NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

cadhlancian

smoo. that team of yours is fecking awful! I think an "article" would be warranted....... ;)

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 10, 2013, 09:03:10 PM
smoo. that team of yours is fecking awful! I think an "article" would be warranted....... ;)

I like to hit the back door early on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mc_grens

"Tyrone's Red Hernandez"?

I'm a Derry man! I hereby lodge a complaint with the league- bring in Paul Tagliabu. This needs independent mediation!

It's "Caught Red Hernandez"- as In Aaron Hernandez- no Tyrone affiliation!

The Claw

Lads ye might have a look at fantasy5live.com, we're trying an NFL game between the Jets and the Patriots on Thursday night football. For those of you who don't know the format, pick 5 players who you think will score the most points according to the scoring system. We hope to do more games over the season and eventually offer prizes for winners. Feedback would also be appreciated.
http://fantasy5live.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/new-england-patriots-versus-the-new-york-jets-five-players-to-watch/
Here is a preview I've done one the game.

Mayo4Sam

Is it alright to admit I dont have a clue how the scoring works and am just going on projected stats??  ??? ???

All I do know is that I have a cross fecker in my sights this weekend
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

OK, so week 2 is in the books and the results are all in following the Bengals win over the Steelers last night..

Joe Montana A Championship - Week 2

0-2 Faithful Turfmen B 126.73 - 200.11 Smackdown Clowns 1-1

First up the honour for this week goes to the Smackdown Clowns who bounced back from scoring 170 points and losing to getting to the magical 200 point barrier and making mincemeat of the Turfmen, who had a perfectly respectable tally. The Clowns had huge weeks from Michael Vick, Randall Cobb, Desean Jackson, Matt Forte and Jimmy Graham. In all 9 of their players, including 2 IDPs, broke the 10 point barrier. In the face of such an onslaught the Turfmen were always going to struggle, and getting -1 from your kicker was just the icing on the cake as David Akers got stuffed by the Arizona Cardinals. Marshawn Lynch's 27.75 points were wasted, but the Broncos D and Andre Johnson did their best.

0-2 hegan's clowns 130.02 - 151.03 Coolera Bears 1-1

Another bounce back result as the Coolera lads made no mistake and evened off their record at 1-1, condeming the clowns to an 0-2 start. Julio Jones was the big man here with 30 points for the Bears, as he profitted from Roddy White's absence, but Julian Edelman, Jamaal Charles, ERic Decker and Martellus Bennett, the Bears TE all made hay. The clowns had a good showing at 130 points as well, and their top individual scorer, unusually, was a defensive lineman, Mario Williams, with 23 points. The Seahawks D added 28, and Brees, Spillar and Carolina TE Greg Olsen all had good showings as well.

2-0 Ballyhaise Bills 153.09 - 129.42 Oraisteach's Browns 1-1

The Browns came back to earth this week, despite another good showing, as the Bills moved onto a 2-0 mark with this 24 point win. The Bills had a nice spread of scoring with no real monster weeks, but 8 roster spots beat 10 points, including Knowshon Moreno who was the highest individual contributor with 20.35 points. Again the team defence of the Patriots were the top returner with 23 points. The Browns had 5 10 point plus positions, and rejuvenated Pierre Garcon of the Redskins was the pick of them with 23.15 points.

1-1 Red Hand Helmets 110.77 - 139.26 New York Jets VII 2-0

The Jets have also started 2-0 following this 29 pointer over the Helmets, and will be delighted to have got off to a strong start. They had 6 quality starts (more than 10 points) and were also able to survive another kicker nightmare in the form of Baltimore's Justin Tucker's -1 return. Calvin Johnson was the main man with 25.80 points, but Matt Stafford, Dez Bryant, the Ravens Defense and Panthers LB Luke Kuechly were all  good performers on the week. The Helmets will like what they saw from Andrew Luck, Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Matt Prater, the Bengals D and Bernard Pollard the Safety of the Titans, but it wasn't enough on this occasion to haul out the win.

1-1 Dextor Clinkscale IV 126.23 - 142.29 Capt Pats Vikings 1-1

Finally this week, the Vikings and the Clinkscales evened up their records at 1-1 with a win for Capt Pats team. In yet another defeat for a 100+ scoring team, the Vikings ran out 16 point victors. It is worth noting that the lowest score of the week was 110.77, so well done to all. In this matchup the Vikings rode the performances of Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Jermichael Finley Blair Walsh and the Texans D to victory, and while only Rodgers was really stellar, the others were solid backups. Dextor Clinkscale, if that is his real name, had to look on as efforts from Matt Ryan, Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson the Niners D, Mark barron (Safety TB) and Lavonte David (the Tampa Linebacker who gave the stupid penalty to the Jets in week 1) were to no avail in this tilt.

Walter Payton B Championship Week 2

After Week 2 of the Payton Championship we're also starting to see a little separation already. We have 3 teams on 2-0, 3 teams on 0-2 and 4 on 1-1. Falling to 0-3 will be hard to overcome in a 15 week regular season, so the 0-2 teams probably need a win next week to get them going. This week the Faithful Turfmen kept the Offaly flag flying with a win over  Armagh's Big Apple Orchards. The Tribesmen punished Red Hand Hernandez for giving out to me about their place of origin last week, so it's only justice for the Derry men. The Kildare representatives, in the shape of the Curragh Rams, showed no gratitude for all Geezers hard work with a 10 point win over Armagh's Crossmaglen Hitmen. The Royal Badgers gave Meath another win over an Offaly team as L'Esprit de Biff has started very slowly out of the gate. Surely the 2011 champion of the A section will not end up in C after this year? Finally, in a midlands battle the Rossies took out the other Offaly team, Savage Bears.

2-0 Faithful Turfmen 124.08 - 90.85 Big Apple Orchards 1-1
2-0 Galway Bay Tribesmen 149.93 - 97.36 Caught Red Hernandez 1-1
0-2 Crossmaglen Hitmen 160.66 - 170.08 The Curragh Rams 1-1
2-0 Royal Badgers 132.61 - 105.74 L'Esprit de Biff 0-2
1-1 Ruthless Rossies 179.72 - 133.94 Savage Bears 0-2

Jerry Rice 'C' Championship

Our 12 team league saw the best matchups of the week in terms of close finishes, and only 1 team finishing with under 100 points, which is a great achievement in a 12 team league. Unfortunately that team was my own Faithful Turfmen C, but we'll live and learn from the experience. As mentioned the Turfmen fell, and it was the Hoboken Celtics who won comprehensively with 150.07 points. Rehab is 4 quitters had a 20 point win over O'Neill's Chargers. The Antrim Autopicks had a narrow 5 point win over fellow Glensmen the North Antrim Nuggets while less than 4 points were all that jolene's team had to spare over Bacon Sanger Please.  The Fighting Vincents from Toronto, by way of Tyrone, went to 0-2 following a loss to Gary O'Neil's team and Deel Rovers Rad Team lost out in the battle of Mayo to Mayo4Sam.

1-1 Faithful Turfmen 'C' 95.51 - 150.07 Hoboken Celtics 2-0
1-1 Rehab is 4 quittters 139.53 - 119.06 O'Neill's Chargers 0-2
0-2 North Antrim Nuggets 129.73 - 134.72 Antrim Autopicks 1-1
1-1 Bacon Sanger Please 123.73 - 127.49 jolenes team 1-1
0-2 Fighting Vincents 104.47 - 129.70 Gary O'Neil's team 2-0
1-1 DeelRovers Rad Team 102.38 - 110.66 Mayo4Sam 2-0

Stay tuned

AZOffaly

Week 2 Allstars Team

You'd have had some week if you picked....

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) 34.45 points

It could have been even better for Rodgers as he probably took his foot off the pedal after a monster first half against the hapless Redskins, but even so he still managed to hold off Michael Vick for the performance of the week at signal caller. Rodgers' line was 34 of 42 for 480 yards and 4 touchdowns. He did end up with -3 yards rushing, but that was because he took 3 knees on the Eagles 11 yard line at the end of the game. For shame!

WR1 - Julio Jones (Atlanta Falcons) 30.10 points

The 3 year man out of College Football's premier program at the moment (Alabama) is really doing the business in the NFL. He's been a hit since he was drafted in 2011, and has 20 touchdowns to his name in his young career already. This week he enjoyed himself in the win versus the Saint Louis Rams, as he easily shouldered the burden imposed by an injury to Roddy White. Jones ended up with 11 receptions from 14 targets for a total of 182 yards and a TD score. Not bad at all from the big man.

WR2 - Eddie Royal (San Diego Chargers) 29.63 points

This one has left a lot of head scratching as Royal has come from the dead (owned in only 17% of Yahoo Leagues) to be relevant again. The use the term Fantasy Zombie for this sort of performance as the 6 year man (who had only 23 total catches last year for 234 yards and 1 TD) had 7 receptions from 8 targets for 90 yards and 3 touchdowns in one game alone this week. Malcolm Floyd getting hit certainly influenced those numbers, but the Virginia Tech man also had 2 TD catches against Houston in Week 1, so maybe this is for real......cue frantic scrambling for the waiver wire...

RB1 - Marshawn Lynch (Seattle Seahawks) 27.75 points

The Seahawks brutalised the San Francisco 49ers up in Seattle on Sunday night, and Marshawn Lynch was a big reason why. The Cal man (also the Alma Mater of Aaron Rodgers) had 27.75 points on the back of 98 yards rushing, for 2 scores and 3 receptions for 37 yards and another score. Lynch will have bigger yardage in other games, but 135 all purpose yards against the Niners is still very good, and his 3 scores pushed him well clear in the Running Back Stats for this week.

RB2 - James Starks (Green Bay Packers) 20.40 points

The Fantasy Football Graveyard must be badly torn up with these Zombies rising and coming back to prominence on the field, and this is another that may well require a root around the Waiver wire. Only in the game thanks to a dirty (in my opinion) hit on Eddie Lacy, Starks seized his moment with a great display. 132 yards rushing, with a score, and 4 receptions for 36 yards to boot make him the second best RB in our format this week. We all know how the NFL treat concussions these days, and Lacy seemed really cut up and out of it, so he may well miss a game or two. The question as to whether Starks can continue to produce like this is moot, but the back from little Buffalo University will get his chance while Lacey is counting stars.

TE - Jimmy Graham (New Orleans Saints) 28.95 points

Despite Jared Cook's big week last week, it was always going to be simply a matter of time before the cream of the Tight End crop rose to the top and as it turned out the wait was only 1 week. There are a few, maybe 4, elite tight ends in the league and Jimmy Graham is right there at the top of the list. He came out of the 'U' (Miami) with a big reputation and is living up to it easily in the NFL. Week 2 saw Drew Brees look to the big man 16 times against Tampa Bay, and Graham caught 10 of them for a massive 179 yards. He only got into the endzone once, but his mobility and catching ability will see him get his fair share of scores too.

RB/TE/WR - Desean Jackson (Philadelphia Eagles) 28.65 points

For the second week in a row (and probably get used to it) our flex spot goes to a wide receiver as Desean Jackson had a great performance in a loss to San Diego. Yet another Cal Golden Bear, Jackson hooked up with Michael Vick for 9 receptions on 15 targets and 193 yards. He also had a 61 yard TD reception in there, and that sees him into our Flex slot ahead of Calvin Johnson.

K - Nick Novak (San Diego Chargers) 18 points

Novak wins the golden boot this week as he amassed 18 points in the win over the Eagles on Sunday. The Maryland man was 4 of 4 on field goals, including 3 over 40 yards and he also was perfect on the Extra Point attempts as he helped the Chargers to an important road victory for them.

DEF - Seattle Seahawks 28 points

I'll wager this is not for the last time this season, but the Seattle Seahawks defense and special teams manhandled the 49ers on Sunday night to take the award for this week. Allowing a miserable 3 points was impressive enough, but 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 2 Fumble Recoveries and a Safety speak to an absolutely horrible night for Colin Kaepernick and co, and a great one for Fantasy owners of the Seahawks D.

DB1 - Alterraun Verner (Tennessee Titans) 18 points

There were no crazy performances this week in the DB slots, but the lad with one of the coolest names had a great outing with 18 points. Owned by only 3% of Yahoo teams, the corner from UCLA (PAC-12 are dominating this week) had 5 tackles and a pick 6 as well as 3 other passes defended for a very satisfactory night for the few that owned him.

DB2 - Tim Jennings (Chicago Bears) 16 points

We had 2 safeties filling the DB slots last week, this week it's 2 pure Corner Backs as Jennings comes hot on Verner's heels for the second placed spot. He is owned by far more teams (33%) than Verner so the chances are his points were more appreciated. A similar line to Verner saw the 8th year man out of Georgia have 4 tackles, a pick 6 and 1 less pass defended (2) which translates into 16 valuable points from DB.

LB - Brian Cushing (Houston Texans) 19 points

Yet another PAC 12 grad, and another from the Golden State, this USC Trojan racked up 11 tackles and 2 sacks in a win over the Tennessee Titans in Week 2. Part of a good Houston Linebacking Corps, Cushing is owned in 45% of Yahoo leagues and provided a great boost from the Linebacker position to those owners in Week 2.

DL - Mario Williams (Buffalo Bills) 23 points

Last, but not least we move on to the big uglies, and there are few nastier than the 6' 6'' DE from NC State. Williams has been doing the business in the NFL for 8 years now, including 6 at Houston, and he has started well in 2013 again. Week 2 saw him gather 5 solo tackles but a huge 4.5 sacks in a dominant performance against the Panthers O-Line. Owned by 37% of Fantasy teams, there's a fair few happy this morning that they picked him up.

The Iceman

very pleased with my week 2 result! It was the wee lad's first day of school so I missed the draft. The auto picks got me a bunch of injured or inactive players and yahoo rankings were all over the place. I lost the head and dropped 8 players and picked up 8 more on waivers. All part of the plan, more or less.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

declan85

Anybody looking for TE help in the Joe Montana A League? Smackdown Clowns looking for some RB or maybe WR help and willing to trade one of Paytons new best friends, TE Julius Thomas. He has 4Tds through the first 3 games. All/any offers considered...

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

I'd be interested too even though I love the Black Unicorn! Have a look at my crew, Coolera Bears and see what you think.

Mayo4Sam

Can anyone explain to me about the defensive lads and scoring and ranking?
We'll say I've a lad called Eric Berry, says he's ranked at 1533, projected to 1592, he has 31 points for the season so far.
Compare him to Terence Newman, ranked 164, projected to 270, 29 points for the year

WTF??
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 25, 2013, 10:57:47 AM
Can anyone explain to me about the defensive lads and scoring and ranking?
We'll say I've a lad called Eric Berry, says he's ranked at 1533, projected to 1592, he has 31 points for the season so far.
Compare him to Terence Newman, ranked 164, projected to 270, 29 points for the year

WTF??

There's no rhyme or reason with the defensive player projections and ranks. It must be somethnig to do with the fact that most leagues wouldn't have any defensive players. I think it's great that we do.