Newton and there's no market for either apparently.

Rossie11

Lack of trades is a result of smaller leagues and smaller starting rosters.
Back in the day of 2 X QBs 3 X WRs and 2 X RBs in a 15-16 team league there were a few trades every week.

AZOffaly

I hate Fantasy Football. On an unrelated topic, I also hate Ray Rice, Trent Richardson and every other running back in the league apart from Shady McCoy and Jamaal Charles.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2013, 09:48:37 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on November 13, 2013, 08:59:01 PM
Anybody in Payton in trouble for a QB? I've got Rivers and Cam Newton and need RB help...

I think today or tomorrow is the last day for trades in the Montana so I'd assume it's the same for everyone. As usual no-one too interested in trading. I've Romo and Cam Newton and there's no market for either apparently.

I think, to be fair, that this year in particular has been weaker than normal for trades. I'm thinking it's because a) running back is so shit that no-one wants to give up a good back and b) WR and QB is relatively deep. I've been very active in the waiver wire this year, not that it helped much. I just can't believe the running back situation. I might fire up something for the craic here.

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2013, 11:50:48 AM
I hate Fantasy Football. On an unrelated topic, I also hate Ray Rice, Trent Richardson and every other running back in the league apart from Shady McCoy and Jamaal Charles.

I dodged a giant Trent Richardson bullett in that trade we talked about earlier in the year... Hard to believe hes been as crap as he has...

AZOffaly

Running Back, pre season top 10, with their preseason and current actual overall ranking in brackets, based on our league scoring.

1 - Adrian Peterson (1-5)
2 - Doug Martin (2-140)
3 - LeSean McCoy (3-8)
4 - C.J Spiller (4-112)
5 - Ray Rice  (5-130)
6 - Jamaal Charles (7-3)
7 - Marshawn Lynch (8-4)
8 - Arian Foster (9-61)
9 - Trent Richardson (10-129)
10 - Matt Forte (11-10)

The actual top 10 running backs (with their overall positions and pre-season overal projected position in brackets)

1 - Jamal Charles (3 overall - Preaseaon 7 overall)
2 - Marshawn Lynch (4 - 8)
3 - Adrian Peterson (5 - 1)
4 - LeSean McCoy (8 - 3)
5 - Matt Forte (10 - 11)
6 - Knowshown Moreno (11 - 120)
7 - Frank Gore (22 - 39)
8 - Reggie Bush (23 - 35)
9 - Fred Jackson (27 - 128)
10 - Alfred Morris (30 - 12)

magpie seanie

It has been carnage. Trent Richardson for me is the worst and hardest to explain.

AZOffaly

The most interesting thing in that snapshot to me is that of the top 10 pre-season running backs, 9 of them were forecast to be in the top 10 overall. In actuality there are only 5 in the top 10, and the 7th best running back is 22nd overall. The 10th best running back is 30th. That's serious lack of production at RB.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: declan85 on November 14, 2013, 12:00:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2013, 11:50:48 AM

I dodged a giant Trent Richardson bullett in that trade we talked about earlier in the year... Hard to believe hes been as crap as he has...

He was my 1st pick  >:( His carries are now measured in Inches rather than yards. Anyone Want him ? You can have him for nothing  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2013, 01:08:37 PM
The most interesting thing in that snapshot to me is that of the top 10 pre-season running backs, 9 of them were forecast to be in the top 10 overall. In actuality there are only 5 in the top 10, and the 7th best running back is 22nd overall. The 10th best running back is 30th. That's serious lack of production at RB.

AZ - I think 9 of the top 10 picks overall were forecast to be RB's and that was generally the case. I don't think 9 of the top 10  in terms of projected points were forecast to be RB's. RB's were being taken early as it was believed that the fall off after the top guys was colossal so everyone had to grab a good one 9or two) early. That thinking was correct except that some of the top guys turned out to be duds too!

AZOffaly

No, in terms of projected rank, not projected pick position, 9 of the top 10 were running backs. (At least according to the Proj versus Actual in the player records). It wouldn't make sense that projected versus actual was projected draft position versus actual points scored.

magpie seanie

Just looked at it there and you are 100% right. A bit surprised at that to be honest - would have expected QB's to be highest scorers both projected and actually but seems they weren't projected that way. Interesting.

AZOffaly

Maybe it's because it's PPR and only 4 points for a passing TD in our league...

magpie seanie

That's probably it. Also the bonus points for "over so many yards per game" could be impacting things.

Oraisteach

In my other league, it's all about QBs so that the team with Peyton Manning is flying, racking up 80+ pts per QB alone.  I have Aaron Rodgers, so I'm sliding right out of contention.  Still, I am discovering an unpleasant side of my personality--an uncharitable desire to see Peyton's ankles planted in a pair of boots.  Heck, I'd settle for a pair of floppy wellies.

BTW, I really like our 10-team format, even though there are fewer trades.  At least you can always pick up something on the wire and not have to settle for Trent Richardson's great-aunt Philomena.  Makes the games more enjoyable.